WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member

Fed up of thigh shots

I always seem to hit a nerve. After 3 attempts tonight I gave up and hit my glute. Glute goes straight in like a hot knife in butter, but my leg left 3 bleeding pricks and I barely pierced the skin. I got that burning feeling that tells you you've hit a nerve each time.

I'm shooting 3ml twice a week. Is there any other sites other than glute that can hold 3ml okay?

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, I havent hit a quad nerve yet. knock on wood.

I've never put 3cc in a delt, 2.5 ccmax.

Glutes are probably your best bet.
    Last edited by MAXIMA5; 03-18-2006 at 08:50 AM.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i used to have a problem doing thigh shot's then i changed how i do them and thay work like a dream every time

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    u can switch between glutes delts thighs & triceps

Quote Originally Posted by hosam4ever

that's what i done on my last cycle ed injections for 20 week's good choice mate

Njectable is offline Member
    Quad shots our the best and easiest IMO. I've never had any problems, at all its so easy and painless. Maybe your trying to shoot in a bad area, go about 3/8 of the way down from your hip so your not quite in the very middle between your hip and knee, stay a little higher then the very middle. Then say the outer side of your leg is 0-degrees and the very top of your leg when your sitting down of course is 90-degrees, now you don't want to shoot on the very top and don't wanna shoot right on the side, atleast i don't so inject at about 45-degrees so your about half way inbetween the top and outer side of your leg. I sometimes even go closer to the side of my leg say at about 30-degrees i try and stay away from injecting into the top of my quad which i think is why alot of people have problems. So go 3/8 of the way down your leg from your hip, and then 30-45-degrees is where you want to shoot in comparison to the outer side and very top of your leg. sorry about all the math but i can't really explain it any better then that.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I shoot in 3 different spots in each quad. Top, middle, and lower. I hit a nerve or vein probably 1 out of every 5 shots, but it's not that bad at all.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I love quad shots, too. never a prob. but you can actually rotate the two glute sites.

delts should be good for 3ml

muscle_20 is offline Member
    only if his delts are as big as yours!for most guys 2ml is max on delts!

Quote Originally Posted by motoxer23
    Quad shots our the best and easiest IMO. I've never had any problems, at all its so easy and painless. Maybe your trying to shoot in a bad area, go about 3/8 of the way down from your hip so your not quite in the very middle between your hip and knee, stay a little higher then the very middle. Then say the outer side of your leg is 0-degrees and the very top of your leg when your sitting down of course is 90-degrees, now you don't want to shoot on the very top and don't wanna shoot right on the side, atleast i don't so inject at about 45-degrees so your about half way inbetween the top and outer side of your leg. I sometimes even go closer to the side of my leg say at about 30-degrees i try and stay away from injecting into the top of my quad which i think is why alot of people have problems. So go 3/8 of the way down your leg from your hip, and then 30-45-degrees is where you want to shoot in comparison to the outer side and very top of your leg. sorry about all the math but i can't really explain it any better then that.
    Exactly where I normally hit.

If you feel 3ml is too much for your delts then put 1.5 in each

Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    delts should be good for 3ml
    Well, they aint as big as yours, but my side delts do hold 3ml with a nice pumped feeling for a few days. However, either the 6ml syringes are stiff and clumsy, or else I'm stiff and clumsy cos I can't do them myself. Am I alone in my inflexibility?!

If I do delts I get a mate to do it for me, but I'd prefer to be self-reliant.

Quote Originally Posted by hosam4ever
    Will tri's be okay for 3ml, or am I risking an abcess? What about front delt?

clipper is offline Associate Member
    I hit my thighs the same place a motoxer23. I hit a nerve if i got to high, and get more pain if I go to low. Right were moto said works great. Just try diff. spots. A inch up or down left or right makes all the diff.

i havent had a problem with shooting in my quads....except the first time...my leg got sore

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to hit nerves and it sucked cause i automatically pulled my syringe out..

but..

now i hold it differently.. i hold the syringe like they hold at spotinjection .com

now when i hit a nerve the needle dont get pulled out. so i can still inject and not lose the needle.

bro the burning sensation could just because nerves are close. Most people when they 'hit' a nerve they pretty much throw the needle out of them. I get the burning sensation just when i peirce the skin. It doesnt necessarily mean u hit a nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatbadass
    bro the burning sensation could just because nerves are close. Most people when they 'hit' a nerve they pretty much throw the needle out of them. I get the burning sensation just when i peirce the skin. It doesnt necessarily mean u hit a nerve.

Yeah, maybe I'm going in too slow/cautiously. Why would it bleed more, though? The last time I perservered and hit my thigh (on my second attempt) it bled quite badly, in my arse it never does.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior

Will tri's be okay for 3ml, or am I risking an abcess? What about front delt?

i wouldent put 3ml in tri's i just stick with 1 ml. I have put 3ml in my delt's before in the side one's and been fine

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    I cant do quads, dont know why? 1ml of EQ250 will have me crippled.
    I can shoot 4ml test350 per glute once a week no problem...

Yeah, maybe I'm going in too slow/cautiously. Why would it bleed more, though? The last time I perservered and hit my thigh (on my second attempt) it bled quite badly, in my arse it never does.
    Sounds like ur not rotating enjoy. This is also give you pain if ur not rotating well and will lead to a sign. amount of blood.
    Rotate more. Hit upper outer butt, lower outer butt, tri's, shoulders, quads,bi's. I use this rotation for test Suspension and it works well for me.
    Wild

I'm only shooting twice/wk so normally only hit the same spot once every two weeks.

I guess I'll just have to split it up into two shots per go and then use the smaller muscles.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you rotate sites, no need to try lower glute. That would be dangerously close to hitting the Mother of all nerves. Rotate like this:
    RIght glute
    Right upper quad
    Left Delt
    Left glute
    Left upper quad
    Right delt
    Right mid-quad
    Left Mid quad

Power Viking is offline Banned
    I`ve gotten that burning sensation a couple of times. So, that`s what that is. I just push on and the burning sensation goes away. I thought hitting a nerve would leave you crying like a little baby on the floor.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I always seem to hit a nerve. After 3 attempts tonight I gave up and hit my glute. Glute goes straight in like a hot knife in butter, but my leg left 3 bleeding pricks and I barely pierced the skin. I got that burning feeling that tells you you've hit a nerve each time.

I'm shooting 3ml twice a week. Is there any other sites other than glute that can hold 3ml okay?
    It only hurts when you pierce the skin... once the needle moves thru the skin into the muscle it quits hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    It only hurts when you pierce the skin... once the needle moves thru the skin into the muscle it quits hurting.
    So I should persevere. What about the blood, then?

Thread Information