Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member

Short Cycle, High Dose

Who believes in this type of cycling? Ive been reading, and from personal experience, that short cycles in high doses are very effective. First, if you go, say, 6 weeks of prop at a couple grams per week, shutdown is supposed to be minimal. Recovery quick with minimal use (or none) of recovery drugs. Im going to give it a shot, because honestly, i notice that i do 90% of my growing in the first month on prop. Im no expert on this one, so vets and mods, or anyone with experience, what do ya think?

damn, no one? This is supposed to be a hot topic...

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    i guess not many people have started on short cycles so there is limited data on the subject,i really wanted to do a short cycle for my first cycle in order to be shutdown for only a short period of time(i heard the p/gland and testes recover alot quicker if youre not on for more than two weeksish),i guess you wouldnt make big gains but instead they would be slow and steady.i would like some info on this too.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy
    This is supposed to be a hot topic...
    A hot topic yes. The problem here is that there are few that have actually done this. I see Marcus lurking so I"m sure he'll post his side. He seems to have had some experience with this so he'd be one of the better members to answer this question.

ok, hope some experience wonders in... im personally going to give it a shot. no longer than 8 weeks. i have test enth, tren enth, deca and drol. doses will be (i dont go that high) 1.2 grams test, .6 gram deca, and .4 gram tren /week. drol at 100mg ed for first 4. i may up the dose and go 6 weeks. dont worry about deca and tren together, it works for me!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    all depends on what type of short cycle your talking about, the short heavy cycles which last for about 30 days are very effective in building muscle tissue, you dont have to use short esters long esters can be used with the same effect at the start of the cycle, recovery and maintainace are far better and there is no need to bridge or increase the dose everytime you start a new cycle, the body can build new muscle tissue for short periods of time but cant carry on doing this for weeks on end, if the body is primed correctly before the start of a short heavy cycle the gains are amazing no matter what level you are..

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    all depends on what type of short cycle your talking about, the short heavy cycles which last for about 30 days are very effective in building muscle tissue, you dont have to use short esters long esters can be used with the same effect at the start of the cycle, recovery and maintainace are far better and there is no need to bridge or increase the dose everytime you start a new cycle, the body can build new muscle tissue for short periods of time but cant carry on doing this for weeks on end, if the body is primed correctly before the start of a short heavy cycle the gains are amazing no matter what level you are..
    now this is what im looking for... good news... can you give me an example of what a short cycle would look like in your opinion?

TantruM is offline Associate Member
    not to hyjack but any examples of these 4 to 6 week cycles... dosage drugs, ect, and what do ya mean properly primed?

manc is offline Member
    im trying this approach in a few weeks..i posted something about this last week and didnt get much back

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by manc
    im trying this approach in a few weeks..i posted something about this last week and didnt get much back
    Reason for that is,it's extremely dangeous IMO to post up doses ect on a newbie type board like this.All you need is one kid to get some bright idea and we have another headline in the news.

manc is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Reason for that is,it's extremely dangeous IMO to post up doses ect on a newbie type board like this.All you need is one kid to get some bright idea and we have another headline in the news.
    yes pinn i understand ,but i meant about short cycle results,not dosages.
    i should of worded it better

as far as i know, the cycle are run about a month tops. the doses are high, and should not me messed with if your not well educated and experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by TantruM
    not to hyjack but any examples of these 4 to 6 week cycles... dosage drugs, ect, and what do ya mean properly primed?
    the dosage depends on the individual cycle history and NOT what advance BB's would use, this is why its very dangerous to post our cycles because everyone is different, pinn is correct (like always)
    priming means creating an anabolic enviroment by using your diet before the start of the cycle, by doing this you will accelerate the process of building muscle which will be an advantage with this type of cycling
    Last edited by marcus300; 02-05-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    priming means creating an anabolic enviroment by using your diet before the start of the cycle, by doing this you will accelerate the process of building muscle which will be an advantage with this type of cycling
    I'll elaborate a little further on this.What marcus is saying is that you would sort of diet down and deplete like running a comp diet.By putting your body in a depleted state,you'll get a rebound effect when all of a sudden you increase your cals heavily and add massive amounts of anabolics to the mix as well.The result is rapid growth,and it comes on real quick

I'll elaborate a little further on this.What marcus is saying is that you would sort of diet down and deplete like running a comp diet.By putting your body in a depleted state,you'll get a rebound effect when all of a sudden you increase your cals heavily and add massive amounts of anabolics to the mix as well.The result is rapid growth,and it comes on real quick
    LOL you took the words right out of my mouth,

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    as an idea this is really interesting.. I do understand pins point though...

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I like the sound of this.

But, I guess this technique is used when a plateu is reached when you have done many cycles, including AS, HGH, IGF and Insulin .

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    I like the sound of this.

But, I guess this technique is used when a plateu is reached when you have done many cycles, including AS, HGH, IGF and Insulin.
    alot of advanced BB's use this to shock their bodys past a sticking point but it can be used no matter what level you are at,

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    alot of advanced BB's use this to shock their bodys past a sticking point but it can be used no matter what level you are at,
    I'm open minded to things like that, I think I'll give it a try one day.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I mean if pros at a very high level get great results with it why shouldnt it be applied earlier, unless there is a reason to support that ofcourse. ...

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    I mean if pros at a very high level get great results with it why shouldnt it be applied earlier, unless there is a reason to support that ofcourse. ...
    it can be,
    earlier post- alot of advanced BB's use this to shock their bodys past a sticking point but it can be used no matter what level you are at,

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    But not on a first cycle, I would imagine....right?

TantruM is offline Associate Member
    how about 2nd? :P

well its clear then... its an effective tool for putting on lean mass fast... when used properly by people who know what they are doing, and who know their own body... interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    But not on a first cycle, I would imagine....right?
    i wouldnt advice a first time user to do this type of cycling, you need to know the cycle history which will give an idea what dosages to use,

what would we be looking at for diet? a matter of weeks?

Musa is offline Associate Member

I thought that , you have so many muscle reseptors in you body , and that your body can use only so much juice , and if you take a lot more that your body can handle ,they get saturated !!!!!

well its clear then... its an effective tool for putting on lean mass fast... when used properly by people who know what they are doing, and who know their own body... interesting for sure.
    correct totaly agree with the above statement,

also there is a very intense training program what goes along side this type of cycling, you can metaly prepare yourself for the 30 days of intense training but yet again you cant do this for the average cycle your body will just break down,

end results are amazing,

Quote Originally Posted by Musa
    I thought that , you have so many muscle reseptors in you body , and that your body can use only so much juice , and if you take a lot more that your body can handle ,they get saturated !!!!!
    your body will increase the number of receptor sites in reaction the the high test levels.

i can tell you one thing for sure... my personal experience goes along with this theory, cause i grow FAST in the beginning of a cycle, like 90%. the rest of the cycle (usually past 5-6 weeks) is not even close. I also really like the idea of rebounding fast and easy, and bridging not being needed. A bonus not to have drugs in the system for so long too. I dont like sticking myself every day for 12-16 weeks. 4 or five sounds better.

the dosage depends on your own cycle history so your dosage could be very little AAS towards others, what might be high for you might not be, am not saying everybody should use high amounts, the high amounts what you are thinking are took by advance BB's who want to get past a sticking point,

the body can jump new lean muscle tissue in short periods of time just how babys/teenagers do,but it cant carry on doing this for weeks on end, your body gets saturated when AAS are taken over a long period which results in increased dosages for further cycles or bridging/coasting just to maintain the gains,
    this is why the body finds it hard to recovery because its been saturated for weeks on end, also why stay on a cycle when the gains have stopped? gains are more or less normaly in the first few weeks, if your prime the body correctly & design the cycle with a intense training progarm your can create a very anabolic enviroment for muscle tissue to grow,

the dosage depends on your own cycle history so your dosage could be very little AAS towards others, what might be high for you might not be, am not saying everybody should use high amounts, the high amounts what you are thinking are took by advance BB's who want to get past a sticking point,

the body can jump new lean muscle tissue in short periods of time just how babys/teenagers do,but it cant carry on doing this for weeks on end, your body gets saturated when AAS are taken over a long period which results in increased dosages for further cycles or bridging/coasting just to maintain the gains,
    this is why the body finds it hard to recovery because its been saturated for weeks on end, also why stay on a cycle when the gains have stopped? gains are more or less normaly in the first few weeks, if your prime the body correctly & design the cycle with a intense training progarm your can create a very anabolic enviroment for muscle tissue to grow,
    like my previous post, i agree 100%. and who wouldnt benefit from shorter cycles, less PCT and better recovery? its all about getting the right cycle for you i guess..

So even if you do higher dosages , you will not be wasting much at least for the first few weeks , right?

So even if you do higher dosages , you will not be wasting much at least for the first few weeks , right?
    if that were true, then many bb's would never use higher doses. I do believe however there is a curve of deminishing returns, and i take it preparation and cycle design are very important to each individual. Apparently these will vary with cycle experience and genetics. I think your body gets used to AAS very quickly on just about any cycle, at least its true for me.

yes i have done very high dosages to get past a sticking point ,but even when you do them you dont carry on using them for future cycles,infact a mild dose is required because your body isnt use to it, your receptors respond unbelieveable with high dose and before your body realizes what is happening you are off the cycle so no nasty sides like with long cycles,

dosages depends on the individuals cycle history, but yes it is alot higher than you would normaly do, but its fine for short burst's so long as you prime and get metaly prepared for the cycle.

if that were true, then many bb's would never use higher doses. I do believe however there is a curve of deminishing returns, and i take it preparation and cycle design are very important to each individual. Apparently these will vary with cycle experience and genetics. I think your body gets used to AAS very quickly on just about any cycle, at least its true for me.
    Can you please give me an example of one of your cycles , and your stats !

Can you please give me an example of one of your cycles , and your stats !
    LOL this is an educational thread for me too but i sit now (out of gym for a few months) at about 205 , 5-9, lil chubby hehe... Ive only done lighter cycles, like less than a gram of any one AAS, mostly stacked 3 or less at a time. my weak point is steady discipline

I do believe however there is a curve of deminishing returns, and i take it preparation and cycle design are very important to each individual. Apparently these will vary with cycle experience and genetics. I think your body gets used to AAS very quickly on just about any cycle, at least its true for me.
    remember this statement very true words, excellent drummerboy!
    this is what ive been trying to explain for months now on here,

Sta11ion is offline Member
    THis is interesting only because it would depend on what ester you would use. As for past experiences I notice improvements after 5 weeks and even up to 2 weeks after cycle has been completed. I do notice a difference on dbal, coristol and some others right away but even if I do a short ester test like prop still takes me 3- 4 weeks to notice strength gains and shape. As for weight I dont count the first 1 -3 weeks as muscle I count it as water and fat.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    So basically, you would stop the cycle when I am starting to get improvements. For me this would not work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information