Akrus423 is offline Useless Member

Cops finding steroids

i wondering like marijuana, if cops and k-9s can find out if something is a steroid by smelling it. I think it would be kind of hard for cops to do this because there are so many kinds of brands out there and steroids . So does anybody know that they can figure out that something is a steroid by smelling it?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    No K-9's cant sniff out gear..

what about human cops?

thndrgod33 is offline Associate Member
    i can smell dbol a mile away

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thndrgod33
    i can smell dbol a mile away

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrus423
    what about human cops?
    Your kidding right..

im talking bout like keepin a bunch of d-bol in like one of those walgreens bottles so there might be lil chunks in there if like cops find it so im saying could they tell if they were steroids by smelling it?

i goto college and when i take my d-bol it's usually during class so i put in a walgreens bottle that was used for meds and when i'm done with the d-bol there are always like lil bits of chunks of d-bol left.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    i goto college and when i take my d-bol it's usually during class so i put in a walgreens bottle that was used for meds and when i'm done with the d-bol there are always like lil bits of chunks of d-bol left.
    Going to college? You need to take more writing classes.....

love 2 lift is offline Associate Member
    I would say the dogs couldn't smell the gear, but it would depend if your source stored other illegal substances with the gear before you bought it. Since some sources don't deal in just gear.

stu
    stu is offline Junior Member
    holy fick son, thought i was dumd,with grade 10 ed......feel like a doctor now thanx

i just don't give a sh*t bout my writing

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    old prescription bottle works for me. it's got my name on it so that makes it ok to take when and where I want.

I don't know if dogs can sniff steroids . They can smell a dirty ass however.

hehe

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    this is funny

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    what about human cops?
    The non-human ones like RoboCop can smell them, they are programmed to sniff out d-bol specifically. J/K

Dude this seems like a really lame question to me because if you are so damn worried that the cops are going to find your gear why in the hell are you carrying them with you? Go buy yourself another 89cent bottle of aspirin and keep it in a different bottle that stays at home.. Or maybe you are trying to be cool with your friends and show them you have gear?

Grow up and use your head, if you get busted it is no ones fault but your own.

Oldman

jjfighter is offline New Member
    ????

bs54 is offline New Member

Yes, dogs can smell gear

I don't think it's really relevant in your context (i.e. a small amount in a different bottle on your person, in a situation where they're unlikely to be looking specifically for steroids ) but there are dogs that are trained to sniff the stuff out, just like any other class of drugs.

The reason I know this is because I was busted crossing the border from Mexico back into the US a few years ago - specifically by a dog. A friend and I were bringing some gear back in a hidden compartment on my car and were flagged for inspection. The physical inspection turned up nothing but then they brought out a particular dog - bypassing another one that was sitting idle just a few feet away. That dog hit on the exact spot where we had everything stashed; and we only had AAS's on us, no other drugs of any type.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it would really be hard for a dog in the city or small town to smell gear. Besides when are you ever going to be close to a cop dog, if you did see one you would probably walk a different way. In terms of what I think? I think this is a dumb question and the probability of someone smelliing it, maybe in the thousands.

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bs54
    I don't think it's really relevant in your context (i.e. a small amount in a different bottle on your person, in a situation where they're unlikely to be looking specifically for steroids ) but there are dogs that are trained to sniff the stuff out, just like any other class of drugs.

The reason I know this is because I was busted crossing the border from Mexico back into the US a few years ago - specifically by a dog. A friend and I were bringing some gear back in a hidden compartment on my car and were flagged for inspection. The physical inspection turned up nothing but then they brought out a particular dog - bypassing another one that was sitting idle just a few feet away. That dog hit on the exact spot where we had everything stashed; and we only had AAS's on us, no other drugs of any type.
    Had there been any illegal substances in that compartment before sometime eventhough it didn't currently?

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_fusion
    Had there been any illegal substances in that compartment before sometime eventhough it didn't currently?
    No, there had never been any substances at all in that compartment nor had there ever been any illicit substances in my car for that matter.

These things did come from mexican pharmacies though, where they could surely have been in contact with other substances at some point. So there's a possibility that something other than anabolics were directly responsible, but I don't think that's the case. It was pretty clear that they suspected steroids - and they did go out of their way to fetch a particular dog for the task when another one, which had been sniffing other cars during the physical inspection, was sitting idle just a few feet away.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that a dog could be trained to detect anabolics though. They may not be smelling the actual compounds themselves; could be the agents that they're normally packaged in - oils, fillers, etc. Though I imagine they can also detect the hormones themselves, for example the pure powder forms.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    idk man the smell of winny is strong, and noticable.
    i would think they could train them to smell it out cause they all have a smell to them

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    Dogs can be Trained To find anything with a smell... It is only a matter of using a tennis ball and teach them to find the scent.Easy stuff

BOBBY D is offline Member
    im sure the authorities r working on training dogs to do so. damn, i wish there was a gadget that u can put on ur car that can scare the sh*t out of any dog & make them not respond & go running the other way. lol, imagine, hahhaha..

Yeah, like an ultrasonic sound device. That would be pretty damn funny for a few minutes ... 'til they figured out was going on and really tore the shit out of your car.

Thread Information