mindongoal is offline Junior Member

Angry Propecia(finasteride) hindering gains!!!!

So i spoke to my endo a week ago and i told him i've been taking propceia(yeah im prone to hair loss) for the past 4 months and he said that the propecia will have some effect on me being able to put on lean body mass. He told my how that testosterone is the inactive form and that DHT or Dihydrotestosterone is that active form, that lets you put on LBM. I just got my blood work back and my DHT level was 18 and it should be around 34-something so it low, but the propercia is working. I just started my first cycle of sus 250 at 250mg/ml every week. Will the propceia hinder my gains? Should i stop talking it? thanks fellas

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    i would like to hear what other ppl say but to my understanding DHT is not that important in gaining muscle. It is true that it is more potent than test but to my understanding it applies more in other tissues than muscle (in practice).. while its possible that propdeia can interfere with putting on LBM but im guessing its probably not that big of an effect.. other ppl?

ps.. IMO its wrong to say that test is the inactive form..

thanks for the quick respond.

yeah i thought that was strange too when my endo said that.

cmon .. I know there are ppl here who know sumin about this matter.

vestax is offline Member
    chemically speaking it sounds like it may hinder your gains...if i were to run something for hairloss in a cycle I would keep finasteride on hand for an emergency but run Azleaic Acid topical on my scalp.....good part about taking finasteride on cycle is you may have slower gains but less sides like unwanted body hair growth or prostate troubles

Pinum is offline Associate Member
    I'd like to understand this a little better. Finasteride blocks DHT and hair loss and DHT increases your ability to add mass. I have heard several people recommend propecia but haven't heard too much about how much it would prevent gains. I was planning on adding it this summer, although I've only had some mild thinning during 1 cycle. Wasn't really much hair loss so now I'm not sure about the propecia.

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

propecia

I do not have any scientific proof but personally I notice "less" gains (harder to get cut) while on propecia. Nothing major but it is noticeable, and if I were a competitve bodybuilder I would probably not take propeica during contest prep.

I think you'll find that DHT heavy steriods and steriod accessories (Primobolan , Winstrol , Proviron ) cause hair loss but also get your more cut, so there should be something to the "More DHT, more cuts" idea.

I think that to get your maximum possible cuts, you go further with DHT not being limited. But obviously you get more hair loss, too.

jrose15 is offline New Member
    Is 0.5 mg of Duta ED in place of propecia an alternative that won't hinder gains?

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    i assume it Would hinder some gains, i started dutasteride about 3 months ago to get it in my system before i start up the test this summer for a contest...i used duta alone at .5mg and it slaughtered most of my lifts....

muscularmodel is offline New Member
    DHT is responsible for quite a bit of strength, reason why winny gives strength gains its a derrivative of DHT

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member
    Speaking from personal experience, I've had excellent gains while taking propecia. I've been taking it for about 5 years and I don't think it's hindered gains at all. If you think it's precluding gains then I guess you have to balance the benefit of taking it, retaining hair, with the costs of taking it, decreased gains.

well fellas i appriciate all the input, thanks

mr. snakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mindongoal
    So i spoke to my endo a week ago and i told him i've been taking propceia(yeah im prone to hair loss) for the past 4 months and he said that the propecia will have some effect on me being able to put on lean body mass. He told my how that testosterone is the inactive form and that DHT or Dihydrotestosterone is that active form, that lets you put on LBM. I just got my blood work back and my DHT level was 18 and it should be around 34-something so it low, but the propercia is working. I just started my first cycle of sus 250 at 250mg/ml every week. Will the propceia hinder my gains? Should i stop talking it? thanks fellas
    Make sure to use propecia at night before going to bed that way your workouts won't suffer...............................

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I've been on 1mg propecia ed for over 6 months now. To me I feel it hasn't hindered my gains one bit. That low of a dose shouldn't affect your training or gains.

I was thinking about switching over to dutasteride, but i'm happy with the results propecia is giving me. Most people that use propecia don't use it long enough to see the results it can give so they switch over to something stronger like dutasteride which can put a setback in training and risk libido problems even more.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Well I will let you know, I started my third cycle yesterday amd I am on Proscar which is five times stronger than Propecia. I am taking it for an enlarged Prostate

GreenLantern12 is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't think Propecia would affect it that much I've been on it before.......but I guess the real question is are you willing to loose more hair if you go off it esp. on a cycle? Sure I'm sure you would be able to get most of it back when you go back on Propesia for a reason

smak i know what you mean as far as people not giving it time. I ve been taking it for 4 months now and it works wonders. I never thought about talking it at night... i might have to give it a try. So i guess im going to keep taking it and when the juice kicks, i'll see how i fell. lol

propecia never caused problems while cycling, since I have started avodart the sex drive is nil while using various amount of test 200-400w and I only take the advo eod, I am off cycle now and stopping the advo to see if I return to normal

pmorris is offline Associate Member
    i have done a cycle of test w/o propecia and with it doesnt seem to hinder gains for me. And i have talked to a few diff ppl who have used it while using a test in a cycle and they had nothing bad to say

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by muscularmodel
    propecia never caused problems while cycling, since I have started avodart the sex drive is nil while using various amount of test 200-400w and I only take the advo eod, I am off cycle now and stopping the advo to see if I return to normal
    Are using the Avodart for Prostate issues ?

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    mr snakes
    Make sure to use propecia at night before going to bed that way your workouts won't suffer...............................
    thats a good idea, i usually take mine mid day..and im workin out later in the afternoon, it hasnt affected gains at all for me..just some strength...ill start taking it at night..

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    I have been taking propecia for hair loss for five years, never had a problem with gains. I did also take before bed, the first doc who gave me my script recommended it. I switch to dutasteride last year at .5mg ed, still no problem with gains. Definitley have some sex drive issues with dutasteride when natty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Are using the Avodart for Prostate issues ?

mainly dht sensitive hairloss while on test, definately had to take it ed when on test to stop from loosing hair, I took it eod while natural with hopes of gaining some hair back that I lost from turinabol , suprisingly.

thaisteroids is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mindongoal
    I just started my first cycle of sus 250 at 250mg/ml every week. Will the propceia hinder my gains? Should i stop talking it? thanks fellas
    My best guess is, YES!! you are taking a real low dosage of test, and ew, not eod. 250mg of sust per week is HRT, so anything can stop you from getting gains. mostly as you take to little. minimal I would say is 500mg of sust per week, devided in EOD shots.

Thread Information