Thread: ALA users

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Arrow ALA users

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...&threadid=1999 go here and scroll down to last post

Iceburg is offline Junior Member
    Maybe I wasn't lookin in the right place on that site and I did a search for Alpha lipoic acid, but the best deal I could find was 120/ 250 mg caps for 23.99. You can get almost twice that amount for the same price at www.anabolical.com

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    shit I must of been tired as hell last night, for some reason I was thinking you were getting double the amount for less price at dps. Yes anabolical still has the best prices, but...one thing we all need to know is that there are diferent isomers of ala one is pure and the other is synthetic. R+ALA is the good, S+ALA is the synthetic. http://www.r-lipoic.com/index_1.htm

SLA has effects in the body which are different than RLA.
    Although SLA is an excellent antioxidant (but RLA is better) none of the other effects of SLA have been shown to be beneficial.
    Since SLA does not naturally occur in the body and consequently the body has not developed mechanisms to deal with it, the effects of non-physiological doses of SLE are more likely to be harmful than are non-physiological doses of RLA which does occur naturally in the body and for which it does have mechanisms to deal with it.
    Therefore, SLA should not be considered as mere filler in the racemic mixture of enantiomers which is widely available on the supplement market, but should be considered potentially harmful until proven otherwise. This not to say that non-physiological doses of RLA may not also be harmful, only that they are less likely to be so. In particularly, RLA is likely to be less harmful and more beneficial than the racemate generally used.

Thread Information