Thread: Abscess?

ghoul000 is offline Associate Member
    I shot in my glute last thursday, 2cc`s, been going back and forth between left and right side. Was at last part of the bottle last thursday, week ago from today. And i still have a lump at the injection sight. Its small and painless but its there. Normally the muscle would only get a hard spot for 2-3 days after injection, but last 3 shots its slightly swelled but would go away after the 2-3 days, but this time its been swollen for 7 days now. Reason to worry?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoul000
    I shot in my glute last thursday, 2cc`s, been going back and forth between left and right side. Was at last part of the bottle last thursday, week ago from today. And i still have a lump at the injection sight. Its small and painless but its there. Normally the muscle would only get a hard spot for 2-3 days after injection, but last 3 shots its slightly swelled but would go away after the 2-3 days, but this time its been swollen for 7 days now. Reason to worry?
    I moved your post from that 4 year old thread you bumped.. into this nice new thread

Please check thread dates before posting

Thanks

Narkissos

Prixie is offline Banned
    If you got a High fever, warm and painful to touch go to ER Immediately.

You mention is been one week ,just go to the ER. To be on the safe side! If it's an abcess they would just drain it out and probably give you some antibiotic, then set you free.

If it's small and painless then no it's not a problem.

You've been admittedly rotating between left and right... how close to the previous injection site do you shoot on each subsequent shot in the rotation? The 'safe' area of the gluteus maximus should allow for a 2" (or greater) deviation.. so you should be able to NOT hit the exact same spot each time you shoot that area.

The small lump is probably some encapsulated oil.. It'll take a lil while to dissapate.

I had a small lump that was there for months.. slowly getting smaller til it was gone (at least i THINK it's gone lol.. stopped checking after a while)

As long as it doesn't hurt.. and it isn't red and hot to the touch you're good.

Try spreading your shots over the glute maximus and medius for more options.

Narkissos

My right glute burnt like hell shooting there so i was hitting the left more, so then i started hitting the right. Was few times. Shots were fairly close but spread out over time. No pain, no redness, no fever. I only know its there because i can feel a small lump.

So if its just a spot of oil. That means the shot didn`t get absorbed into the body?

So if its just a spot of oil. That means the shot didn`t get absorbed into the body?
    Not necessarily... the active compound may've been absorbed but the carrier (oil) not.

Sometimes oil gets trapped.

This may be a factor of injection frequency and volume.

Narkissos

southpaw26 is offline Associate Member
    i have had a abscess and you will know it if you have one. i had a high fever felt like total sh*t.my ass was actually hot to the touch and hurt.i agree with Narkissos, it is probally just some oil.it will disapear with time.

OK, thank guys, how often do you have to pin in the same spot to get an abscess?

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Avoid the exact same area to be safe. Abcesses are typically a result of poor sterilization procedures and technique when injecting.

Thread Information