EdMan2 is offline Associate Member

On cycle stories

So how do people around you react to the type of growth you do on your cycles, especially first cycles? And what do you say to them? Just curious about what kind of comments/compliments you all get and when they seem to start.

I'm currently in week 5 of a test cycle and although I've grown, I don't think it's THAT dramatic...but people say different. I hear comments like "what are you on?" or "man you're getting big" already and I don't even think I've really started to really grow yet. I just tell everyone I train hard and eat like a horse.

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    So how do people around you react to the type of growth you do on your cycles, especially first cycles? And what do you say to them? Just curious about what kind of comments/compliments you all get and when they seem to start.

I'm currently in week 5 of a test cycle and although I've grown, I don't think it's THAT dramatic...but people say different. I hear comments like "what are you on?" or "man you're getting big" already and I don't even think I've really started to really grow yet. I just tell everyone I train hard and eat like a horse.

That's the good answer. Diet and exercise. If they give you the "no, really" look, the answer is CREATINE!

remember your looking at yourself all day......and i bet your very critical of yourself like i am.....everyone is like your big....and i am like you have bumped your head.....when i am 275 maybe ill be big....

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loki_is_a_god
    remember your looking at yourself all day......and i bet your very critical of yourself like i am.....everyone is like your big....and i am like you have bumped your head.....when i am 275 maybe ill be big....
    Exactly, we ALL start checking ourselves out in the mirror 20 times a day, so we don't notice the incremental changes. Someone that sees you once a week will see a huge difference!

Just tell 'em you're working your ass off (I mean, you are, aren't you?)

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigJJ
    Exactly, we ALL start checking ourselves out in the mirror 20 times a day, so we don't notice the incremental changes. Someone that sees you once a week will see a huge difference!

Just tell 'em you're working your ass off (I mean, you are, aren't you?)
    I've noticed this. I was growing as I saw the scales increasing but I didnt think it was that noticable. Then I saw people I havent seen for 2-3 months and they were like, "What the hell are you on?!". Of course I said, "Nothing...".

By the way, my first cycle was:

wk 1-6 Tbol 50mg/ED (BD)
    wk 1-14 Test Enan 500mg/wk (Iranian)

Gained 24lbs but lost is all (and more) after getting pneumonia at week 11. Totally ruined it. Will be running No.2 soon though, which is very similar to my first.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    most will not see any significant gains themselves,this is due to the fact you look at yourself everyday!i get told all the time that i am big and do not see it myself!
    i put my training partner on 500mg test e weekly with some dbol to start,he has so far put on 14lbs and looks very thick!he does not see this but i and everybody around him can!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Tell them your on a lot of dem der stasseroids!

"Eating more", "Not gaining much - just losing fat...", "New routine from a quality strength coach", "I know what I am donig and right now I am focusing on adding more muscle", "Cell Tech baby!"

Anyway, the only people that will ask, "what are you on?" are those that love to talk about other people 'cause their own lives are so boring and pathetic... that, or they are too plain lazy to even try walking up stairs let alone begin some hardcore dedicated training routine/diet...

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Tell them your on a lot of dem der stasseroids!

"Eating more", "Not gaining much - just losing fat...", "New routine from a quality strength coach", "I know what I am donig and right now I am focusing on adding more muscle", "Cell Tech baby!"

Anyway, the only people that will ask, "what are you on?" are those that love to talk about other people 'cause their own lives are so boring and pathetic... that, or they are too plain lazy to even try walking up stairs let alone begin some hardcore dedicated training routine/diet...
    I also find most that ask, "what are you on" are often jealous also. They go off and go, "anyone can get big on steroids ".

Idiots and fools!

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    I've noticed this. I was growing as I saw the scales increasing but I didnt think it was that noticable. Then I saw people I havent seen for 2-3 months and they were like, "What the hell are you on?!". Of course I said, "Nothing...".

By the way, my first cycle was:

wk 1-6 Tbol 50mg/ED (BD)
    wk 1-14 Test Enan 500mg/wk (Iranian)

Gained 24lbs but lost is all (and more) after getting pneumonia at week 11. Totally ruined it. Will be running No.2 soon though, which is very similar to my first.
    I'm actually running almost that same cycle. I'm doing

wk 1-6 Tbol 60mg/day BD
    wk 1-12 Test-E 500mg/wk UG Lab

I know what you all mean about looking at yourself everyday and being critical. Ive seen one of my friends maybe twice since I started, once at the start and then again a few days ago and he flipped out. I then told him I eat like a horse, but went further and actually laid the entire thing out from memory. People get so shocked because when you say "I eat a lot" they think a couple of big meals a day...then when they realize you mean 8 meals or more a day, they think you're crazy.

One of the reasons I asked this question was that I got a little pissed. My training partner is a good guy and he gave me a heads up that people are starting to "ask questions." I got a little angry that people would ask HIM and not me. I mean sure I'm not going to tell them anything, but still don't go asking my training partner behind my back as if you're going to get more info and know something about me that I'm not going to want you to know.

Well for people i dont work with and just see at the gym, who are cool with most things and dont have a big mouth and have ran cycles, i will tell them what i'm on, other people creatine, plus im bulking so im eating lots, training two times and day and eating my green vegtables.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigJJ
    That's the good answer. Diet and exercise. If they give you the "no, really" look, the answer is CREATINE!
    haha. that's the best answer.

manc is offline Member
    yeh but we all love the comments really deep down,pisses me off more when you know your lookin thick and can actually see a diff an a guy you aint seen a while says nothin. i have put 25-30 lbs in last 2 years an my dad aint said nothin

Quote Originally Posted by ~fuelforfire~
    Well for people i dont work with and just see at the gym, who are cool with most things and dont have a big mouth and have ran cycles, i will tell them what i'm on, other people creatine, plus im bulking so im eating lots, training two times and day and eating my green vegtables.

hahah i would say this

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't even tell people outside the gym that i work out LOL.
    most believe yah.
    the few that do push it.. do get the creatine answer, and lots of helpful tips from me about proper squat and bench form.

Thread Information