powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

How does HPTA work in castrated men?

I was wondering how PCT might work for a castrated man. I am NOT castrated and dont want any jokes about that. What I am really asking is what happens when the testicles fall out of the picture? Do the adrenal glands make up the testosterone difference?

My dog is castrated and developed normally, as do many other dogs and even people.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I was wondering how PCT might work for a castrated man. I am NOT castrated and dont want any jokes about that. What I am really asking is what happens when the testicles fall out of the picture? Do the adrenal glands make up the testosterone difference?

My dog is castrated and developed normally, as do many other dogs and even people.
    For example, what about Lance Armstrong? Is he on HRT for life or what?

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Guys that have testicular failure of both testes have to go on TRT for life. If they only loose one ball, then they need to get bloodwork done to see if the one ball is providing enough testosterone or not.

The Adrenal glands can't come close to making up for the loss of testosterone when the testes are taken out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Guys that have testicular failure of both testes have to go on TRT for life. If they only loose one ball, then they need to get bloodwork done to see if the one ball is providing enough testosterone or not.

The Adrenal glands can't come close to making up for the loss of testosterone when the testes are taken out of the picture.
    That's what I thought, thanks. Would my dog be any bigger and/or muscular if he had not be castrasted? I often wonder that...

Froggy is offline Member
    Try a search for "eunuch"...interesting thought...

Unoid is offline Member
    of course you're dog would be bigger. You know first hand if a man was castrated he'd turn out having the body of a female, bodyfat and all. Not to mention more timid.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know any castrated men. I did have a supervisor once that I wanted to castrate.

I imagine PCT would not be necessary for a castrated male as once it's cycle was ended it would go immediately back on HRT.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    That's what I thought, thanks. Would my dog be any bigger and/or muscular if he had not be castrasted? I often wonder that...
    I know nothing about the endocrinology of a dog, sorry. Interesting question, however.

hunter111 is offline New Member
    I dont know for sure but I believe that what they do is only cut and tie the semen tube which actually has nothing to do with the hormone delivery. But like I said I dont know for sure.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter111
    I dont know for sure but I believe that what they do is only cut and tie the semen tube which actually has nothing to do with the hormone delivery. But like I said I dont know for sure.

What your describing is a vasectomy. I had a vasectomy 14 years ago and the doctor used stainless steel clips on the tubes.

Castration means: cut off the balls.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    What about gelded horses........they are strong and develop normally

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810
    What your describing is a vasectomy. I had a vasectomy 14 years ago and the doctor used stainless steel clips on the tubes.

Castration means: cut off the balls.
    Yeah, my dog doesn't have nuts.

elite2kr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    What about gelded horses........they are strong and develop normally

ya i want to know also

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter111
    semen tube....hahahahaha....No, they remove the balls. My dog has a empty sack if that solves the puzzel.

My buddies pit got its nuts clipped at like 5 or so months old and a year later its a 110 pound monster. I wonder if he had let the dog keep its balls what it would look like.

Thread Information