Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dd8114 is offline New Member

Injection Problems.

I am taking 100mg/day of oil based winny.I have been injecting (23g 1in.) in the glutes. I inject a different side every day. The site of the injection turned black, blue, and red and there is a bump also. I also noticed that the lymph nodes were swollen on that perticular side. Is this the sign of a bad injection or is it an infection? Do I need to start injecting in the quads and delts as well? You insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Butterfly23GrL is offline Female Member
    how long ago did you inject it and when did the symptoms show up? If it is red around the injection site then it is an infection which could be very serious

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Get it checked out if you think you have an infection. Also rotate you injection sites more man, you are gonna build up an ass load of scar tissue shooting only glutes with ED injections, bad move.

Butterfly23GrL is offline Female Member
    http://www.metrokc.gov/health/apu/harmred/abscesses.htm

What is an abscess?
    An abscess is a pocket of pus. Pus means you have an infection. Pus is made of dead tissue, germs (bacteria), and white blood cells. The white blood cells rally around to kill the germs. Sometimes, abscesses will burst and drain, a way the body has of getting rid of the infection.
    What causes an abscess?
    An abscess can start anywhere in the body where bacteria infect tissue. Drug shooters often get abscesses on their arms or legs -- mostly (but not always) at injection sites. You are more likely to damage tissue and develop an abscess when you "skin pop," "muscle it," or miss your vein. Both the cut and the drug itself can cause infection and damage tissue. You can even get an abscess AFTER you stop injecting.
    Where do the germs come from?
    Germs are invisible without a microscope. They are on most surfaces, including skin, and on any used item such as a rig, cooker, cotton, or tourniquet. Germs are on your skin -- even if you think you're clean. All of these germs can get into your body.
    What signs should I look for?
    A hard, reddish, tender lump. It will usually appear at the injection site, but it can also pop up in other places. The lump might feel warmer than the skin around it. It might even feel hot. It usually hurts. It might look pink and puffy. If it gets bigger, the infection is getting worse. As the infection speads, you might see red streaks spreading out and away from the abscess. The infection might make you feel tired or cause fever or chills. You might have chest pains if the infection goes to your heart or lungs.
    What should I do if I get an abscess? It depends on how bad it is. Here are some guidelines.
    Treat at HOME with a HOT SOAK if:
    • You don't have any red streaks or hot puffy skin around it.
    Go to a CLINIC if:
    • It has not improved after 5 to 7 days.
    • The lump gets bigger or more painful.
    • You see red streaks spreading out from the lump.
    • The lump is hot, puffy, and pink, or if you get a fever.
    Go to the EMERGENCY ROOM if:
    • You have chest pains.
    • You have chills or a high fever.
    • The infection looks like it is spreading really fast.
    About Hot Soaking...
    Soaking helps draw out the infection. It helps the abscess come to a head and drain
    How do I hot soak?
    • Soak the abscess in a tub of plain hot water. This works well if the abscess is on your hand or lower arm.
    • Better yet, soak it in hot water and Epsom Salts.
    • Make sure the water is hot, but not so hot that it burns your skin.
    • Hold a hot, wet wash cloth over the abscess if the abscess is in a spot you can't easily put under water.
    • Soak at least 3 or 4 times a day, 10 to 15 minutes each time.
    If you have a bad infection, you may need to take antibiotics. If your doctor prescribes antibiotics, be sure to finish them ALL -- even if you feel better before they're used up. If you don't take the whole course of antibiotics, or if you don't take them correctly, the germs they are supposed to treat can develop resistance. Resistant bacteria make antibiotics less useful against future infections. If pus is trapped under the skin, a health provider may need to open the wound to drain the pus. Antibiotics alone may not treat trapped pus.

Warnings!!!
    • DO NOT shoot into or near an abscess.
    • DO NOT squeeze or cut into an abscess -- you could push germs into your bloodstream. This could "seed" your heart lining with bacteria that can cause an infection to grow in your heart. This is called endocarditis, and it's a life-threatening condition.
    • People with weak immune systems are more likely to develop abscesses. If you have a weak immune system, you need to be even more careful.

dd8114 is offline New Member
    It has been 2-3 days since the injection. It doesn't hurt, but it is a little tender. I just noticed that my glands were swollen today. Is this too, a sign of an infection? I also read that injecting oil into the muscles is bad and causes cysts. Are these cysts more than likely filled with the winny? Should I message the injection site longer, or is this normal to get these bumps at the injection site? Thanks for everyone's input.

Thread Information