noneyours is offline Junior Member

clean sprint athlete

Hey, I have been training for my sport since the first of the year (ie less that one year). My races are primarily 21-23 seconds long and 49-52 seconds in length (sprint). In the shorter race my speed is right at 3.5% slower than the world record in that event. Considering that I am only using creatine, protien, zma, and a few other legal supps, and my clean progress so far, would you recomend making that step into the world of illegal stuff? How much performance could I gain on the illegal route over remaining clean? Would it be worth the risk?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    depends if your in a olympic event, college event, ect.

edit: also uve only been training for it for 8 months, uve got a lot more training to do before you step into tha world of steroids

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noneyours
    Hey, I have been training for my sport since the first of the year (ie less that one year). My races are primarily 21-23 seconds long and 49-52 seconds in length (sprint). In the shorter race my speed is right at 3.5% slower than the world record in that event. Considering that I am only using creatine, protien, zma, and a few other legal supps, and my clean progress so far, would you recomend making that step into the world of illegal stuff? How much performance could I gain on the illegal route over remaining clean? Would it be worth the risk?
    How come you can't tell us what events you are in?

Wink

based on your avatar, i think you should know
    (olympic event: 50mfree 100m free)
    Last edited by noneyours; 08-17-2005 at 09:21 PM.

musclehead1 is offline Member
    based on your avatar, i think you should know
    (olympic event: 50mfree 100m free)
    i would have thought ur were a track sprinter. doing 200m and 400m

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    You sound like someone that does not even do track, looking for an easy way out. what the hell do you run you dont even know your time whats 21-23
    He doesn't run track. He is a swimmer, hence the 50m free and 100m free.

For the thread starter, I think you should really wait a while. You haven't been training for that long... but if you want to use anabolics at least read everything you can about them before you start. Good luck.

If my calculations are correct, and they may not be, your best 50m free time is 22.35? If that is the case, then you would have finished 7th in the Olympics after less than 1 year of swimming. If that is true, then I would say don't use anything yet. If you are making that kind of progress, why take the risk of a negative test when you don't need it yet. Of course, if my calculation is way off here, then...

I just read that article about the history of drugs in sports thats what got me thinking about it. How accurate is that article, it makes it seem as if every top athlete from america is secretly using roids or some sort of doping. I wouldnt doubt it for a sport like cycling, but I really just dont know how true that is of swimming.

I just read that article about the history of drugs in sports thats what got me thinking about it. How accurate is that article, it makes it seem as if every top athlete from america is secretly using roids or some sort of doping. I wouldnt doubt it for a sport like cycling, but I really just dont know how true that is of swimming.
    I think a lot of them are, though maybe not all of them. You still didn't answer my question about your 50m free time.

your guess is pretty much correct assuming i fix the first 1/3 of my race. What do you think about Michael Phelps? clean or not? What % of the top sprinters (semifinals of olympics, finals at ncaa's) do you think use gear?

What do you mean by fix the first 1/3 of your race? What exactly is your best 50m free time? This is going to play a big role on whether or not you should take the risk.

In track and field I think the number of sprinters using is 85% or more. In swimming I'm not really sure, but my guess would be something like 40-50%. I think a lot of swimmers probably abuse EPO and stimulants though.

cycle with 'steroid cleanse'

I've decided to do a cycle or two before the end of the season and use the steroid cleanse product to avoid a positive test. I should only be tested at acc's and d1 ncaa's which are several months from now. What would you recomend as a good first cycle for a sprint athlete. What kind of doses should I use (175-190lbs range). I read a book and saw something that looked good, it was a cycle that started with test sus and slowly changed to winny over 21 days, but im not sure if the dosages were right for me. Since i will be using that steroid cleanse product, would that open up any other good cycles that i can pass a test with using the cleansing product? Any help on reasonable street prices for the gear and pct would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Thread Information