G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

Joint pain on cycle

Man my elbows are killing me
    i'm in week 4 of sust/deca /Dbol

i cant curl hardlyany weight without my elbow joints screaming at me to stop

i thought deca was supposed to ease joint pain?
    could it be that is just hasnt kicked in yet?

I have been taking glucosamine
    and also drinking tons of water, takin 10g vitc and loads of EFA's
    i dont see that there is a lot else i can do?

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    msm(methylsulfonylmethan) is very effective for easing up joint aches.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i'm in week 4 of sust/deca /Dbol

i cant curl hardlyany weight without my elbow joints screaming at me to stop

i thought deca was supposed to ease joint pain?
    could it be that is just hasnt kicked in yet?

I have been taking glucosamine
    and also drinking tons of water, takin 10g vitc and loads of EFA's
    i dont see that there is a lot else i can do?
    a few things u might wanna try..... wraps usually help ease joint pain, ice after each workout to reduce swelling, ibuprofen to help the swelling also, you can try MSM, and Chondroitin

Deca should help to lube the joints yes... however with the rapid increase in strength gear gives you most tend to go to heavy to fast and the joints, tendons, ligaments take all the punishment...

velvetlion is offline Banned
    I notice some joint and tendon pain when I am on cycle due to immediate strength gains especially when running a cycle with d bol or anadrol . A lot of people say that decca will help with joint pain, but I haven't used it enough to notice that from it. It should be kicking in right about now, so maybe it will start helping. Glucosomine Chondrointin has worked for me, but you need to take it for some time (4 weeks or so) before you usually start noticing anything.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    there are also a few topical creams u can try..... Glucosacream is one thats suppose to give temporary relief of joint pain and swelling. although it didnt work for me..

good luck bro-- other than the pain of Forearm splints, aching joints are the worst

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    I got extreme joint pains when I started an AI (liquidex) at the beginning of my cycle. I discontinued use and within a week everything got better, so you might want to look at possibly having too low of estrogen levels if you're using an AI.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i'm in week 4 of sust/deca/Dbol
    How much protein are you eating a day G?

Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    I got extreme joint pains when I started an AI (liquidex) at the beginning of my cycle. I discontinued use and within a week everything got better, so you might want to look at possibly having too low of estrogen levels if you're using an AI.
    Nice to see that worked out for you buddy!!!!

If I know I'm gonna be hurting before I lift I will take 600mg of Naproxen. Thats 3 "Aleve" pills before I go in. Try 400 (2 pills) to start out if you want. Do you guys have that over the counter in England?

Spyder is offline Member
    I've tried all kinds of creams, nothing works mate, all you can do is change your training routine, do less sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    I've tried all kinds of creams, nothing works mate, all you can do is change your training routine, do less sets.

That will be the day I do less sets due to a pain. Can always work around it, especially when it's something like this.........

Creams and pills are a last resort. Taknig a step back and looking at the overall picture is a first before any bandaid is applied, perfect example of that was Edmans situation.

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    That will be the day I do less sets due to a pain. Can always work around it, especially when it's something like this.........

Creams and pills are a last resort. Taknig a step back and looking at the overall picture is a first before any bandaid is applied, perfect example of that was Edmans situation.
    Well i didn't actually lower my sets, i just changed my routine around until it went away, lowering sets is a last resort. Doing something about is a smart idea, i would not keep on going against such strong pain, you never know what kind of long term damage you could be doing.

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    How much protein are you eating a day G?

Nice to see that worked out for you buddy!!!!
    Yea, I can finally train normally! I've been meaning to post back about it but life's been really busy lately.

And you're right, the best thing to do is step away and reassess the entire situation. The last thing I'd ever want to do would be to sacrifice my workouts.

Are you taking any AI's or anti E's?
    The water retention from the conversion to estrogen is what cushions the joints, which in turn makes them feel better. So if your taking stuff to keep the bloat off then your not getting the benefits of lubed joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    i just changed my routine around until it went away
    Glad to hear you found a natural cure. Work out routines should always be varied anyways regardless of pain or not. I know what you're saying though, I always have to warm up my tris big time before hittng some heavy skull crushers. Some will turn to creams or pills when a simple warm up is effective............

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Are you taking any AI's or anti E's?
    ts.
    I would think that he would have mentioned it but it's a good question.

BUMP for G........

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Those neoprene(sp?) wraps do wonders for my knees and elbows.

Thread Information