getnlarge18 is offline Female Member

Needle too long??

Hey guys....I tried searching for this, but I couldn't come up with anything. I'm starting a 10 week cycle of primo and ordered 23g x1.5" pins for injections. That made sense to me at the time, but being female, I just realized that 1.5" might be good for the glutes but maybe a little long for delts or quads... Sooo....do I need to speed-order some 1" needles or can I get away with just inserting the 1.5" needles 1" into the muscle?

Thanks!

RAM2500 is offline Member
    Its fine for glutes and quads, just do go so deep on the delts. I use 1" for everything.

TheGreatOne is offline Associate Member
    speed order 1" and get 25g instead of 23. Most oils should run through 25g no problem, you can thank me later.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..I use 23ga or 25ga...As far as the needle length, there's no need to "rush order" shorter pins...Do exactly what you said, insert 2/3 of the needle if you're not hitting glutes......
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ..I use 23ga or 25ga...As far as the needle length, there's no need to "rush order" shorter pins...Do exactly what you said, insert 2/3 of the needle if you're not hitting glutes......
    Thats wrong brother, there is no way you can keep the needle 2/3rd of the way when injecting, it will move in and out causing bruisng and worse yet, may go into a vein while injecting, horrible advice IMO.

..BS....I've been doing it with no problems whatsoever...If you properly brace during aspiration, it's a piece of cake....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Thats wrong brother, there is no way you can keep the needle 2/3rd of the way when injecting, it will move in and out causing bruisng and worse yet, may go into a vein while injecting, horrible advice IMO.
    I was about to type the same thing. Get shorter pins if you don't want to go as deep... otherwise you could easily move it around and possibly thread a vein while administering the shot...

...I respect your opinion warrior but disagree....

but since she has 2 votes against my post, I'll let it lay..

AG

RAM2500 is offline Member
    Im sticking with almostgone, its not that hard to keep it steady 2/3 in, been doing that for along time. 2 to 2

...I respect your opinion warrior but disagree....
    BTW - I didn't mean to quote and agree that you are "wrong" so to speak. I have done this many times without error as well... but I would advise to not do it and get shorter pins for the reason above... the pin will sit still better when properly seated on the skin... and not being suspended by a hand trying to simultaneously push in the plunger...

....However, I may have been overly optimistic if she's inexperienced with injections. I was responsible for giving sub-q and IM injections to my mother for 4 years..She suffered from renal failure, so I may have developed a touch for this....

AG

If you guys do it, then thats good for you, I applaude you but that desn't make it right. It is a bad advice, you should never do it and you should never tell anyone else to do it. I did it myself before, but I wouldn't tell anyone else to do it because I know its wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    BTW - I didn't mean to quote and agree that you are "wrong" so to speak. I have done this many times without error as well... but I would advise to not do it and get shorter pins for the reason above... the pin will sit still better when properly seated on the skin... and not being suspended by a hand trying to simultaneously push in the plunger...
    ..LOL..no, in retrospect, I agree that your info would be more appropiate for someone new to injections....I gained alot of experience giving my mother injections, and sometimes I take for granted that everyone can do this....

..LOL..no, in retrospect, I agree that your info would be more appropiate for someone new to injections....I gained alot of experience giving my mother injections, and sometimes I take for granted that everyone can do this....
    Its all good... its easy to forget how difficult this can be for someone new... and the sweats and the shakes could deffinitly make someone with a little less experience more handicaped to this. Pins are too cheap to make it difficult or potentially unsafe...

Thanks for the replies. I've actually had a ton of experience with injections, both with flu vaccinations (giving them) and giving them to my ex, who also bodybuilds. I've never given one to myself, but I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. Sounds like maybe I should give my first two in the glutes until I can get those 1"-ers ordered? Thanks!

Oh yeah...one more thing: Would it really be such a bad idea to use a 1.5" in the delts? Giving flu shots, I've used up to a 2" in some men, and in elderly patients, sometimes the 5/8" is too long (they don't have much muscle) and it hits the bone...feels gross to the person giving the shot, but it doesn't hurt them....same thing with this?

goose is offline Banned
    For a female it`s not advised to use 1.5 in the delts,as for your Primo all you need is two shots per week,so the glutes will be perfect.

goose4..

usamm is offline Banned
    Bad advice indeed. Get some 1" for delts, etc. 1.5" for the glutes. People that say they use 1" for everything are probably injecting the gear into their assfat on glute shots, that is unless they have flat asses.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    i see people saying get 1.5 but 1 inch works fine for my glutes and i cant go any farther into my delts or pecs than 8/10 of a 1 inch

Smoothb001 is offline Junior Member
    yes, i agree on NOT trying to hold the needle 2/3rds of the way in while injecting, for as cheap as teh 1"ers are don't risk it, sounds like you have injection knowledge so i am suer you are in agerement! good luck!

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne

Wrong?? It's not that hard to do..... The only thing wrong was u calling this " horrible advice"..... IMO

Thread Information