LOKITSC is offline Junior Member

How Deep Is Deep Enough

Bear with me. I know I've had a lot of injection questions lately but I just finished my second injection. This time I poked the quad and it wasn't bad at all, painless really. I was very concerned about hitting a nerve but no such bad luck. Anyway, I was using a 1.5 inch needle and didn't go all the way. In fact, I think I only went a little over half way; it might have been short of an inch. I'm not sure. It bled a little and I didn't notice any test coming out of the site. Am I cool?

How deep is deep enough?

Thanks again for all the info. Hopefully, after this cycle I'll be able to contribute more and ask less questions

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    I am not a VET, and I am sure they will chime in here, but I believe it is one inch for the Delts and Quad, and 1.5 inches for the butt.

themilkman_95901 is offline Junior Member
    you choose a needle length based on two things: size of muscle group and amount of sobcutaneous fat you must go through in order to reach a reasonable depth within that muscle. I believe that 1" is deep enough if your in a lean stage and a little deeper if your going through extra fat during the off season.

The general rule of thumb is 1.5"ers for glutes and 1"ers for all spot injections.

That answers needle size, but how about depth?

Do you insert all the way with each, and at what type (if any) of angle?

Thanks.
    Gold

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member
    Goldie,

I've read that you should inject at a 90 degree angle to the muscle. This is what I've done and I've experienced no pain, nor have I hit a nerve (knock on wood).

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKITSC
    Bear with me. I know I've had a lot of injection questions lately but I just finished my second injection. This time I poked the quad and it wasn't bad at all, painless really. I was very concerned about hitting a nerve but no such bad luck. Anyway, I was using a 1.5 inch needle and didn't go all the way. In fact, I think I only went a little over half way; it might have been short of an inch. I'm not sure. It bled a little and I didn't notice any test coming out of the site. Am I cool?

How deep is deep enough?

Thanks again for all the info. Hopefully, after this cycle I'll be able to contribute more and ask less questions
    Enough to rich the muscle...and when pull out the needle press the area with youre cotton ball or what ever the hell you are using to apply alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by LOKITSC
    Goldie,

I've read that you should inject at a 90 degree angle to the muscle. This is what I've done and I've experienced no pain, nor have I hit a nerve (knock on wood).
    So straight in?
    Gold

jobyjoe is offline Associate Member
    While I have never injected, from the research I've done, I read that your not supposed to go all the way in, but leave 10% of the needle exposed so if it breaks off, you can get it out. Thats just what I've read though.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Quote Originally Posted by jobyjoe
    While I have never injected, from the research I've done, I read that your not supposed to go all the way in, but leave 10% of the needle exposed so if it breaks off, you can get it out. Thats just what I've read though.
    This is CORRECT !!!

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    you can bury the 1.5" in the glute, your cool. Just watch out for that nerve.

Thread Information