ward065 is offline Member

Time off between cycles to make gains again

basically question is as follows

if i were to follow completely time on + pct = time off, i know i would lose a fair amount of strength and mass gains that i made during my cycle.

My rule after my first cycle was to start again when either a) my bench or squat went down 15lbs, or b) i would take 2 1/2 months off after my last shot. Whichever happened first- i did. In that case it was 10 weeks or 2 1/2 months. My bench and squat did go down about 10lbs, out of 40lbs gained during cycle #1 (so really they went up 30lbs). I did not want to lose more than 33% of what i gained- moving 3 steps forward and one step back, is a pretty good rate of progression in my book. And that is what i want to do each time

So i started cycle again in October 70 days after the last shot from my first cycle and i made really superb gains- BETTER during cycle #1. This time i gained about 50-60lbs to my bench. Right now i am down 5lbs in my bench for the same # of reps, slightly over 5 weeks after last shot now. Since i did my first cycle ever- my bench and squat are each up about 75lbs in 9 months

The question is what is the minimum amount of recovery time/ the time for receptors to clear before starting another cycle. I don't run my cycles longer than 10weeks, maybe 11. Because after that amount of time i just cannot muster any new gains. And, what is the safety of this

The idea i have is to take enough time off for the receptors to clear, readying my body to go on again and make solid gains again and be on my way towards my goals

also......cycle #1 was test-e at 500mg a week and deca at 400mg a week, 30mg dbol per day 1-4. 10 weeks. Cycle #2 was about 11 weeks, 750mg test e/week, 400mg tren e and 250mg deca with 75mg drol per day 1-4

finally in 3 weeks, i am going to get a hormone panel test done to see if things are nominal
    Last edited by ward065; 02-12-2006 at 10:42 AM.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know what is long enough time.. Some people have spoke of 3 months.. I personally dont believe it has anything to do with receptor "clearing" (whatever that is supposed to be) - the time that it takes for u to be receptive to another cycle.. I am interested in knowing it also but to my understanding AAS only increase recceptor expression and the reason why you wont respond to gear lies elsewhere.

ward065 is offline Member
    as ive said, i think this is really important because if this didn't exist, there would be no reason why many people experience slow or no gains (such as myself) at around the 10 week mark. We'd be able to stay on a very long cycle and make continous gains......such is not the case, for me and many others. It seems that instead of a 20 week cycle, do a 10-11 weeker, you will lose some gains after but can really gain more, much more than you lost after taking 10-11 weeks off.

Basically, running 2- 10 week cycles say in a 40 week period is much more productive in my mind than running 1- 20 week cycle in a 40 week period. You will have much better gains overall when you add them all up, even though you will lose some after the first 10 week cycle. This is inevitable and is important i think in making progress (sounds ironic to the point but true)
    Last edited by ward065; 02-12-2006 at 01:10 PM.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    that is true but its not beacuse of receptor saturation.. receptor saturation is a myth ... It comes prolly from the fact that adrenig receptors downregulate but androgen receptors have been shown to do the opposite.. The reason why u stop making gains is a bit unclear.. SHBG has been suggested as cortisol etc.. but I havent found a credible explanation yet.. There was a really good thread here on this matter a while back..

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    There was a really good thread here on this matter a while back..
    Here's the thread..........

How long for receptors to clear?

As SH mentioned,there is a host of reasons as to why gains slow down/cease around a certain time frame in ones cycle.The only conclusion I came to on this topic is,to not run a cycle over 10 weeks.Unless you switch drugs up and continue on with a cutting type phase in your cycle.Those drugs will aid in retaining mass and help cutting body fat,but muscle growth will be minimal at best

~Pinnacle~

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Another ok thread......

Post your Cycle Theory/Hypothesis

Thread Information