harleyman is offline Associate Member

orals and the prostate

i always have problems with my prostate when i take orals it swells up i take saw palmeto for it and it helps never have a problem when taking injections .any one else have this problem doc told me it was from straining all the years of lifting ,prostate exam came back ok blodd test ok also.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    The definitive test for the state of you prostate is an ultra sound. Unfortunately they have to put the probe up your arse but it is worth it to find out for sure. I have BPH but I still cycle. Proscar and Hytrin have it under control so far.

only happens with the orals with you also or both
    Last edited by harleyman; 02-11-2006 at 09:39 AM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman
    only happens with the orals with you also or both
    I am not sure if has anything to do with either. I am 51 so it will swell a fair bit by now naturally, I a cruising on Test E at the moment, I have been on Proscar for about 5 months, I will have another untra sound in a couple of months to see if it has reduced in size.

yea im 40 now so maybe ill get the ultra sound done. test e and test c dosent mess with it at all only the orals.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    yea im 40 now so maybe ill get the ultra sound done. test e and test c dosent mess with it at all only the orals.
    Same here bro. Just guessing but it may just be how dbol and drol work (low affinity for AR binding) that really irritates the prostate and/or bladder neck. I used to think it was the androgenic component, but proved that wrong b/c test and tren are much more androgenic than dbol and drol, yet dont give much problems at all. My urologist perscribed me Flomax (a selective alpha blocker) that really helps with any urinary problems. In my own experience zinc helps out some too.

toolman is offline Banned
    i always have problems with my prostate when i take orals it swells up i take saw palmeto for it and it helps never have a problem when taking injections .any one else have this problem doc told me it was from straining all the years of lifting ,prostate exam came back ok blodd test ok also.
    NE Journal of Medicine this month has a big article on the worthlessness of saw palmeto. THey did a lengthy study and there was absolutely no benefit on the prostate versus teh placebo group.

Thread Information