Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Prime explained before cycling..

beerdogg is offline Associate Member
    Great read.......BUMP

nails4me2 is offline Junior Member
    great post...never heard of this before but def makes perfect sense..thanks for the great info marcus!

Tarheel is offline Associate Member
    Wow, amazing info once again by Marcus...This all makes total sense and I cant believe I havent heard of it before...Cant wait to try it b4 my next cycle. Thanks again bro..

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jbstone71 View Post
    Wow, amazing info once again by Marcus...This all makes total sense and I cant believe I havent heard of it before...Cant wait to try it b4 my next cycle. Thanks again bro..
    Lets us know how you get on

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bump

Kdub is offline Associate Member
    Marcus, it sounds like you have been overwhelmed with Prime/Burst Cycle Pm's and couldn't take it any longer!

Prime for 6-8 weeks then hit the AAS + goodies... what I am hearing is that it doesn't matter too much what kind of cycle you do. Could be a Test/NPP/Dbol cycle or a Prop/Primo/Anavar - doesn't really matter too much because for the first time in your life your body is all set to fully use the AAS to grow as the environment is correct.

From what I learned via your other burst cycle thread, testosterone can be the only compound a guy uses for 4 weeks. No need for other compounds except GH.

Thanks for the informative thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdub View Post
    Marcus, it sounds like you have been overwhelmed with Prime/Burst Cycle Pm's and couldn't take it any longer!

Prime for 6-8 weeks then hit the AAS + goodies... what I am hearing is that it doesn't matter too much what kind of cycle you do. Could be a Test/NPP/Dbol cycle or a Prop/Primo/Anavar - doesn't really matter too much because for the first time in your life your body is all set to fully use the AAS to grow as the environment is correct.

From what I learned via your other burst cycle thread, testosterone can be the only compound a guy uses for 4 weeks. No need for other compounds except GH.

Thanks for the informative thread.
    Sorry if i havent responded to your pm, i do get alot each day.

I am without any doubt that priming before any kind of cycle especially a short burst one is one of the most productive and beneficial thing you can do for muscle tissue grow, it completely transformed my whole body. Ive worked with many guys who I have implemented this method with and they have never looked back and continue to this day also many Pro's use this system to spring board themselves into further growth.

You cant just use any compound, you need to look back over your cycle history and use compounds what you have responded with in the past, the dosage is also calculated from your previous cycle history, if your implementing a short burst cycle the dose is greater than you would normally use, the dose will depend on what stage your at so I cant just state what the dose is used, because of the short period your on cycle the sides are low or can be controlled and recovery is good.

Thanks Marcus. I know and we all know you are a busy guy.

I am acquiring Paul's books and sometime in July/August I will try my first short burst cycle. I will prime as you have stated for 6-8 weeks and then hit it hard.

I will also be using GH for the first time in the next month. When I prime and burst it will be with GH + AAS. I will seek your insights as I get closer to July/August.

Thanks for all the great info.

One more thing regarding the prime, burst cycle and weak points... if I combine AAS + GH to round out my physique (my goals are not to build a 300 lbs Olympia body) will my weak points come up quickly due to the hyperlasia associated with AAS + GH?

Upper pecs have always been flat or hollow and am wondering if they will get filled in rather quickly.

Thanks again.

p.s. One quick note; I am 19 days into a 600 mg Prop, 500 mg NPP, 40 mg Dbol cycle. Arimidex E3-4D and am up 20 lbs (212 lbs to 232 lbs). Quite happy with the results and this is on a low carb diet compared to most. Am looking forward to burst AAS + GH and prime cycle!
    Last edited by Kdub; 02-10-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdub View Post
    Thanks Marcus. I know and we all know you are a busy guy.

I am acquiring Paul's books and sometime in July/August I will try my first short burst cycle. I will prime as you have stated for 6-8 weeks and then hit it hard.

I will also be using GH for the first time in the next month. When I prime and burst it will be with GH + AAS. I will seek your insights as I get closer to July/August.

Thanks for all the great info.

One more thing regarding the prime, burst cycle and weak points... if I combine AAS + GH to round out my physique (my goals are not to build a 300 lbs Olympia body) will my weak points come up quickly due to the hyperlasia associated with AAS + GH?

Upper pecs have always been flat or hollow and am wondering if they will get filled in rather quickly.

Thanks again.

p.s. One quick note; I am 19 days into a 600 mg Prop, 500 mg NPP, 40 mg Dbol cycle. Arimidex E3-4D and am up 20 lbs (212 lbs to 232 lbs). Quite happy with the results and this is on a low carb diet compared to most. Am looking forward to burst AAS + GH and prime cycle!
    Start the GH a few months before the SBC at a low dose of around 4ius and throughout the prime, then when you hit the calories and SBC increase the GH dose along side your compounds and you will experience great gains, when you incorporate GH within these types of cycling the transofrmation is excellent.

Paul was very head of his game, when he showed me how to prime and use burst cycles i never looked back, i just wished i found out about them alot sooner, his books are available over the net.

One thing, make sure you prime slowly there is no need to restrict your calories to were you may lose muscle tissue, you need to cycle the carbs slowly and adjust daily to your needs, if you do this correctly your body will be in a very anabolic envirnoment for muscle tissue to grow straight from the start of the cycle, the growth window will be open and if you flood it with anabolics + GH + food you will spring board into new growth.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Since we are on the subject, Marcus....

After priming, you like to increase cals and re-introduce carbs as soon as the cycle starts, correct? Opposed to slowly increasing cals throughout the cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Since we are on the subject, Marcus....

After priming, you like to increase cals and re-introduce carbs as soon as the cycle starts, correct? Opposed to slowly increasing cals throughout the cycle?
    Good question, many guys who increase the calories right up to peak once the cycle starts do retain some water due to the increase in carbs, but many of these guys are running a comp diet before the cycle and are in a far restricted environment than when your would have primed correctly by using a slower method of restriction.

Knowing how you respond previously when you have been on a prime or comp diet will help you decide which method suits you better, if your one of these guys who retains water easily from when you come out of one of these diets then you need to slowly increase the calories over about 14days then hit it but if your not then hit it straight away. This is were you need some background to design this from and I will state again if you slowly prime over a long period of wks and you incorporate a high carb day within the prime you can achieve this state easily.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    why is this not just sticked at the top

Alot of the times nobody reads the stickies, lets try and keep it bumped

for sure

eca is my friend.

bump

i thought the rockys would be a little more rocky then this.

cwes48 is offline New Member
    Thanks Alot great post as always

over812 is offline Junior Member
    Great thread! Thanks Marcus!

S-IRON-M is offline New Member
    Great post

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    very good read. i have primed w diet and iv primed w dnp before and it makes a huge diff

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    first time ive read this thread.
    Great info

I will be dedicating 2 months b4 my cycle to priming

americanoak is offline Member
    I have been on the 3 low 1 high diet actually (before i read this) and was wondering, If im on this diet does that mean that I am in a good state for building muscle? Or it is only when I increase my calories again?

I have noticed that my strength has gone down, but my pumps are incredable

Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    I have been on the 3 low 1 high diet actually (before i read this) and was wondering, If im on this diet does that mean that I am in a good state for building muscle? Or it is only when I increase my calories again?

Priming before a cycle can be one of the most beneficial things you can do regarding muscle tissue growth

Marcus,

Is it recommended during the prime to use a fat burner like Clen and keep cardio high to deplete the body?

Then the rebound affect with high doses of AAS, food and then drop the cardio and Clen to assist the body to add tissue?

I have noticed rapid tissue gains on cycle when I didn't eat well one day or a weekend while a short trip was taken (protein was low - 50% or 30% of normal consumption) followed by a return to my normal schedule - even adding more protein than usual.

Any correlation between the two?

Forbidden16 is offline Junior Member
    I've been cutting slowly for the last 6 weeks and will be for 6 weeks more to come... so I've been slowly reducing carbs since I'm maintaining the protein grams static and the fat was already low. This would mean I'd be extra primed to bulk again? *natural*

Last year I cut and I saw my best gains the first month or two I jumped to bulking right after finishing the cut. I guess this was the reason. I should expect then the best lean gains if I go over maintenance then right after the cut this time as well?

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post

holy crap is that you in your avi???

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    It's funny I am reading this for the first time, and this is exactly what I did before my first cycle without realizing it. I was cutting big time so my cals were low, then i started a test e cycle and really upped my calories and gained 22lbs on cycle

Solomon is offline Junior Member
    bump

bigracso is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr View Post
    bump for Marcus...

Question:

When you state dip 40% below maintenance, are you suggesting 40% below what your normal carb intake would be or 40% below your maintenance caloric intake?

ex. 1 - Say I eat 250g Prot/500carbs/50g fat per day.
    Would I drop the carbs to 200g/day and compensate the calories with Prot/fats for my low carb days?
    If so what would you suggest caloric intake be? How far over or under maintenance on low carb days, and high carb days?

or

ex. 2 - I would dip my maintenance calories 40%below normal (I believe you're speaking of the first example).
    My maintenance is say 3200/day, on low carb I'd drop calories to approx 1800/day, high carb approx 3600/day?

Thanks.
    Marcus300, but you don't reply at this or I didn't understand the reply.

So do the calories total must to be same in all 4 days ( 1 day high cho, 3 days low cho)?

that is, in high cho (1 day) the calories are equal in low cho (3 days), the only different is the macro nutriment ... so in low cho you rise the "fat" and prot!

or is the prime the low-calorie in low cho days (because remove the 40% of cho to your diet)?

thanks

bigracso is offline Junior Member
    nothing advice?

Quote Originally Posted by bigracso View Post
    Marcus300, but you don't reply at this or I didn't understand the reply.

So do the calories total must to be same in all 4 days ( 1 day high cho, 3 days low cho)?

that is, in high cho (1 day) the calories are equal in low cho (3 days), the only different is the macro nutriment ... so in low cho you rise the "fat" and prot!

or is the prime the low-calorie in low cho days (because remove the 40% of cho to your diet)?

thanks
    You will have to adjust daily to your bodies requirements, when I've been doing a long prime i will increase my pro & fats to suit the decrease in carbs, this for me makes the prime longer and can be taken over a longer period. When I am wanting to drop some extra bf I will leave the calories the same but if I become to flat and feel like muscle tissue is being wasted I will adjust the pro and fats accordingly to how i feel and look that day.

CleanCut is offline Junior Member
    Great info Marcus! Thanks

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    extremely insightful! reading this beforehand would have saved me a ton of typing Thank you!

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    After reading this I am becoming so pumped to start my second cycle and apply these methods to hopefully grow like a weed.

Marcus thank you, your the man

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    Bump

DKZ
    DKZ is offline New Member
    Just a quick question Marcus...I have been on a low carb/high protein diet for roughly a month now priming for my next cycle, how long before the start of my cycle should I start upping the carbs in my diet?

P.S. Love your work

Quote Originally Posted by DKZ View Post
    Just a quick question Marcus...I have been on a low carb/high protein diet for roughly a month now priming for my next cycle, how long before the start of my cycle should I start upping the carbs in my diet?

P.S. Love your work
    The prime is worked of a maintenance diet, its run for 6-8 wks before start the cycle, its a very slow carb cycling method what will open a growth window, you need to prime off a maintenance diet what as been estabolished for a few weeks.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Good idea Marcus, one question, say on my next cycle I use sustanon and it takes 4 weeks to kick in, do you think it would be better if I primed until I got 4 weeks into my cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkn View Post
    Good idea Marcus, one question, say on my next cycle I use sustanon and it takes 4 weeks to kick in, do you think it would be better if I primed until I got 4 weeks into my cycle?
    No, you prime and then start the cycle and the diet needs to be adjusted from day one. Priming will make you start gaining straight from day one of the cycle no matter what Test your using.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information