tbjake34 is offline Senior Member

Calling all dbol only cycles!

Hey anyone who has done a dbol only cycle how did it work out for you? What gains did you get? How much did you keep of it?

HUNTER1 is offline Member
    hopefully not many people can answer this question b/c that is a horrible cycle choice.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Things have moved on alittle from dbol only cycles, i wouldnt recommend one at all, BUT i must confess my first cycle was dbol only many many years ago before i knew what i was doing, the gains were very quick and i kept most of them but i had been training for a few years and i had an excellent base, i just think i was ready to soak up anything.

Things have moved on alot stick with test only for first cycle.

Marcus

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tbjake34
    Hey anyone who has done a dbol only cycle how did it work out for you? What gains did you get? How much did you keep of it?
    Why wouldnt you do test with your dbol ? You are going to shut yourself down and find yourself with a limp dick. Do some test with the dbol, always do test with any cycle.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickster#1
    Why wouldnt you do test with your dbol? You are going to shut yourself down and find yourself with a limp dick. Do some test with the dbol, always do test with any cycle.

Dbol on it`s own will not shut you down.Arnold in his day with his Dbol/primo cycles got more pussy in one week that we get in our whole life`s.....so the limp dick shit is not quite correct.

goose...

suckysucky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Things have moved on alittle from dbol only cycles, i wouldnt recommend one at all, BUT i must confess my first cycle was dbol only many many years ago before i knew what i was doing, the gains were very quick and i kept most of them but i had been training for a few years and i had an excellent base, i just think i was ready to soak up anything.

Marcus
    I think alot of people look at their first cycle and think to themselves "what the hell was i thinking, i didnt have a friggen clue" Thats why this is such a good site because people are learning in a day what it took many to learn in years of experimenting and money.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by suckysucky
    I think alot of people look at their first cycle and think to themselves "what the hell was i thinking, i didnt have a friggen clue" Thats why this is such a good site because people are learning in a day what it took many to learn in years of experimenting and money.
    agreed

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    i did it once with no sides but i cant remember how much i gained

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Dbol on it`s own will not shut you down.Arnold in his day with his Dbol/primo cycles got more pussy in one week that we get in our whole life`s.....so the limp dick shit is not quite correct.

goose...
    It will inhibit natural testosterone production and ultimately lead to HPTA shutdown with prolonged use IMO. Not all androgens cause total HPTA shutdown, but, as far as I'm aware, Dbol isnt one of them.

I know this I am on a test only cycle 500mg/wk right now it is my first. But I am just wondering because people have told me that dbol only cycles are just as good as test cycles.

You can track my progress

My Test only cycle

But I was thinking about doing one for football season just like 3 or 4 weeks of dbol only for strength puposes but the extra size would help to. Do you think this would be good?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

Marcus
    Same for me. Was one of my first "cycles". I did get good gains and kept them, but again as you I had a good training base from years of lifting.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Where is "karln"? I know he advocates Dbol only "cycles".

cutting_king is offline Associate Member
    i remember my 1st cycle - d-bol only. i mainly remember being a human water balloon for a number of weeks. an incredibly strong and aggressive water balloon but still didn't enjoy it. your in a much better position because you have the knowledge on this board with people that can help you make a better decision

ok but do u think it would be a good idea for football. And does it slow you down at all from all the water?

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Did one back in 1980 when it was made in USA. Only took a couple a day
    instantly gained 15 to 20 lbs of muscle. Lost about 30% Tapered off. At the end I was doing one every other day. Never felt any negative anything.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    well for starters, you're 18, what are you doing taking gear?! you'll be stunting your growth and inhibiting your own testosterone levels , potentially for the rest of your life. this stuff isn't creatine. it's not something i'd advise to just play around with to put on a few extra pounds for hs football.

if you're serious about it, then do a serious cycle. people combine anabolics and androgenics because when combined they equal more than the sum of their parts because they compliment each other. to do just one you'll be getting less for your money. why do that to yourself?

also, if you're thinking of just doing a couple cycles to put on some extra size and that's it, you're thinking wrong. the majority of people after coming off gear will revert back to their original size/weight/etc in about 8-12months tops. though there are some exceptions, for the majority of the population, if you want size and want to keep the size, you have to keep up with the stuff.

also, have you done any research about pct yet and the potentials of not using it? you've come to this site to do research, which is a step in the right direction, but i just hope you do more research and seriously reconsider doing a dbol only cycle for your own sake.

I know what im doing and yes I am doing clomid for pct. I am 5'9" So im not worried about height and im 195 and 9% bf right now and i just started my cycle.
    Last edited by tbjake34; 03-23-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Big Bapper is offline Member
    Dbol was my first cycle, 3 tabs a day for 8 weeks along with 3 tabs of clen . Put on 28lb. Did not have a clue about nutrition. Just ate everything as I was told to do by the guy I got them from. Could not belive the strengh gains after 3 weeks. I think even after 11 years of cycling Dbol is a exelent first cycle.

ok thanks guys

Luvinit is offline Junior Member
    If your going to do Dbol only keep it moderate say no more then 30mg and take something for the water retention and have some Nolvadex for PCT and I think you will be surprised. If you keep the water retention low you wont blow up but you will have great strenght gains and you'll keep some good size. Also don't go over 6 weeks and as low as 4.

I was going to do 40mg/day for 4 or 5 weeks that sound good with some nolva for pct and will this shut me down or do i need clomid?

mr. snakes is offline Associate Member

I have. Gained about 12-14lbs. Kept about 5-6lbs if i remember correctly. Nothing wrong with a oral only cycle, alot of beginners do it. Just like i did..

look, it doesn't matter who rants and raves about how great a dbol cycle was for them, you're just not getting nearly what you could out of your dbol if you're on it alone. why spend the $ on dbol alone when you can spend a little extra cash on one more thing to add to it and get over double the gains?!

unlike someone in this thread posted, you cannot expect to gain 28lbs. off of this stuff on it's own, at least not of lean muscle mass. much of what he gained was probably water weight and i'm sure some of it was bodyfat as well. i'm just trying to help you realize why many of us think it's a bad call. we have nothing to gain here other than helping you, so why not take our advice?

many people have told you on here not to do the dbol alone, mostly the senior members in here and very knowledgeable people. the select few that are encouraging you are, no offense to anyone, but mostly newbs, or say they did it near the beginning when they didn't know much about gear. i know i'm a newb myself, but at least i know how to listen to the advice given in these posts. 85% of the posts in this thread are telling you to not just do dbol, but you seem to be listening to the *possibly* two members or so that gave you the ok. don't just read what you want to, take a look at the peoples profiles of who's posting what and see who's advice you'd rather take. so far, you only seemed to have listened to those who encouraged your idea.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Dbol only=bloat gains and strength increase while on, but nada as far as retainable gains go. JMHO.

A highly UNRECOMMENDED cycle.
    Last edited by shrpskn; 03-24-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    look, it doesn't matter who rants and raves about how great a dbol cycle was for them, you're just not getting nearly what you could out of your dbol if you're on it alone. why spend the $ on dbol alone when you can spend a little extra cash on one more thing to add to it and get over double the gains?!

unlike someone in this thread posted, you cannot expect to gain 28lbs. off of this stuff on it's own, at least not of lean muscle mass. much of what he gained was probably water weight and i'm sure some of it was bodyfat as well. i'm just trying to help you realize why many of us think it's a bad call. we have nothing to gain here other than helping you, so why not take our advice?

many people have told you on here not to do the dbol alone, mostly the senior members in here and very knowledgeable people. the select few that are encouraging you are, no offense to anyone, but mostly newbs, or say they did it near the beginning when they didn't know much about gear. i know i'm a newb myself, but at least i know how to listen to the advice given in these posts. 85% of the posts in this thread are telling you to not just do dbol, but you seem to be listening to the *possibly* two members or so that gave you the ok. don't just read what you want to, take a look at the peoples profiles of who's posting what and see who's advice you'd rather take. so far, you only seemed to have listened to those who encouraged your idea.

once again i have to tell u that i am running a test cycle right now and I do take a lot of the advice on this site. This dbol cycle was just a thought to get ready for football season this year.

KrazeMofo is offline New Member
    if a dbol only cycle were to be used, what type of pct should be taken into consideration.??

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    You can do it, but why waste your time when you can get far better gains when adding test into the equation.

STB
    STB is offline Junior Member
    My 1st ws a Dbol only, and of course in retrospect I should have done test, but I was not comitted to sticking myself in the ass just yet. I did gain 16 pounds in 54 days, and 10 lbs were kept, all while cycleing between 15-25mg per day. (I am one of the lucky ones that low dosages work well for.)

I got zits and insomnia (and of course vicious back pumps) but it was not a wasted cycle. I would not do it again though.

Bluesman

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suckysucky

Yeah my first cycle was wack...

HA.. Some Vet test with no Anti E's or PCT... WTF was I ever thinkin???
    I lost some size but kept almost all of my strength

Stocky has a great quote:
    Someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

Milky87 is offline Member
    Its a good quote, but it doesnt really count to this because each person responds differently. The same goes for psychedelic drugs: if a person were to have a bad 'trip', does this mean that everyone else shouldnt take them because it would happen to them?

JMan06 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    Its a good quote, but it doesnt really count to this because each person responds differently. The same goes for psychedelic drugs: if a person were to have a bad 'trip', does this mean that everyone else shouldnt take them because it would happen to them?
    Im scared to do acid, mushrooms and such yet Im on the sauce I dont touch recreational drugs anyways, it affects the gym time

once again i have to tell u that i am running a test cycle right now and I do take a lot of the advice on this site. This dbol cycle was just a thought to get ready for football season this year.
    the reason i made the comments i did is because the only posts you've responded to so far were the ones that didn't tell you to not do the dbol only cycle. all the posts that have said not to just take dbol you haven't made any comments about except mine, and those were only to justify yourself. in addition, most of the time that you add any comments to this thread, it's more questions about a dbol only cycle, making it more obvious you're listening to the minority here.

we can go back and forth about what you know and have done and how i feel about it, but what it comes down to is the majority of the posts in here are telling you not to do dbol only, and the reasons are all there with them. if you take the advice, great. if not, then your mind was already made up before even posting this thread.

also, you keep mentioning you're on test now. what does that have to do with anything? you're not planning on taking test with the dbol from your thread, so why keep bringing that up? if you've already done/are doing test, just do it again with the dbol, simple as that. get some cheap test like cyp or enan. that's all you need man.

the fact you're doing test now makes it even more important to not do a dbol only cycle later. notice the people who said they did get good gains off dbol alone said it was during their *first* cycle. since this is not your first, you can't expect those results. particularly since you've done test already, dbol will not give you the same effect. you'd probably get very little to nothing off the dbol alone except some extra water-weight and a little size. for the sake of not wasting gear, just add some test to it.

a more important question here is why do you not want to add test to it?

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    Dbol only=bloat gains and strength increase while on, but nada as far as retainable gains go. JMHO.

A highly UNRECOMMENDED cycle.

Agreed x10

Thread Information