BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member

How Many Times Have You Guys Hit A Vein???

Hey how many of you guys have hit a vein while injecting, and how bad was it?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Once and I coughed my guts up for 15 mins, not nice

damn, i am not looking forward to the day if it happens

snowfox is offline Associate Member
    I've hit a vein once, but not injected in it...just went straight thru it. Not a big deal, just a little bit of pain and blood. As long as you go thru de vein there won't be a problem

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    can it kill u if u hit a vein?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by needbigguns
    Highly unlikely.

goose is offline Banned
    ALWAYS CHECK FOR BLOOD RETURN! IF YOU GET BLOOD return into the solution, DO NOT INJECT!!! Your needle is IN a vein and you will be injecting into the blood stream which is very dangerous. This is not an IV drug, it is an IM drug. Too many guys never check for blood because they were never told to or they didn't listen. Withdraw the needle IMMEDIATELY.Some guys say to just pull back on the needle a little to pull out of the vein instead of withdrawing the needle completely. That is no guarantee that you have successfully cleared the vessel and because you have pierced the vein to begin with, injecting anyway after pulling back a little is going to squirt the T into that opened vein and put you at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrad330
    damn, i am not looking forward to the day if it happens
    Just make sure you aspirate .

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Just to make sure you understand what people are saying-
    YOU MUST ASPERATE!

This means once you stick the needle in, you hold the syringe with one hand and instead of injecting you pull back slightly on the depressor. There will be tiny air bubbles in the syringe, but when you pull back one of two things happen.

One, the little bubbles within your AAS will expand to larger bubbles. If this happens you are good to go.

But if when you pull back, blood starts to be sucked into your AAS you have hit a vein. You should simply pull it out and inject it somewhere else and try again.

You should always asperate becauase you will hit a vein sometime and it is easy to avoid any problems by simply checking.

Good Luck!

Its happened numerous times to me when the needle barely passes through vein. A small amount oil will enter into the bloodstream and eventually will get circulated into the lungs. There is where your body will try and eliminate the 'foreign' substance by coughing. Its almost an uncontrollable cough but will pass after a few minutes.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    Its happened numerous times to me when the needle barely passes through vein. A small amount oil will enter into the bloodstream and eventually will get circulated into the lungs. There is where your body will try and eliminate the 'foreign' substance by coughing. Its almost an uncontrollable cough but will pass after a few minutes.
    Only happened a couple ot times which is good with the amount of injections ive had.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Not at all

manofsteel69 is offline Junior Member
    that is too damn funny, the only way you could die from puncturing a vein would be if it was a main artery : corotid, femoral, brachial. I am a paramedic bro and to the best of my knowledge there isn't a vein in your ### big enough to make you bleed to death.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    But what if you have asthma? my little bro has it, and though he has a few years till he juices it makes me wonder. Would it be worse in an asthmatic person? Especially if they are already asmatic that day?
    anybody here got asthma?

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel69
    that is too damn funny, the only way you could die from puncturing a vein would be if it was a main artery : corotid, femoral, brachial. I am a paramedic bro and to the best of my knowledge there isn't a vein in your ### big enough to make you bleed to death.
    u wont die of the bleeding =) Im thinking how big the amount has to be to cause a oil embolism n the lungs which can lead to ARDS. Ive searched some and havent found an answer really. It seems lke the amount has to be larger than that of a normal injection... but dont know..

gmfoun is offline New Member
    Ive never seen doctor or nurse aspirate so I figure why should I. I bleed probably one out of every 5 shots and nothing bad has happened. I think most of it is hype....If it is so dangerous then how come nobody on this board knowws anyone who has died or gotten seriously injured from a bad injection. Its mostly hype. BASICALLY I wouldn't worry about it too much but if aspirating makes you feel better go ahead.

trust me its better for u if u aspirate .. If u happen to hit a vein its very unpleasamt to say the least.. it has happened to me... mr gmfoun: it depends on what u inject .. nurses mostly vaccinate u or use other injections that arent in oil which doesnt make hitting the vein an issue the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by gmfoun
    Ive never seen doctor or nurse aspirate so I figure why should I. I bleed probably one out of every 5 shots and nothing bad has happened. I think most of it is hype....If it is so dangerous then how come nobody on this board knowws anyone who has died or gotten seriously injured from a bad injection. Its mostly hype. BASICALLY I wouldn't worry about it too much but if aspirating makes you feel better go ahead.
    You will not die and you won't become injured.....and it certainly isn't 'hype'. IM injections are just that....intramuscular.....not intravascular. AS injections are designed to be slowly absorbed into the body.....but if not aspirating makes you feel better...go ahead.....you'll change your mind next time you inject into a vein.

iron fist is offline New Member
    if you inject in the correct place in your back side you dont even need to with draw, as they are no veins you need to wory about there.
    The problem is when your injecting into the biceps, triceps, delts, pecs, that you realy have to start worrying, firstly because they are full of veins and arteries especially when you have taken a few courses and the veins have trebled since then. I inject into the places ive mentioned and its virtually impossible to with draw with one hand, so just have to inject, with the backside its hassle free but you look no where near as good as you would with site location.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron fist
    if you inject in the correct place in your back side you dont even need to with draw, as they are no veins you need to wory about there.
    The problem is when your injecting into the biceps, triceps, delts, pecs, that you realy have to start worrying, firstly because they are full of veins and arteries especially when you have taken a few courses and the veins have trebled since then. I inject into the places ive mentioned and its virtually impossible to with draw with one hand, so just have to inject, with the backside its hassle free but you look no where near as good as you would with site location.
    Nice post!

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    I just did an injection about 45minutes ago in my right glute. insersted needle aspirated, little bubble injected everything fine. when I pulled the needle out bled like a bitch. This has happened a couple of times before. I assume I passed through a vein but did not inject in it. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by justtrnd40
    when I pulled the needle out bled like a bitch. This has happened a couple of times before. I assume I passed through a vein but did not inject in it.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    But what if you have asthma? my little bro has it, and though he has a few years till he juices it makes me wonder. Would it be worse in an asthmatic person? Especially if they are already asmatic that day?
    anybody here got asthma?
    I have slight asthma, but fortunately I have never struck a vein...knock wood....Does your bro take anything to control his asthma on a daily basis like Advair or an inhaler?

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    i've gone through viens but never had the pin in a vein when I aspirated.

Fletch3138 is offline Associate Member
    Stick and move

sounds good

Dying Wail is offline Associate Member
    How far back should u pull the plunger?

Quote Originally Posted by Dying Wail
    ...far enough to see small air bubbles....not far.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    never

Quote Originally Posted by Dying Wail
    STOP when you see (hopefully) air bubbles or definetly stop when you see blood. usually just one or two sixteenths of an inch. at least for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Once and I coughed my guts up for 15 mins, not nice
    same here, all the sudden i felt like i had a fever too

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    never have here. I always have aspirated.

Quote Originally Posted by gmfoun
    Why give bad advice, even if it is only sligthly bad?

Doctors inject various substances in which case they sometimes do asperate. People on this site have had problems and complained about it. And it is not just hype. When you bleed a little after an injection, that does not mean the tip went into and stopped at a vein. It is very unusual, but when it happens you do not want to inject AAS!

Please feel free to do what ever you want to yourself, but dont direct others to make your mistakes. This board is to meant to teach us.

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des
    Why give bad advice, even if it is only sligthly bad?

Doctors inject various substances in which case they sometimes do asperate. People on this site have had problems and complained about it. And it is not just hype. When you bleed a little after an injection, that does not mean the tip went into and stopped at a vein. It is very unusual, but when it happens you do not want to inject AAS!

Please feel free to do what ever you want to yourself, but dont direct others to make your mistakes. This board is to meant to teach us.
    I agree, better to be safe and asperate than to rely on luck!

dagreek2222 is offline New Member
    Can someone clear this up
    when you aspirate into your glute lets say. You stick the pin in you pull back slighty and if you see airbubbles your good to go. Now i thought injecting airbubbles back in is what you dont want to do thats why you make sure u clear all air bubbles before you inject. Also i have injected before in glutes and when i pulled the pin out its a lil blood as if you pricked your self with with lets say a needle! so does this mean you hit a vein and injected into it? and if your pulling back blood you pull the pin out and then you inject the blood with your test or eq or what not and put it all back in a new location?
    is this correct?

the airbubbles are ok... nothing happens from a lil air.. u dont even have to clear out all air bubbles before u inject.. (I even leave some air so I get all the gear out of the syringe..) ... its normal for some blood to rush out after injection and yes, if u aspirte blod just change the location and inject with a new pin..

Sanecrazy is offline Associate Member
    Once and my whole ass cheek looked like it was bruised from a huge mass of blood under the surface. Ive injected into as absess before, I thought it was all the way gone, but ended up finding the remants of it with the needle. lol

Vitor Ennnergy is offline Junior Member
    so many times
    feels near death experience

Quote Originally Posted by dagreek2222
    Can someone clear this up
    when you aspirate into your glute lets say. You stick the pin in you pull back slighty and if you see airbubbles your good to go. Now i thought injecting airbubbles back in is what you dont want to do thats why you make sure u clear all air bubbles before you inject. Also i have injected before in glutes and when i pulled the pin out its a lil blood as if you pricked your self with with lets say a needle! so does this mean you hit a vein and injected into it? and if your pulling back blood you pull the pin out and then you inject the blood with your test or eq or what not and put it all back in a new location?
    is this correct?

When you inject, there is already a tiny amount of air mixed in the AAS. Sometimes these tiny bubbles are even too small to see. When you then inject and asperate, you are actually expanding the air bubbles to a size which is visible. You are not changing the amount of air, but simply stretching it to make it visible. Then when you inject, those bubbles go back to tiny bubbles. Becuase you cannot suck your own muscle into a syringe, the bubbles in the syringe expand. If you happen to stop the tip of the needle in a vein, where the hole is, then when asperating you can suck blood back. This lets you know the very tip of the needle is directly in a vein. This lets you know you should not inject at that point. Some people simply pull back the needle a little because the tip is no longer directly in a vein. I personally pull the hole needle out and stick it somewhere else. I then asperate again and inject my AAS and blood into the other location.

dagreek2222 is offline New Member
    if your doing only glute injections do you need to aspirate all the time i never did before i think i was fine

Thread Information