TinTin78 is offline Member

Gains have stopped, what to do?

I am in my 10th week now so 3 weeks left of my 12 week test/deca cycle. I have gained 28lbs so far, but I wanted more quality and most seem like fat and water. I have not gained anymore the last 2 weeks either, maybe 2 lbs or something. Is there anything I have to change or what? I want to see more quality.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    how is your diet mate??

I have a hard time eating, but I eat as much as I can, mostly fullrise and oats, tuna, eggwhites cottagecheese light and alot of low fat stuff. But still I have gained alot around my waist, is that normal? I am half vegetarian, so only tuna for me right now and I was gonna eat some salmon but never did buy it yet. I try to get 6 meals each day and maybe 4-5 protein shakes besides that. A gainer after the training and then eat as fast as I can, but I am always full.

I am kinda confused, is it normal to stop that fast in the 8-9 week?

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Stop the cycle and start PCT, IMO.

Most gains will come in the beginning. And the longer you are on, the longer it will take to recover.

BigChris is offline Junior Member
    What test are you on? Also what are your quantities?

But I guess the deca take longer that's what I was hoping for. I really got a good boost in the 5, 6, 7 weeks gained alot in all exercises. But in my eyes I think most is water and fat and I hoped for more quality.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I think you've come to the end of the road on this occassion. 28lbs is a good increase in mass IMHO, very good. Take some time off, do PCT, get bloodwork done then start another if you want?

Maybe I'm a fast starter then because it really come quick and I can't see it but some guys say I have become huge. Maybe I should just stop, but are there not a risk to miss some muscle maturity at the end?

Bigchris, I'm on test cyp @ 500mg ew and deca 400mg ew, nolva 20mg ed since start.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    well I dont have that much experience but from those runs I had I pretty much couldnt do anything when the gains stopped.. many ppl advised me to eat more, that led to increase in waist and not muscle.. some ppl do say though that the muscle is easier to mantain if u stay on a lil longer... I dunno..

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    Maybe I'm a fast starter then because it really come quick and I can't see it but some guys say I have become huge. Maybe I should just stop, but are there not a risk to miss some muscle maturity at the end?
    Why not finnish with some winstrol and proviron while the longer-acting esters clear out. That would harden/dry you up, and promote some more muscle maturity.

I have proviron , but I will never touch winny again, messed the hair and dried out my joints. I was gonna use the proviron in the pct with clen , and finnish off my last 3-4 weeks with hcg before pct.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Stop the cycle and start PCT, IMO.

Most gains will come in the beginning. And the longer you are on, the longer it will take to recover.
    agreed,

I can't see how your gains would have lost their effect since your test should now be in full swing. You did clearly gain a lot of weight through water retention (Deca ) in the beginning, and like you've said in weeks 5-8 when the test kicked in the fun started.

I recon the best thing to do - as mentioned by the others is to cut the course and to follow up with PROPER PCT...otherwise you will most likely loose a lot.

I can suggest to get on the test prop and some winny (if you can afford it and get hold of it) to keep gains and to get you harder...until say 4 days before you start your PCT.

Good luck.

It feels really sad to stop now, there is 3 good weeks left, but if you think the gains are over maybe they are.

Ok I have just noticed that you don't like winny...if you wish switch to test prop and trenbolone acetate (until shortly before you start PCT) if you can -> you won't be disappointed

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You cant carry on gaining like you respond in the first few weeks, your body gets use to it, people have different times when this happens but your time has come now so best bet is to come off and go into pct and recover and maintain and plan your next course.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris
    Ok I have just noticed that you don't like winny...if you wish switch to test prop and trenbolone acetate (until shortly before you start PCT) if you can -> you won't be disappointed
    This is only to keep gains not to increase it, and to harden you up - unfortunately you are done for now...

D-Money is offline Associate Member
    I would start pct, stop while your ahead, 28 pounds bro! I didn't see any anti e's in there, that would explain all the water retention, (or maybe I just missed it). I notice gains at the end of a cycle when I add Hcg , gets natural test up in running, add nolva at 20-40 mg and your good to go.

i have used 20mg nolva ed from start, I am doing a pyramid of letro now aswell because I got a small lump in the right chest.

I will end this week at least and try to get prop, then do that for 3 weeks then. I need to stop deca first so that's why I need it 3 weeks to get pct right.

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    28 lbs, can't ask much more than that i wonder how much water your holding, could throw some l-dex in.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    28lbs in lik 8 weeks is awesome and sooo obvious u must be gettin called out left and right. I'm gonna have to say end ur cycle save whats left over for next time and jump on pct.. i would much rather recover faster then gain an extra 4lbs or so

I kept the cycle going, don't know how much more quality I have gained but I am up 41lbs now. I have not gotten my prop yet so I will be like 1 week after the last cyp shot. Is it still ok to shoot prop for 2 weeks then start pct, I wanted to try lean out a bit in those 2 weeks and loose some of the puffyness. Then start ordinary pct, would it be ok to start the cutting directly after pct? Doing cutting during pct is a big no no, right?

Iceman69 is offline Associate Member
    Do you mean up 31lbs and not 41? 41 is friggin insane bro.......

I mean 41lbs and yes, it is insane, but you get blind, I want mooore!! So I thought maybe 2 weeks prop can give me some more nice quality and lean out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    I mean 41lbs and yes, it is insane, but you get blind, I want mooore!! So I thought maybe 2 weeks prop can give me some more nice quality and lean out a bit.
    What was your weight before you started this cycle? If your gaining "41lbs" that indicates you were no where near your genetic limit before starting.

Maybe I wasn't, I was slagging with my legtraining before and now on this cycle I hit them really good. I started at 185 and am now around 227, maybe I should have tried more natty, but I have trained for years and years.

Have you got before and after pictures?

Thats the most of a weight increase I've ever seen, in my small AS career...

I got before pics, and I will get after pics, but I feel kinda bulked despite my good diet. I guess I should have done some cardio, just to keep more lean, and I really don't know how much is water or fat. Some say it's all water that wich looks like fat but I don't know.

primetime1 is offline Member
    tin tin.. thats a huge gain bro.. you must be loookin monsterous compared to when you started.. get them pics up so we can take a look. im sure not all of it is fat and water, theres been times ive gain close to 40 lbs and kept 25 of it or so.. those were the beginning days.. so nice. i miss them

ok, I know there is alot of shit on me that I want gone, but I really wanted to gain as much as possible and then cut. I think mostly is my legs because they were so underdeveloped before and there is alot of meat on the legs now. Pants that were baggy before is tight now and scratching my ass, lol. I will take pictures at the end of my cycle. The sick thing is I feel small when I look in the mirror, I can't understand were those 41lbs are. I feel just like when I started, not bigger at all.

primetime1 is offline Member
    thats gotta be a mental thing bro.. i mean we all kinda look at ourselve that way, always pushing it to be bigger, more shredded and stronger but the fact is we make gains and dont notice them as much cuz we see ourselve everday, its when the other pps say it when you can kinda figure its obvious your blowing up!.. 41 lbs.. have you taken measurements? that way you can see the numbers gettin bigger and know the size youve added. wait till the water drops off then youll notice more the solid gains youve made.. and dont forget to keep that diet in check through pct.

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    41 lbs is pretty sick lol. id like to see some before and after pics.. good luck

Thread Information