Thread: Winny & SHBG

Winny & SHBG

When using Winny for the purpose of reducing SHBG, say at 20-25mg ED, how long can you run it?

I know it's hepatoxic, but with low doses is it possible to extend it past 4-6weeks?

...bump

TheGreatOne is offline Associate Member
    I am not too sure if 20-25mg will have much of an effect on SHBG but if you are looking for better results, you can use winny at a normal dose of 50mg and add proviron to that and you will get much better results within the 4-6 weeks timeframe.

I am not interested in the winny hardening me up. Looking to use it strictly to reduce SHBG and make the test and tren i'm on be more available for my receptors.

TheGreatOne is offline Associate Member
    I am aware of that bro, here read this:
    The oral use of stanozolol can also have a profound impact on levels of SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin). This is a characteristic of all anabolic/androgenic steroids, however its potency and form of administration make Winstrol particularly noteworthy in this regard. Since plasma binding proteins such as SHBG act to temporarily constrain steroid hormones from exerting activity, this effect would provide a greater percentage of free (unbound) steroid hormone in the body. This may amount to an effective mechanism in which stanozolol could increase the potency of a concurrently used steroid. To further this purpose one could also addition Proviron, which has an extremely high affinity for SHBG. This affinity may cause Proviron to displace other weaker substrates for SHBG (such as testosterone), another mechanism in which the free hormone level may be increased. Adding Winstrol and Proviron to your next testosterone cycle may therefore prove very useful,, markedly enhancing the free state of this potent muscle building androgen.

I have read that, the dosing used in that study is .2mg/kg/day. Which is around 15-18mgs for most ppl.

I just want to know if when its run at that low of a dose if it can be ran for say 8-10weeks vs. the normal 4-6.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i have read and listened to other members saying that proviron on its own will lower the SHBG levels.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Khadafi
    I have read that, the dosing used in that study is .2mg/kg/day. Which is around 15-18mgs for most ppl.
    NOt sure which study either one of you are referring to, however, the study i've read is in Llewellyn's "Anabolics 2005."
    It refers to a 1989 German study using .2mg/kg. Llewellyn states "after only three days of administering a daily dose of .2mg/kg, SHBG was lowered nearly 50% in normal subjects (Anabolics 2005, pg 14, W. Llewellyn)."

Also, the study used .2mg/kg, which means it takes into account the body weight of the subject. Thus if YOU use .2mg/kg, it will take into account your body weight. Simply, the study did not use a set dose, the study reflects one's body weight.

Anyways, if you use .2mg/kg of your body weight and if the study is accurate, then I would surmise you too will have similar results. The key (taken from the study) being .2mg/kg of body weight.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I'd use Provrion over Winny. Proviron has a very high binding affinity to SHBG, whilst haveing the added effects of reducing estrogen, preventing the majority of its sides and increasing labido. Winny may mean a very small amount of gains, with a very low dose, but may cause side effects like joint problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight1811
    Also, the study used .2mg/kg, which means it takes into account the body weight of the subject. Thus if YOU use .2mg/kg, it will take into account your body weight. Simply, the study did not use a set dose, the study reflects one's body weight.
    Bro, I understand that i'm not retarded....200lbs=roughly 90.9 kgs *.2(mg/kg)=18.18 mgs per day

So know one has a direct answer to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    I'd use Provrion over Winny. Proviron has a very high binding affinity to SHBG, whilst haveing the added effects of reducing estrogen, preventing the majority of its sides and increasing labido. Winny may mean a very small amount of gains, with a very low dose, but may cause side effects like joint problems.
    Tru. I've been reading up on the combo of Proviron and Winny and from what i've read the combo really helps b/c like you said the proviron has a high binding affinity to the SHBG and the Winny helps reduce the total amount in your system so and then the proviron binds to a good amount of the remainder

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    When using Winny for the purpose of reducing SHBG, say at 20-25mg ED, how long can you run it?

I know it's hepatoxic, but with low doses is it possible to extend it past 4-6weeks?
    25 mgs ED for 8 weeks is fine bro....christ..I've ran drol at 200 mgs ED for 10 weeks and my lipid profiles came back relatively fine one weeks after stopping the drol.

I'll say this once again.The liver is far more forgiving than most ppl on anabolic boards tend to believe.Things get really over-exaggerated in regards to liver toxicity

j martini is offline Member

I see no reason why you could not extend use beyond 4-6 weeks liver problems are widely exagerated IMO, its not like if you use dbol or winny for more than 4 weeks you will end up with liver disease.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Tru. I've been reading up on the combo of Proviron and Winny and from what i've read the combo really helps b/c like you said the proviron has a high binding affinity to the SHBG and the Winny helps reduce the total amount in your system so and then the proviron binds to a good amount of the remainder
    You'd be far better off with aromasin bro...

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    25 mgs ED for 8 weeks is fine bro....christ..I've ran drol at 200 mgs ED for 10 weeks and my lipid profiles came back relatively fine one weeks after stopping the drol.

I'll say this once again.The liver is far more forgiving than most ppl on anabolic boards tend to believe.Things get really over-exaggerated in regards to liver toxicity

200 mgs ED i wanna see some pics of what you looked like, haha.

j martini is offline Member

Exactly, most people on the boards sometimes(usually) just repeat what everyone else says, so they read not to use an oral for more than 4 weeks to avoid lver problems, but seriously how many people do you know who have suffered liver issues with using orals for longer periods.

Thanks bro, I know I can count on you to actually answer the question and not make up ten answers to something that wasn't asked like most ppl on here.

Thread Information