Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!

Skin infection from injecting.

Not a question more of a bit of advice when heating up your AS.

I usually heat up my Schering Test Enan amp by putting it in a mug of half boiling/half warm water. Leave it there for 3-5 minutes then draw the AS and inject it.

This time I drew the AS from the amp, then heated it by running it under a hot tap. Drew with a sterile, brand new, 21G 1.5" needle. Then put a 25G 1" pin on the end, pushed out the air bubbles and ran the needle under hot water. 3-4 minutes later I took the cap off of the needle and noticed some water had got in. So, I changed to another 25G 1" pin, brand new. Cleaned the area with soap and then an alcohol awab. Then injected it (left delt), massages it etc...

That was done 1 week ago, last Monday. On Friday morning I noticed a small lump below where I injected. Not at the injection site, about 2 inches below. Where your delt ends and tricep and bicep begin. It was read and warm to touch. Immediately thought there was a problem. I watched it for the next few days and the redness spread around my bicep. But there was a tiny tiny lump where the redness started.

Got worse and worse and today is Monday. Went to the doctors today and he priscribed "Flucloxacillin", antiboitics and told me I have a skin infection.

Lets hope it clears up and doesnt turn into a full blown abcess.

Anyone else experienced this?

Just more of a heads up. Be careful about how you heat your AS and stay sterile ALWAYS.

Last edited by Swifto; 05-15-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i usually pre load the plastic and throw it in a glass of boiling water............
    are you sure that was from the warming up procedure,i cannot see that givivng you a skin infection mate........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    i usually pre load the plastic and throw it in a glass of boiling water............
    are you sure that was from the warming up procedure,i cannot see that givivng you a skin infection mate........................
    I dont know what else it could be. Maybe the water from the tap, somehow got down the needle and into the barrell. Or the ruber plunger wasnt air tight.....Who knows. I changed how I usually do it and this happend. This is why I thought it was the source of the problem.

The Test Enan is human grade, Schering, (you know the one ) and needles, barrells etc...Are from the needle exchange and Terumo packaged/sealed.

Injection site was cleaned prior to injection using soap, then I use an anti-bacterial cleaner called "NO-GERM" from Tesco. Wash my hand and the area. Also used alcohol swabs.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    I dont know what else it could be. Maybe the water from the tap, somehow got down the needle and into the barrell. Or the ruber plunger wasnt air tight.....Who knows. I changed how I usually do it and this happend. This is why I thought it was the source of the problem.

The Test Enan is human grade, Schering, (you know the one ) and needles, barrells etc...Are from the needle exchange and Terumo packaged/sealed.

Injection site was cleaned prior to injection using soap, then I use an anti-bacterial cleaner called "NO-GERM" from Tesco. Wash my hand and the area. Also used alcohol swabs.
    beats me mate.just that ive been heating my gear for a number of years and this has never happened to me......touch wood........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    beats me mate.just that ive been heating my gear for a number of years and this has never happened to me......touch wood........................
    Beats me too. Got the anitboitics now though. If you ever have a problem like this. Ask your doctor for some "Flucloxacillin".

Did you tell your Doc about the injection being the cause of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    Did you tell your Doc about the injection being the cause of the problem?
    I told the doctor I injected on Tuesday just above where the red lump appeared. He also thought the injection was the cause. Its not at the actual site, so its a difficult one and he want really that sure, I think. Said it was strange. Never had a skin infection like it before.

I told the doctor I injected on Tuesday just above where the red lump appeared. He also thought the injection was the cause. Its not at the actual site, so its a difficult one and he want really that sure, I think. Said it was strange. Never had a skin infection like it before.
    I would keep an eye on it and go back if it gets worse, fingers crossed for you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    I would keep an eye on it and go back if it gets worse, fingers crossed for you bro!
    Thanks mate. Lets hope the antiboitics works.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish you the best as well and keep an eye on it

TheSentinal is offline Member
    I agree with everyone, seems really strange. I keep thinking it may be tainted gear - was this your first injection from the bottle?

Xprime is offline Banned
    g luck

Quote Originally Posted by TheSentinal
    I agree with everyone, seems really strange. I keep thinking it may be tainted gear - was this your first injection from the bottle?
    No. Schering Human Grade AS. Got friends who have used some boxes from my batch and I've nearly finished a box of 20 myself. Never had any problems before.

eberasain is offline Associate Member
    Not a question more of a bit of advice when heating up your AS.

I usually heat up my Schering Test Enan amp by putting it in a mug of half boiling/half warm water. Leave it there for 3-5 minutes then draw the AS and inject it.

This time I drew the AS from the amp, then heated it by running it under a hot tap. Drew with a sterile, brand new, 21G 1.5" needle. Then put a 25G 1" pin on the end, pushed out the air bubbles and ran the needle under hot water. 3-4 minutes later I took the cap off of the needle and noticed some water had got in. So, I changed to another 25G 1" pin, brand new. Cleaned the area with soap and then an alcohol awab. Then injected it (left delt), massages it etc...

That was done 1 week ago, last Monday. On Friday morning I noticed a small lump below where I injected. Not at the injection site, about 2 inches below. Where your delt ends and tricep and bicep begin. It was read and warm to touch. Immediately thought there was a problem. I watched it for the next few days and the redness spread around my bicep. But there was a tiny tiny lump where the redness started.

Got worse and worse and today is Monday. Went to the doctors today and he priscribed "Flucloxacillin", antiboitics and told me I have a skin infection.

Lets hope it clears up and doesnt turn into a full blown abcess.

Anyone else experienced this?

Just more of a heads up. Be careful about how you heat your AS and stay sterile ALWAYS.

yup! 2 weeks ago i injected myself in my right glute, everything sterile, but it seemed to be swelling as each day passed along; however, it moved the the thigh bone joint and it began to infect it their. doctor said the if it gets in the joint it can be very bad, so he prescribed antibiotics and an antiinflamtory and after 3 or 4 days it started to receed.... i now wash the area real good then go over with cotton pads instead of swabs ( like they use in the hospital)... anyways you will be alright and good luck bro!

playboii is offline Senior Member
    jesus christ that is sure a long process to inject..I would go for the safer draw the test out change the pin and inject no other steps that way you know for sure your safe.

playboii is offline Senior Member
    and another thing I once injected on my delt I got everything you did my delt swelled up and all and after a week it started going down on its own. this also happened to my buddy too you probly just hit something that caused the area to inflame dont worry about it it'll go away. just as long as you not dropping the syringes and blowin the dust off like greg valentino lol you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by playboii
    and another thing I once injected on my delt I got everything you did my delt swelled up and all and after a week it started going down on its own. this also happened to my buddy too you probly just hit something that caused the area to inflame dont worry about it it'll go away. just as long as you not dropping the syringes and blowin the dust off like greg valentino lol you should be fine.
    I'm always very careful. I think I just irritated something like you said. On anitboitics now though.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Sorry to hear it Swift-hope it clears up quick for ya

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    Sorry to hear it Swift-hope it clears up quick for ya
    Thanks mate. Seems to be looking better already.

Che
    Che is offline New Member
    I guess I'll add my admission that I had a bad shot in the quad that turned into a skin infection. After I couldn't even walk anymore, I went to the doctor and he gave me two antibiotics, Bactrim and Keflex. Within a couple of days the infection began to subside. I was told that if the infection didn't begin to go away, then I'd have to go on an IV. What really pisses me off is that I took all the precautions that I always do - to this day I don't know what I did because I haven't changed my protocol and have never had this problem since. Even hospitals and all their red tape end up with staff infections and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Thread Information