100m champ is offline Member

Gear increasing fast twich fibers

is there any gear out there increasing fast twich fibers?

goose is offline Banned
    Gear in general will increase fast twich fibers,but your looking in the wrong area.It`s all to do with the type of training you do.Muscle fiber type appears to play an important role in determining success in some sports. Successful distance runners have a high proportion of slow twitch muscles (percent slow twitch fibers is highly related to maximum oxygen consumption). Sprinters have a predominance of fast twitch muscles. Several studies have shown that a high content of fast twitch fibers is a prerequisite for success in progressive resistance training. This is understandable, as the fast twitch fibers experience selective hypertrophy as a result of high resistance, low repetition exercise.

goose..

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    I have to agree with the above post. Your best way of increasing that type of fiber is a more explosive training. I have read this many times before but I do not have any links or books that I can think of right now. I'm pretty sure it would be some sort of plyometric taining that athletes usually use.

Thread Information