NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy

What is in a sterile abcess?

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I have never had an abscess before.
    Following an injection last week my left quad has been unusually sore and swollen to the point where getting in and of my car is excruciating as I can barely bend the leg.
    It has shown little or no improvement over the last 5 days and my quad has been hard to the touch so this evening I decided to try lancing it.
    I wiped the area with an alcohol swab then inserted a 21g needle into the quad.
    I was half expecting a jet of pus out of the back of the needle but there was nothing until I pulled the needle out and then it bled a bit but nothing too dramatic.
    So my question is - when people talk about a "sterile abcess" what does it contain, i.e. is it filled with blood?
    I do remember that when I did the original injection I hit a nerve so I suppose that could be the cause but I doubt it as I've never had post injection pain as bad as this or for as long as this before.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I had two one in my tri and one (the worse) in my pec, well you know what happened. Try draining it again this time use a syringe and 'suck' out any fluid. When the abscess is sterile it forms but the body deals with it w/o the use of anti-biotics.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I had two one in my tri and one (the worse) in my pec, well you know what happened. Try draining it again this time use a syringe and 'suck' out any fluid. When the abscess is sterile it forms but the body deals with it w/o the use of anti-biotics.
    So does mine sound like an abcess then me ol' mate?

What would the fluid look like if I did have one?

Funny too k.l.g. but the injection that caused mine was prop too (amongst other things!), I have been on my own homebrew prop for months though but this was a new batch - I think I'll refilter it tomorrow just in case but I have injected my tris and bis with it since with no undue pain.

I thought mine was a 'real' abscess but when i drained it the puss/blood mix had no smell and i didn't feel sick at all.

Yeah i think it an abscess but not the kind that you should worry about, was it the NPP? How do you feel?

I thought mine was a 'real' abscess but when i drained it the puss/blood mix had no smell and i didn't feel sick at all.
    Yeah, I'ma try draining it again in a minute when my girlie goes to bed, she knows I juice but I don't need her worrying about why I've got an abscess!

Yeah i think it an abscess but not the kind that you should worry about, was it the NPP? How do you feel?
    NPP is great, strength is up noticeably especially considering that I've been "on" for quite a while now, cycling different compounds on and off. I was pretty antisocial the first few days after it kicked in though!

Refilter with a .22 but you could be having a bad reaction to the prop ester. Good too see the cycle is working well and your girl is cool with your steroid use . Ha! One up on the Americans

Refilter with a .22
    Yup, that's the plan bredren.

but you could be having a bad reaction to the prop ester.
    'taint funny! I love prop!

Good too see the cycle is working well and your girl is cool with your steroid use . Ha! One up on the Americans
    Yeah, she's pretty cool about it but only because I have explained how it is safe when done correctly so I don't want her to worry about why I have an abscess, unfortunately I thought she had gone to bed just now and started to suck it out like you said and she came back downstairs, she wasn't bothered at all though! - I got about 1/2cc of thick murky blood out of it, I'll have another crack at it in a bit when she is actually in bed, I'll tuck her in to make sure this time!

Just 1/2CC?
    Hmmmm are you using a pin the same size as the one you did the first shot with. It took alot of sticking to get the entire puss ball out of my tri.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    if its a sterile abcess will your body naturally get rid of the abscess without having to drain it?

speak is offline Associate Member
    how many days has it been? I get lumps from prop, but they go away. Are you sure you're not over-reacting? My quads ususally take 5-6 days to even bend if I hit them with prop.

Quote Originally Posted by speak
    how many days has it been? I get lumps from prop, but they go away. Are you sure you're not over-reacting? My quads ususally take 5-6 days to even bend if I hit them with prop.
    I've been shooting the prop ed since January so I know how I react to it, this was different.

Yeah, when it happens, you know.

Just 1/2CC?
    Hmmmm are you using a pin the same size as the one you did the first shot with. It took alot of sticking to get the entire puss ball out of my tri.
    I shot with a 23g but have tried 3 times now in different spots with a 21g to drain it, pulling back on the plunger at a range of depths on the way in and the way out, 1/2cc was the most I got out on any of the 3 attempts and although the blood was pretty gloopy it did not seem to have pus in it.
    One way or another though it my leg is alot better today, less pain and a much better range of motion.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I shot with a 23g but have tried 3 times now in different spots with a 21g to drain it, pulling back on the plunger at a range of depths on the way in and the way out, 1/2cc was the most I got out on any of the 3 attempts and although the blood was pretty gloopy it did not seem to have pus in it.
    One way or another though it my leg is alot better today, less pain and a much better range of motion.
    Good to hear. Looks like you got it, once you get the blood/puss out it feels alot better.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Just 1/2CC?
    took about 7 sticks if i recall... *pukes*

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I've been shooting the prop ed since January so I know how I react to it, this was different.
    Since January?

How long is your cycle gonna be?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Since January?

How long is your cycle gonna be?
    I'm coming off in 3 weeks time.

Good to hear. Looks like you got it, once you get the blood/puss out it feels alot better.
    Yeah, I think I nailed it, thanks for the pointers mate.

A sterile abcess is when your body attacks a sterile foreign substance. Such as the oil you inject. So the pus is just pure white cells attacking oil.

Thread Information