lzicc is offline Senior Member

A question about getting shut down

I read alot that if you are doing let's say deca at 500mg ew, you should make sure that your test dosage is slightly higher since deca shuts you down hard. I never understood that. I mean, once you are shut down, you're shut down. The only thing maybe is that at the end of the deca cycle, it may take longer to get your libido back. Test shuts you down too though, so this never made sense to me.

Right now, I am running tren a at 525 a week shooting ed and this overlapped with a deca cycle that I was finishing up at 500mg ew. My test e dose has been 500 ew and stayed that way. Tren is supposed to shut you down hard to of what I read. My sex drive is still through the roof and I am on week 8 of test/tren.

So whatever you are running at whatever dose, if you are pumping 500mg of test ew, you can be shut down all you want. You are still working off of the synthetic test that you are putting in your system. So if you run we'll say deca at 1000mg ew, you are still running with 500mg of test which will keep things going.

If I am not understanding somethere here, let me know. I just want to make sure I am seeing this correctly.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    rather then give you 1 of 1000 theories out there,ill let someone smarter answer this.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Being shut down just refers to the fact that there is no natty test production. Thats y u use exo test..

It just never made sense to me. I mean, one of the main reasons you run test, other then the great gains that you get from it, is too keep your libido going when you run other stuff that shuts you down, right? So at 500mg ew, that should keep you going no matter how hard you are shut down. Like I said, maybe I am missing something here.

some ppl say that u should run the test higher than say for example tren but others say u can manage with like 200 mg's a week... No personal experience from doing this so I let someone else continue..

Ive heard ppl manage with only maintenance dose of test though... and heard some ppl say the opposite.. and u r right test also shuts u down... shutting down only means (to my understanding) that there is no natty test produced.. u can be shut down but have no problems in libido etc...

45acp is offline Junior Member
    Deca and Fina shut you down, while also (in some cases) desensitise your goob while not adding any test in to keep the libido up. This is a triple threat- you have 3 problems instead of one. Yes, test shuts you down too, but it does not make the penis sad and it also is obviously a test so it keeps your libido cranked up. The fact that you arent producing your own test isnt really why Deca and tren mess up your sex life, its a combination of the three things i mentioned above.

ok here you go.

deca ,tren will shut down the natural production of testosterone ,so unless you want to walk around tired and limp all day you need exogenous test to replace it..at what dose? thers no scientific answer but most like test higher then any other compound they are running.is this right?...who knows.do what works for you....trial and error bro.

oh yeah...test will shut you down too.shut down your natural production that is.so using test replaces it.

So as long as you are running 500mg ew of test, which is like 5 or 6 times more than your body actually produces normally each week, you should be fine then no matter how high of a does you run with say deca or tren .

Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    So as long as you are running 500mg ew of test, which is like 5 or 6 times more than your body actually produces normally each week, you should be fine then no matter how high of a does you run with say deca or tren.
    i would say yes.

I seem to do fine at 500mg test e, ew no matter what else I run at whatever dosage. I was just wondering why anyone would go more than they needed or there was something that maybe I just didn't understand.

I've run about a dozen test e cycles always at 500mg every week and never really needed to up the dose. And some of them were really long cycles. In fact if I try to run like 750mg ew, it is too much for me. It kills my breathing.

Thread Information