puremusc00 is offline Junior Member

Shot in left delt and drawed blood when aspirating...

After I drew blood when aspirating in my left delt, I immediately pulled the needle out. I changed needles and there seemed to be no blood in the barrel. I then tried my right delt *alcohol swabbed the area) and aspirated and no blood and therefore injected in slowly. After I was done there was some blood in the tip of the barrel. IS this OK? My left delt is more sore than my right delt and it has only been 30 minutes post injections.

PLAYA4LIFE is offline Associate Member
    everything is ok, the blood on the tip is probably from you removing the syringe out.

Smedman101 is offline Associate Member
    Your good bro!!!! Now go work out

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member
    Can someone explain how that happens and what that means in terms of the muscle. Or is it because of injection technique?

I referenced siteinjections website but do not fully understand their explanation.

Thanks

hit a blood vessel going in or on the way out and it leaves blood on the tip. Nothing to worry about it happens and there is nothing you can or should do about it. Injection technique will not help for it is not a problem.

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA4LIFE
    hit a blood vessel going in or on the way out and it leaves blood on the tip. Nothing to worry about it happens and there is nothing you can or should do about it. Injection technique will not help for it is not a problem.
    how often does this happen? does injection site affect this scenario? For example chest vs. glute. I would assume where more blood are located you are more likely. Or is it just a rare occurance either way?

Thanks for the insight....

just random...sometimes it happens some times it don't. It is not a big deal and is unrelated to where you inject it can happen anywhere just depends if you go through a vein or not.

Thread Information