Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Seattle Junk

Thread: Fera/Duta NO!...Will anything stop Winnie hair loss?

Fera/Duta NO!...Will anything stop Winnie hair loss?

I've read a lot about 2.5-Finasteride & .5-Dutasteride preventing DHT hair loss for gear like Deca , but not for Winnie. Nizoral at 1% or 2%, may help depending on who wrote the thread. But I need simple facts...

What can prevent (or severely effect) Winstrol hair loss, or is it even possible?

Gold

Lil' help!

Marco...

332 Members Viewing, And I Can't Get A Hand.

Bump...

supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member
    Finasteride and dutasteride will not do anything for Winstrol -induced hair loss because Winstrol is a DHT metabolite. Fina and duta are designed to prevent the conversion of test to DHT, but if the steroid is already in a converted state (simple way to put it) then these drugs are useless.

Steroids can and do cause people to lose hair independently of DHT mediated effects...this is very important in understanding hairloss. The simple fact that an androgen is binding to the androgen receptor accelerates hair loss. To combat this type of hair loss you need to use an anti-androgen (as opposed to a drug that is only anti-DHT). So the order of the day is topical spiro or topical flutamide.

In conclusion, topical spiro and topical flutamide should help reduce the hairloss caused by any type of steroid, from test to deca , winstrol to tren . DHT inhibitors such as fina and dutasteride will ONLY help with test suspension, test cypionate , test enanthate , andriol and halotestin (did I forget any?).

IMO, the steroids to avoid entirely if you have hair loss issues:

Anadrol , dianabol , tren , masteron , winstrol

Safe steroids: nandrolones, anavar (one of my favourites for side effects), testosterones (as long as you use the appropriate hair loss aids).

Good cycles for people with hair loss include:

test cyp/enan + anavar
    deca + anavar
    test cyp/enan + deca

You could also use primobolan in your cycles, but IMO primo isn't that great for hair loss. I put it somewhere between winstrol and anavar in this respect.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldieTheMack
    I've read a lot about 2.5-Finasteride & .5-Dutasteride preventing DHT hair loss for gear like Deca , but not for Winnie. Nizoral at 1% or 2%, may help depending on who wrote the thread. But I need simple facts...

What can prevent (or severely effect) Winstrol hair loss, or is it even possible?

Gold
    You read wrong because Finasteride and Dutasteride increase hairloss when used with Deca. There is little that can be done to combat this side effect of Winstrol, short of stop using it. Finasteride and Dutasteride are only of use with testosterones.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Azealic Acid has been proven to block up to 99% of DHT at the site

Quote Originally Posted by supplementsavvy
    So the order of the day is topical spiro or topical flutamide.
    Thanks for the info.
    I don't have a family history of hair loss, both mom's (mpb gene) and pop's men have full heads of hair (not even receeding hairlines). I just don't want to cause problems in this area. With such good hair genes, it seems I'd be a likely candidate for Winnie/Primo is there anything that should be run with them besides Test & duta, or apply topically that's not listed above? Again thanks fellas.
    Gold

Diplomat is offline New Member
    where do u get tropical spiro and tropical flutamide ?

Diplomat is offline New Member
    and is it safe to take dutasteride and finasteride , minoxidill and azeliac acid all at the same time safe.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Finasteride and dutasteride will not do anything for Winstrol -induced hair loss because Winstrol is a DHT metabolite. Fina and duta are designed to prevent the conversion of test to DHT, but if the steroid is already in a converted state (simple way to put it) then these drugs are useless.

Steroids can and do cause people to lose hair independently of DHT mediated effects...this is very important in understanding hairloss. The simple fact that an androgen is binding to the androgen receptor accelerates hair loss. To combat this type of hair loss you need to use an anti-androgen (as opposed to a drug that is only anti-DHT). So the order of the day is topical spiro or topical flutamide.

In conclusion, topical spiro and topical flutamide should help reduce the hairloss caused by any type of steroid, from test to deca, winstrol to tren. DHT inhibitors such as fina and dutasteride will ONLY help with test suspension, test cypionate, test enanthate, andriol and halotestin (did I forget any?).
    I do not agree with your statement. Androgens by themselves (besides DHT of course) do not cause hairloss. It's the presence of DHT ONLY that binds to the receptors in the scalp within the MPB area. You can have androgens circulating in very high amounts in your body but if very little of it is DHT, no hair loss. DHT is a necessary hormone in the body that gives males their secondary male characterstics. i.e. beard, deepening of the voice, development of male sex organ, body hair and yes, male pattern baldness.

A good drug that demonstrates this is oral turanibol. It's a androgenic oral compound with very little to no conversion to DHT in the body. Basically an altered form of dbol where that drug does convert into DHT easily. My theory is that the E. German's made this drug mainly for the female Olympic athletes to avoid virlization. They saw what testosterone did to women.

Winny, drol, tren , etc are all basically DHT from the beginning so 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors (finastride, dut) will no work. Just as supp says above.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 11-01-2005 at 12:06 AM.

I think it was Llewelyn in Anabolics who wrote about steroid induced hair loss via the androgen receptor apart from the effects of DHT. If roids only cause hair loss via DHT, then how can one explain hair loss from deca durabolin (rare, but some people do shed off nandrolones) or other steroids that are not DHT based and do not convert to DHT?
    Or look at Proviron , even though it is essentially DHT, it's not regarded as something that people with MPB MUST avoid.

I'm not an expert on this, I just go by what I read. I actually hope you're right on this one because I'm sick of worrying about my hairline while on cycle.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it was Llewelyn in Anabolics who wrote about steroid induced hair loss via the androgen receptor apart from the effects of DHT. If roids only cause hair loss via DHT, then how can one explain hair loss from deca durabolin (rare, but some people do shed off nandrolones) or other steroids that are not DHT based and do not convert to DHT?
    Or look at Proviron , even though it is essentially DHT, it's not regarded as something that people with MPB MUST avoid.

I'm not an expert on this, I just go by what I read. I actually hope you're right on this one because I'm sick of worrying about my hairline while on cycle.
    Explaining hairloss with Deca is easy. Deca is a androgen, believe it or not. It can and it will in higher amounts convert into DHT. It's benefit to BBs is that it doesn't aromotize easily. Also remember that tren is a 19-nor class drug, just like Deca. Tren can make your hair fall out in clumps like drol.
    ramymounir likes this.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Interesting Seattle, that clears something up for me as well, thanks.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Explaining hairloss with Deca is easy. Deca is a androgen, believe it or not. It can and it will in higher amounts convert into DHT. It's benefit to BBs is that it doesn't aromotize easily. Also remember that tren is a 19-nor class drug, just like Deca. Tren can make your hair fall out in clumps like drol.
    "Although nandrolone does undergo reduction via the same enzyme that produces DHT from testosterone , the result in this case is dihydronandrolone. This metabolite is weaker than the parent nandrolone and is far less likely to cause unwanted effects."

Anabolics 2004

So deca converts to DHN, not DHT. Although less likely to cause side effects, Llwelyn doesn't say that DHN will not cause hair loss.

Regardless of this particular issue, I think the smartest way to go about avoiding hairloss is to approach the problem from as many angles as possible.

Blood flow issue - minoxidil acts on nitric oxide to increase blood flow, retin A increases absorption of minoxidil.

Antioxidant status - SOD and green tea extract have both shown promise in reducing hair loss

DHT-induced hair loss - finasteride and dutasteride orally and/or topically can be used to help prevent hair loss. Flutamide and spiro are general anti-androgens and are also good, as is azelaic acid. Topical zinc and B6 are sometimes included in formulas to combat DHT as well.

Emu oil is supposedly helpful due to its high content of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.

Copper peptides are supposed to be good for inflammation which can contribute to shedding.

There are no doubt other angles, but these are the ones that I'm aware of. If you pick one product from each category, I think that makes a good stack.

LEFF is offline New Member

Question

I read this thred and one seems very useful.
    However, I do not understand how metandienone influences on hair and how avoid hair loss when using metandienone.
    Can somebody tell me one?
    I have got MPB.

Peace brothers!

ps: sorry for my bad english

LEFF is offline New Member
    Flutamide and spiro are general anti-androgens and are also good, as is azelaic acid.
    Does spiro really work?
    It cant work because that blocks aldosterone hormone, but no DHT. Isn't it?

reveremuscle is offline Associate Member
    Anyone actually use Flutamide, I found a site that sell it, do you apply at night or walk around all day with this stuff in your hair?

ramymounir is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk View Post
    I do not agree with your statement. Androgens by themselves (besides DHT of course) do not cause hairloss. It's the presence of DHT ONLY that binds to the receptors in the scalp within the MPB area. You can have androgens circulating in very high amounts in your body but if very little of it is DHT, no hair loss. DHT is a necessary hormone in the body that gives males their secondary male characterstics. i.e. beard, deepening of the voice, development of male sex organ, body hair and yes, male pattern baldness.

A good drug that demonstrates this is oral turanibol. It's a androgenic oral compound with very little to no conversion to DHT in the body. Basically an altered form of dbol where that drug does convert into DHT easily. My theory is that the E. German's made this drug mainly for the female Olympic athletes to avoid virlization. They saw what testosterone did to women.

Winny, drol, tren, etc are all basically DHT from the beginning so 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors (finastride, dut) will no work. Just as supp says above.

so why does finasteride and Duda accelerate hairless with Deca ?

Thread Information