Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competitions

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Competitions

Is there anybody out there who has competed in the past...bodybuilding or fitness?

Is there anybody out there who has ever considered competing or is currently thinking about it?

If the answer is yes to either of these two questions please post your answer.

Thanks,
    P

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Competed, lost, competed won, trained others same results, judged & like that better cause there's no dieting!

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    no never, but may if I fel some day that I could do well. I cant thing of many more gratifying thoughts than to be up on stage some day??

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    never have, never want to. as soon as i compete, that's when it stops being fun. i used to LOVE baseball.........

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    not quit sure if i have the genetics to REALLY compete at BB. but i would like to when i get larger.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    You already know the answer but i'll move this along...yes and yes
    What happens here, stays here

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by dane26
    never have, never want to. as soon as i compete, that's when it stops being fun. i used to LOVE baseball.........
    I know this feeling.

That is how mountain biking was for me as well.

I lived it, loved it, breathed it.

Then I started racing....

My first two races, about 1/2 way through, I had two thoughts running through my mind.

Thought #1 was.... If I exhale any harder, my lungs are sure to come flying out my nostrils.

Thought #2 was... Why am I doing this? Biking used to be fun, now it seems to be nothing more than punishment. Why am I out here abusing myself.....?

Then I crossed that magic line and finished the race.

Second race I got to stand on the podium and see the look on my fellow competitor's faces. They were green with envy.

Then it all made perfect sense.

Biking hadn't changed, XBiker had.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I plan to in the next couple years. As soon as I can I guess. I need more size though and I'd like to get down to 8% bf with my next cycle to get a good feel for how much longer things are gonna take before I'm ready.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I compete with myself, on a daily basis. Always trying to find things can be improved, to make myself work harder. I find it helpful, I self critique myself always, and I never find myself slacking that way!

(Except when it comes to studying...can you say PROCRASTINATE?!LOL )

3P

As far as bodybuilding goes, you've got have mountains of muscles to do that right??? Oh...I'm out then! ...But who knows, I'm young, what if it all clicks one day??? If it did, count me in, I'd love to.

Desire & Hard Work, initiates the dream. Then you can make it happen. Anyone can. With or without gear.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Of course

Yes and Yes will be completing again, maybe even agaisnt you Pete..LOL. To guys who are worried about geneics, don't under-estamate, how important, eating right and training hard is. Hard work can make up for lack of genetics sometimes.

I knew I could count on you EC....maybe I'll have to work that much harder so I can make heavywieght

P

EC. i said mentioned genetics, becuz i have naturally narrow shoulders.. arrgggg.. not much i can do about that bone structure.. but anyhoo, im working hard.

Originally posted by big_guy
    i have naturally narrow shoulders.. arrgggg
    Keep at it BG....nice big round capped delts and a lean waist line will give the illusion of broader shoulders.

P

thanks pete. i have fairly good size delts, traps,.. and i definitely got the waist! my bf is at 7%. (30 inch waist)

5'10
    162lbs
    38 inch chest
    25 inch thigh
    14 inch arm
    these measurements are cold btw.
    chest is my Weakest spot.
    thighs/hams are my stong point

the naturally narrow shoulders i have, limits my potenial weight which is what i hate the most.

btw, i will be doing my first cycle in december. hoping to reach 180 pounds with it.
    Last edited by big_guy; 10-20-2001 at 12:18 PM.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    I want to compete of course, it's something I think should be done by everyone interested in the bodybuilding field. I don't know if I'd want to do it regularly but definately got to give it a try. It's just another accomplishment to add to the list.

_SOLID

Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    I want to compete of course, it's something I think should be done by everyone interested in the bodybuilding field.
    I want to compete at least once just to say I did it...then again I was originally palnning on doing only one cycle

P

yeah, I'm sure it's addicting...

actually I would love to compete, I think I have pretty good genetics- I mean I have made really good gains naturally in 5years of trainng off and on and the best have come since I fully dedicated myself to training in the past 2 yrs, and I could only imagine once I start using enhancers..

I think that if I did compete that 1 time I would become addicted...if I came in close to the top, I would have to return again even better, and if I came in really shitty then Id have to come back to kick all their asses! Dude know you got me wanting to compete really bad....thanks.

_SOLID

Re: yeah, I'm sure it's addicting...

Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    Dude know you got me wanting to compete really bad....thanks.
    _SOLID
    Keep your shirt on my friend...I'm hoping we can come up with a way to help each other...just have patience

P

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Pete and solid, you're both right

I think it'd be a great experience getting up there on stage wearing nothin but 2 inches of cloth, all oiled up, so dry that you couldn't suck a drop of water out of your body even with a hoover , and so ripped that you got muscles pokin out of places you didnt even no HAD muscles!

seriously P

flexin at the audience and judges, while there in amazement to the acheivements you've made with your body...

I think AS is the next level w/body building in my life and from there the next level will be competition.

_SOLID

Originally posted by Pete235

I want to compete at least once just to say I did it...then again I was originally palnning on doing only one cycle

P
    it's a slippery slope my friend

1x

1x is never enough. Believe it or not, it's fun being on stage and having crowd get into it. Makes diet and hard work seem worth while.

I'm pretty damn sure that one contest won't be the end for me. Especially if I don't go head to head with you next year EC The only problem is if we end up next to each other you're going to stp giving me advice

P

bigtraps is offline Member
    I went to my first compitition last night. I was a natural show, tested out 7 years. Polygragh and or piss test. Can these be beaten???? Anyways, it was truley awsome!!!! It was one of the coolest things i have ever been to. I can't wait till my first show. Hopefully in one year.

if you know how to beat them, polys are a joke...and it's not difficult to know either

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    primo, i never figured you to be the lying type......

one need not have to lie, if one knows how to play the game (referencing a previous post of mine)

verdeda is offline Junior Member
    I competed naturally last year (ANBC) , it was my first year competing. I really enjoyed being up on stage it was definitely a challenge. I definitely will do it again. The dieting sucked though, being my first show I needed to diet down early. The show was in Sept., so I starting dieting in Late May. That was a very tough summer. But since I`ve jumped from natural to enhanced, it will be a totally different ball game. I am on the look out for info. and theories on competition cycles and dieting. If anybody can help me PM me. Peace.

Jarhed is offline Associate Member
    Competed in the past (last one about 12 years ago, national level), trying to get back into it. Want to compete nationally again. It's my last chance, I'm 36 years old, so I have to make this count. Want to see how far my determination can take me. If it's pro, then cool. If it's only national level amateur, thats cool too. At least I'll be able to say I did.

My personal feeling is that if you are messing around with AS for no specific reason other than to "attract the chicks", you are dangerous and have a high potential to screw your body up. Why would anyone put themselves at this level of legal and medical risk to look good on the beach? Just my opinion.

Originally posted by verdeda
    I competed naturally last year (ANBC) , it was my first year competing. I really enjoyed being up on stage it was definitely a challenge. I definitely will do it again. The dieting sucked though, being my first show I needed to diet down early. The show was in Sept., so I starting dieting in Late May. That was a very tough summer. But since I`ve jumped from natural to enhanced, it will be a totally different ball game. I am on the look out for info. and theories on competition cycles and dieting. If anybody can help me PM me. Peace.
    same here V...it is a whole different ball game now.

just curious what you thought of the ANBC...i have a few friends who compete in it as well...

jarhead- do you know which show you are going to do yet?

Originally posted by primodonna

just curious what you thought of the ANBC...i have a few friends who compete in it as well...
    Do any of you guys know if they (ANBC) have any affiliation with WNSO?

Not really Primo,

It's gonna be a big one though. National Qualifier at very least. Since I have a little experience, I should come into the show as an unknown out of nowhere in perfect shape. That should rock the judges world! I want folks back stage to look at me and say "oh, fuck this. I just lost!"

This is going to take a lot of committment, which my wife has agreed to help me with. I'm hoping that within the next 18 months, I'll have contest pics to post with a first place trophy and my ticket to national level NPC shows.

that is exactly what i want...the moment you take your clothes off, the other people know it's over. i like the way you said it better though...or the judges take one look at you and say "where the hell did SHE come from?" (or he in your case)

JH and Primo...you guys are gettin me jacked!! Primo I think my goal is to get my competition to look at me at the wiegh in and say "What the fuck is that and where did it come from??!!" just like you suggested.

P

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Pete that is hilarious! Yeah, nothing like having folks look at you and wonder if they should be calling animal control or the local zoo to see if a damn gorilla has escaped.

The BIGGER and MORE RIPPED, the BETTER! Make sure your ripped though, cause big soft guys are getting embarrased in the NPC by skinny ripped dudes! It's rather comical to see the look on the fatboy's faces when they get beat! HAHAHA

condition condition condition

You just walk on stage flex once Look at everyone else and say Give me that trophy...which they do!

verdeda is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by primodonna

same here V...it is a whole different ball game now.

jarhead- do you know which show you are going to do yet?

I liked the experience. I competed in the Cape Cod Natural last year in Hyanus (SP?). It was a great show, alot of the people that placed went on to the USA`s. I placed 5th. in the novice. I was surprised being my first show and I placed. I have alot of respect for going natural, but what i had a problem with was blantant obvious of the use of juice in the natural show. Out of respect I will never compete in a natural show again.

Not meant as a Flame

But why in the hell, do you want to complete in "natural" show if you not? I really don't understand the thinking, very few if any are really natural. Shit, there is nothing natural about bodybuilding, think about it, your life revolves around FOOD, FOOD, FOOD, training, sleeping and drugs. There is nothing natural about adding 50-100lbs of muscle to a frame designed to carry 180lbs. Just the same i love the sport, and which the federations to run it, would wake up and educate people in stead of telling them, steroids are bad, your dick will go limp, you will get cancer.. ba ba ba ba..... those type of scare tactics do nothing. Educate the people and let them be informed about what is what.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information