2bshredded is offline Member

Running/Long distance...????

Newbie Here,
    I'm sure this is posted somwhere but can't findany reference. I need to get running along with my stairclimbing and sprints.
    My queston is; if I start my 1st cycle and continue my 25-30 miles week runnning is this going to hurt my gains?

Marty:

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    absof@@@inglutley,you may gain still but it would be to alot lesser degree than cutting it out,depends on your goals i guess,limit cardio if its size your looking for.

I'm looking for size definitely, but I need to cut the 22% bf that I've gained to to injury. I need that endurance for future endeavors, will the AS give me better performance as far as the endurance in distance running? Thanks fopr your help.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    running will just shred muscle...i'd stay away from it if you can, esp long distance running. stick with incine walking or another form of cardio. if you have to run (say military or something), then make sure you get enough carbs/pro b4 and after you run

right on, thanks for the help....think I'll just stick to stairs and sprints.

cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member
    Long distance/duration cardiorespiratory does tend to catabolize muscle (protein) and may turn your lower extremity musculature into more slow twitch dominant. Slow twitch muscle does not have the mass that Fast or even FOG muscle tissue has. This factor can make you think that you have catabolized even more than you actually have. It all depends what your goals are Bro.

How many BB do you see out there running long distance......and you are not an exception. AAS may help you keep more mass while running than not using at all....but your performace in running will suffer. Running at as low a weight as Healthy is the way to go is you want to be fast. Remember VO2 Max is measured PER KG of body weight and although this is generalized somewhat it is NOT SO for long distance runners.

If you want "size" and "cuts" stick with short duration (no more than 30 mins EOD) moderate intensity (no more than 75% MHR) cardio. I would lean more towards 20 mins with a short warmup/cooldown.

If you want to run like a deer for long duration...then skip the AAS and think about EPO (if you must).

Cyc,
    OK, this makes sense. Maybe I should forget about the days of running 10 milers, while I was 215 and 10% body fat that was 4 years ago.
    What if I run intense stairs, do I want to keep my time down as well. I'm talking about bursts (2-3minute) of leg burning, will this build my muscle.
    I guess what I'm after is killing 2 birds with one stone, I got to have endurance and I want muscle. Marty

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    then you have to compromise.. My cardio has improved since started to cycle but it has probably hurt my gains a bit too.. Low intensity for not too long should be ok gainswise.

Alright, I'm seeing the big pic here. Takes me a while!!!

cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bshredded
    Cyc,
    OK, this makes sense. Maybe I should forget about the days of running 10 milers, while I was 215 and 10% body fat that was 4 years ago.
    What if I run intense stairs, do I want to keep my time down as well. I'm talking about bursts (2-3minute) of leg burning, will this build my muscle.
    I guess what I'm after is killing 2 birds with one stone, I got to have endurance and I want muscle. Marty
    For muscle size/strength 2-3 minutes of HI exercise is too long....too aerobic to BUILD mass. It shouldn't catabolize much mass however...but building and catabolizing are two different things and you asked about building with this type of exercise. Personally, if you want endurance, HI exercise for 2-3 minutes will not help much only with speed....for endurance it needs to be lower intensity and longer duration.

Like the gentlemen said before...you have to comprimise if you want both. But keep in mind, comprimising is just that.

I am primarily and Aerob now(in case you did not know). Even so, I do perform strength/balance/core exercises 2 x a week. This actually helps me perform closer to my potential at my sport and reduces the risk of injury. I'll let you in on a little secret.....I used to play college ball at about 270# (I was probably about 15% BF) and now I compete at about 195# (although leaner at around 6-7% BF). Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Yes Sir....I hear you! When I go I go, like lifting...I can' seem to slow down. Maybe I'm just fcking ADD, I go super-sets and just go round and round until I've fryed myself....it was great, I carried myself extremly well.

I guess I just need to force myself to go slow....for me that's tough. I want to get size and thenm run some 10k's in mid/late summer....feels good trucking as a big dude hanging with the small frys'. HAHAHAHAHAH, no offense to any small fry'sout there!
    Marty

Thread Information