Thread: air pocket?

lifesabitch is offline Associate Member

air pocket?

I have a pocket of I thought oil, but maybe air at my injection site in my shoulder. It has been there for about a month now, I don't think it is oil anymore because I would think that the body would have absorbed it by now if it was. When it first developed, it hurt a little and was red, but it has gon down at least half but is still there and is little, but noticeable. I am not really worried because it doesn't hurt, not red, and has gone down half the size. But I am just wondering what this is and how, if I can help it dissapear, it just bugs me. It is a little hard in the middle, but can be moved from side to side kinda like you can move your knee cap side to side( I hope that made sense). Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks guys. I was using test E and eq in the same syringe.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    sounds like an abscess to me, i never had an abscess so i couldnt say if they move back and forth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails air pocket?-steroid2.jpg   air pocket?-steroid4.jpg  

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Are you sure of your injection procedures? If it was a clean inject and good gear more than likely it will go away with time, most irritations can be attributed to bad gear, shitty procedure, excessive BA or movement whan injecting can cause tissue damage in the muscle. Since it doesn't sound infected I would say it is prolly some injury to a small muscle that will heal up.

Nice pictures Dirty, now I'm gonna go puke and get rid of all my gear.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    Nice pictures Dirty, now I'm gonna go puke and get rid of all my gear.LOL

yeah sry bout that...

just want peeps to know how bad they can be so they dont take them lightly.
    dv

big_C is offline Member
    should post those pics for the young guys who think they know all about AAS, and then they post questions about problems injecting like where and how!! I'm happy I never experienced that nasty shet!!

Are you sure of your injection procedures? If it was a clean inject and good gear more than likely it will go away with time, most irritations can be attributed to bad gear, shitty procedure, excessive BA or movement whan injecting can cause tissue damage in the muscle. Since it doesn't sound infected I would say it is prolly some injury to a small muscle that will heal up.
    I cleaned everything with alcohol and I aspirated like you are supposed to. I did everything correctly, I just have never had a lump that last for more than a week. If it is muscle tissue damage, wouldn't I feel it when I lift? Thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails air pocket?-96142363_329194101_0.jpg   air pocket?-96141843_329192109_0.jpg  

bigron62 is offline Junior Member
    those pics are real nasty

big_C is offline Member
    that looks like big lump bro..if that was your injection site, i think you hit the delt a little to low IMO. Inject higher up next time. It's not to red, but a big lump...if it was abscess i think it would be alot redder than that in a month. I don't know man, i'd see a doc personally, if you don't want to tell him the real reason for the lump, give him a bullshit story like, i leaned on a wall and got poked by a nail or something, it been a month and the mark is gone, i don't know

gonnagetBIG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifesabitch
    I cleaned everything with alcohol and I aspirated like you are supposed to. I did everything correctly, I just have never had a lump that last for more than a week. If it is muscle tissue damage, wouldn't I feel it when I lift? Thanks guys
    I have gotten something like that when doing shoulder injects before, not quite that bad though. Mine was more like a bruise though and sore to the touch like a bruise. It went away in like a week maybe a little more. Does it hurt at all?

When I was a kid my brother always had to get allergy shots and I remeber that sometimes the nurse was good and it caused him no problems, but every once in a while he would get one that would just mess him up. Make him look and feel like he just took a baseball bat to the shoulder. Having said that, and I know it's not real red, it's not oozing anything-I would still have to say, after seeing the pics, that is one big frickin lump and I would have my Dr take a look. It may very well be nothing, but if it's something it is good to know quickly. Also, you said you wiped everything down with Alcohol, you didn't touch the needle though right? Needles should come wrapped in a airtight sterile platsic wrapper, any touching, even with alcohol could only contaminate it.

that looks like big lump bro..if that was your injection site, i think you hit the delt a little to low IMO. Inject higher up next time. It's not to red, but a big lump...if it was abscess i think it would be alot redder than that in a month. I don't know man, i'd see a doc personally, if you don't want to tell him the real reason for the lump, give him a bullshit story like, i leaned on a wall and got poked by a nail or something, it been a month and the mark is gone, i don't know
    I wouldn't tell him you accidentally got poked by a nail or anything, he'll want to stick a series of tetanus in ya-no fun! Just my 2cents.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    If its red and very sore to touch its an infection. It would be warm also. If it's not any of these then give it a few more days and it may subside.

big_C is offline Member
    I wouldn't tell him you accidentally got poked by a nail or anything, he'll want to stick a series of tetanus in ya-no fun! Just my 2cents.
    If he hasn't had a tetanus shot in the last ten years, he should have one anyway...it's not a series of shots either, it's one shot and they can do it in the other shoulder, they are pretty painless, just sore for a day. I just got one 3 months ago.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_C
    If he hasn't had a tetanus shot in the last ten years, he should have one anyway...it's not a series of shots either, it's one shot and they can do it in the other shoulder, they are pretty painless, just sore for a day. I just got one 3 months ago.
    I remember mine. Hurt for about 5 days after. Felt like a dead arm.

big_C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    I remember mine. Hurt for about 5 days after. Felt like a dead arm.
    maybe the nurse sucked @ giving shots, mine wasn't even sore for a few hours. I've had them before too, they can leave ya sore for a day. 5?? thats sucks bro

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    ,,,First of all, its NOT air. Air would be readily absorbed by the body rather quickly. Doesnt strike me as in infection either, as it is improving rather than getting worse. What it probably is is a small depot of oil that just has not absorbed at the usual rate. I wouldnt worry about it as long as it keeps going down.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifesabitch
    That's an abcess bro.Trust me,I've had identical several times.It won't go away til it's drained.There's a pinkish puss right under your skin that has devoloped into a pocket,and needs to come out.Do this.Get a 20g pin an inset it into the area not too deep.Take it out and tense up your delt.I gaurantee you puss will run out.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    ,,,First of all, its NOT air. Air would be readily absorbed by the body rather quickly. Doesnt strike me as in infection either, as it is improving rather than getting worse. What it probably is is a small depot of oil that just has not absorbed at the usual rate. I wouldnt worry about it as long as it keeps going down.
    Not true at all.Abcesses tend to subside in time and just stay like that without getting worse.It's a puss biuld up that won't drain itself.Like a big pimple,if you will.

~Pinnacle~

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Do this.Get a 20g pin an inset it into the area not too deep.Take it out and tense up your delt.I gaurantee you puss will run out.
    Cool!!

big_C is offline Member
    That's an abcess bro.Trust me,I've had identical several times.It won't go away til it's drained.There's a pinkish puss right under your skin that has devoloped into a pocket,and needs to come out.Do this.Get a 20g pin an inset it into the area not too deep.Take it out and tense up your delt.I gaurantee you puss will run out.

~Pinnacle~
    never had one yet...ouch, draining it would suck!!

While your doing this,

Get a 20g pin an inset it into the area not too deep.Take it out and tense up your delt.I gaurantee you puss will run out.
    Make sure your GF has a camera so you can post some pics of you passed out. That's a gonna hurt! Good luck.

Thanks for all of your opinions. It is not sore at all and it seems to be going down in size. One night I said F*** it and went home and stuck a needle in it, but all that came out was blood.

~Pinnacle~
    What causes and abscess like this. He says he did everything right.?

Could it be he didnt go deep enough with the injection.?
    And im not sure but from the pic it looks like the injection was a little low from the delt.?
    dv
    Last edited by dirtyvegas; 09-23-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Also was the gear UGL .?

Are you sure its legit.?
    dv

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    What causes and abscess like this. He says he did everything right.?For me,it was caused a few times from injecting too frequently in that particular muscle without letting the muscle recoup and disperse all the oil ect.

Could it be he didnt go deep enough with the injection.?That,coupled with the reasons I listed above.

And im not sure but from the pic it looks like the injection was a little low from the delt.?Yep..I had one in the same exact spot
    dv
    Like I said,I have the exact same thing several times.It's not techincally an abcess,more of an inflamation,if that makes sense.I've had a couple where I've let them go on like he did,and it took forever,but they eventually went away. I've seen pics here on this very board of a guy doing a delt shot,aspirated,and drew back pinkish fluid like I stated earlier.He was shocked at this,but nothing ever came of it.The resident doc that was on this board at the time posted it was an inflamation and nothing to really be concerned about as long as a fever didn't accompany it.
    Moral of story is,give each injection site ample time to recover and clear out all fluids,oils,ect.

~Pinnacle~

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Pinnacle nailed it.

Abscess is close enough. It's usually pink because there's a little blood mixed with a lot of puss. Can be drained fairly easily but hospitals make a big deal of it and unnecessarily use a drainage catheter, which takes a long time.

What do you attribute yours to Pinn?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Pinnacle nailed it.

Abscess is close enough. It's usually pink because there's a little blood mixed with a lot of puss. Can be drained fairly easily but hospitals make a big deal of it and unnecessarily use a drainage catheter, which takes a long time.

What do you attribute yours to Pinn?

M.
    I always drained them myself.I've taken out as much as 8cc of fluid in one sitting,then gone back in the next day and took out 4-5 more cc's.

I'm certain my problems always arose from injecting to frequently in the same muscle.Also,putting far to much oil in a muscle that really couldn't handle that load.Like the delts at 3cc's.Another problem for me is,I like high concentration gear,so that's rather harsh on your muscles as well.

~Pinnacle~

Thread Information