Anders29 is offline New Member

Question Big stomach from steroids?

I have an unnormaly big stomach (fat not included) which I probably got from steroid use 10 years ago.

But does steroids really lead to a big stomach, could I have mistaken myself?
    Doesnīt a lot of big bodybuilders have big stomachs?
    Why does the stomach get larger if that is the case and should it not go back to normal when you have been off steroids as long as I have?
    What can I do to get rid of it? Maybe a internal stomach operation?

/Anders

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    By stomach... do you mean your entire abdomen area? Growth Hormone used in large doses over long periods of time can effect this area - GH is not specific to just muscle growth... it can have an impact on internal organs and bones.

But AAS doesn't really have this effect, or is less know to - it can protect you from bone degredation with its effect on the osteoblasts, but not the development of new tissue that GH is known for...

If you have never used Growth Hormone for extended periods of time and large doses (this would cost you thousands and thousands $$) - please don't blame this on "I probably got from steroid use 10 years ago" - these are the kinda scares and myths we try and iron out here...

Sounds liek a genetic issue - if your concern is your actual stomach size... you can talk to a doc about stomach stapling or any other surgical approach...

No I have never used GH.

When I say big stomach I mean that my stomach bulge or stick out. This can partly be explained with unbalanced muscles - big "upper" glutes. But I donīt think that is the whole answer.

A person commented on my stomach just after a cycle of steroids , and he thought it was because of them, but he is no expert. And as I said, some bodybuilders have big stomachs, but maybe you are right in that they have used GH as well.

What is "stomach stapling"? I am from Sweden so if it is a common expression, forgive me for wondering.

/Anders

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    No expression at all - people that develop a large stomach from eating a lot can develop a large appetite to go with it... there body requiring abnormal amounts of food to feel satisfied. Stomach stapling is where docs go in and basically close it off - you can have it brought down to half its size. This is a common procedure for obese people and considerd safe... I know of at least two people who have done it... both severly over weight and only moderatly active...

From reading your posts it sounds like you are complaining of the fat caught inbetween your organs in the abdominal region. This can put you in a high-risk category for major health problems. Low testsoterone levels can cause this - you could see an endocrineologist. Testosterone use has been shown to decrease interabdominal fat stores. You can have your T levels checked by a doctor to see if HRT would help. Also, you have not mentioned what you activity level has been... you used steriods 10 years ago, so apparently a fit lifestyle was important then - are you still active today?

the good guy is offline Junior Member
    arnold blames the lost art o stomach vaccumes

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    You could possibly have 'pelvic tilt', read this:

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=127776

Thank you for your replys. I had to leave the computer for a while and will soon leave again.

Adressed to "Not Small": Yes I definitely have a 'pelvic tilt' (will read more about it at the adress you gave me). From the knowledge I already have about this I know some stretching exercises and compensatory exercises but I have tried that a while back for several months but did not get much results. It comes both from playing ice hockey and strengt training. And it seems very hard to change. The thing is that I do have pelvic tilt but I suspect that that is not the only reason why my stomach stands out so much.

And "Warrior": "fat caught inbetween your organs in the abdominal region"". I have been very inactive for many years now, even thou I started training regularly a couple of weeks ago. I have some fat on my body and in the abdominal region but back when I was training intensly I had the same problem with "bulgy" stomach even thou I was very fit so I donīt see why I should have "developed" fat only inbetween the organs back then.

/Anders

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders29
    Thank you for your replys. I had to leave the computer for a while and will soon leave again.

Adressed to "Not Small": Yes I definitely have a 'pelvic tilt' (will read more about it at the adress you gave me). From the knowledge I already have about this I know some stretching exercises and compensatory exercises but I have tried that a while back for several months but did not get much results. It comes both from playing ice hockey and strengt training. And it seems very hard to change. The thing is that I do have pelvic tilt but I suspect that that is not the only reason why my stomach stands out so much.

And "Warrior": "fat caught inbetween your organs in the abdominal region"". I have been very inactive for many years now, even thou I started training regularly a couple of weeks ago. I have some fat on my body and in the abdominal region but back when I was training intensly I had the same problem with "bulgy" stomach even thou I was very fit so I donīt see why I should have "developed" fat only inbetween the organs back then.

/Anders
    Could be VAT

A cortisol related problem

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    This can also be just the way your body is. My stomach is the same, I have never run GH b4 but my stomach tends to buldge a little, like someone has pumped air into it. I think its possibly do to eating all the time so having an actual increased stomach size due to it always being filled with food. I also think that with eating a lot as BB's do, there is always large quantities of blood in your abdominal area to aid digestion, this also gives a fuller bloated look. Also if you retain water it can add to this. These are just my personal opinions and experiences tho, cant be sure what your problem is for certain.

-Bino

Thread Information