J0E
    J0E is offline Associate Member

To Cardio or Not to Cardio?

Hey bros,

500mg/wk for 12 weeks, i'm 4 weeks in and I feel I'm starting to get fat from all the eating I've been doing. 195lb, 6ft, bf 10 -12%, 22yo. should i do some cardio to burn off the extra calories? let me know what you think and if yes how much cardio?

jp_blois is offline Junior Member
    Why don't you want to do cardio

J0E
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E
    Hey bros,

500mg/wk for 12 weeks, i'm 4 weeks in and I feel I'm starting to get fat from all the eating I've been doing. 195lb, 6ft, bf 10 -12%, 22yo. should i do some cardio to burn off the extra calories? let me know what you think and if yes how much cardio?
    I stated this just read...

srtrace is offline Junior Member
    bump, I question this also.

MasterShake is offline Member
    you are probably bloated on top of eating a ton! Water weight can make you feel like you are getting fatter, but it is probably more bloat than fat. if you don't want the extra bloat, then by all means, you should do cardio. Cardio is very important if one of your goals is to keep the water weight down.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 05-16-2006 at 05:04 PM.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Are you taking AI to reduce bloat? Do you want to bulk or cut? If cut, then do cardio 45-60 min/day

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Joe, no one here can tell you if you should do cardio. There are many reasons why cardio is beneficial to overall health. If you want to do some to shed a little bit of BF% then by all means knock yourself out.

I cant imagine any feedback assiting you with your decision. You feel fat, you want to shed some BF, then just incorporate a little into each workout. No biggy brotha.

I'm with ya Jahova

Logan13 is offline Banned

yes to cardio

Hey bros,

I am guessing that by 500mg/week you are referring to some form of Test. I would get some L-dex to help with water retention and add the cardio. If you are doing a bulker, add even more cardio. Bulkers do not have to make you fat, and IMO they shouldn't. Try cardio 3x/week for 30-45 minutes, if that doesn't bring you where you want to be then add more cardio. Just remember that cardio comes after a weight training workout--not before it.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    take some letro to keep the bloat down. and as far as cardio.....i believe it should be done atleast 3X a week whether or not your bulking or cutting. your diet will determine if your bulking or cutting not doing cardio.

J0E
    great info guys, help me a lot. I am on letro @ .5mg ed until pct. I think I do some cardio because I check my bf and it has went up since i've been on. thanks again guy.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    Joe, no one here can tell you if you should do cardio. There are many reasons why cardio is beneficial to overall health. If you want to do some to shed a little bit of BF% then by all means knock yourself out.

I cant imagine any feedback assiting you with your decision. You feel fat, you want to shed some BF, then just incorporate a little into each workout. No biggy brotha.
    word

Jakspro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    .....i believe it should be done atleast 3X a week whether or not your bulking or cutting.
    I love cardio, dont know why... Sometimes it just makes me feel like a badass cause i'm not lazy (AM cardio)... random rant i know, but i'll agree with this post for badass reasons and for healthy cardovascular reasons, as long as you dont stress out your body, you should be good to go.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i hate cardio,and when i am not getting ready for a contest, i wont even walk around the block,but when i have to cut weight i do it

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Well cardio can be good for heart condition and keeping some kinda quality during cycle, or bulking......but remember too much cardio can hinder your gains and energy.......just happened to me those few last weeks

Since i reduce my cardio session, i'm feeling better already and more energy.

That said, i'll be prolly less cut than i did thx to those cardio/ECA session

Cardio should be done all year round to help maintain a healthy heart. Unless you have a medical condition prohibiting you then get on with it and stop being lazy!!!

J0E
    yea, before I started my cycle I was doing am cardio 3x a week for 25 30mins before work. Once I started cycling I didnt think it would be much of a benefit to me because I would be bulking. But now I know different. Cardio in the morning !!

I hate cardio.....

I hate cardio.....
    LOL I hate going to the gym...

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i hate cardio,and when i am not getting ready for a contest, i wont even walk around the block,but when i have to cut weight i do it
    I am with your brutha !!!!

Xprime is offline Banned
    That will help you.
    Cardio while bulking

Logan13 is offline Banned

letro instead of L-dex?

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    take some letro to keep the bloat down. and as far as cardio.....i believe it should be done atleast 3X a week whether or not your bulking or cutting. your diet will determine if your bulking or cutting not doing cardio.
    Letro for test only? Do you experience any estrogen related porblems after coming off it?

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would do cardio. Try to run at least 1 mile a day and then get in the sauna for about 10 min.

Rocky IV is offline Member
    TO CARDIO,,,trust dont worry about losing muscle your on cycle that wont be an issue

Xprime is offline Banned
    I would do cardio. Try to run at least 1 mile a day and then get in the sauna for about 10 min.
    In my clubs, go to the sauna after cardio training is not recomended.
    It is a rule written near the sauna.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Letro for test only? Do you experience any estrogen related porblems after coming off it?
    thats why ya got nolva on hand to prevent the estrogen rebound.....letro while on....nolva/clomid for PCT

k_kingston is offline Associate Member
    are you worried about the extra calories being burnt from cardio and having that affect your growth? That was always my concern. i had a hard enough time trying to get 4500 cals a day and then to go and burn an extra 400-600 doing cardio makes me feel like i am hindering my gains by the burned cals. I feel ur pain though about feeling like your putting on too much bf.
    Last edited by k_kingston; 05-18-2006 at 11:00 AM.

speak is offline Associate Member
    so is it just a rumor that you don't want to work out your heart when on AS? It is a muscle and it is the last muscle you want to grow.

Xprime is offline Banned
    The heart is working when u push heavy weight. If u do a superset u heart rate will go faste, that will train ur heart, if u do fitness u will train ur heart.

The heart is the only muscle that work Eveytime.

speak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xprime
    The heart is working when u push heavy weight. If u do a superset u heart rate will go faste, that will train ur heart, if u do fitness u will train ur heart.

The heart is the only muscle that work Eveytime.
    I understand that, but when you're doing cardio your heart rate is up around 160 or so for 30 minutes. Never is it anywhere near that when lifting.

Xprime is offline Banned
    if u take clenbuterol ur heart will go faster

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xprime
    if u take clenbuterol ur heart will go faster
    Not that good, ..........

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    Bulking do Cardio Mimimum twice a week for 40 minutes no ifs and or butts

Cutting 4-7 times a week

Thread Information