Thread: injection

Glory604 is offline Junior Member

injection

currently i use a 21 g( 1 1/2 " ) pin to draw qv test and use a 25 g 1 inch for most injections. it seems that when i try to draw the test, it is really hard for me to get a full 2cc drop in the pin. do you guys recomend using a diff size. i used to use 21 for inj. but 25 is so much better for me,,,, let me know what u guys think.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    18 gauge is best for drawing.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory604
    currently i use a 21 g( 1 1/2 " ) pin to draw qv test and use a 25 g 1 inch for most injections. it seems that when i try to draw the test, it is really hard for me to get a full 2cc drop in the pin. do you guys recomend using a diff size. i used to use 21 for inj. but 25 is so much better for me,,,, let me know what u guys think.

I use an 18 but see that most people using 20 gauge tips. I'm always in a rush for everything so the faster the better...............

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    If this is a multidose vial, are you pumping air into the vial first then drawing?
    I use 20guage to draw and don't seem to have an issue. If I am drawing 1 cc, I will pump about 1.2 cc's of air into the vial. Just a thought.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    If this is a multidose vial, are you pumping air into the vial first then drawing?
    I use 20guage to draw and don't seem to have an issue. If I am drawing 1 cc, I will pump about 1.2 cc's of air into the vial. Just a thought.
    ill put $100 down thats what hes doing wrong. You need to push air into the vial in order to get oil out. i usually like to do 2.5 cc's per 1 cc i need out of the vial. do that and the pressure you create by putting the air in pushes the oil right into the syringe.

Thread Information