Maleko is offline New Member

Clomid during your cycle to help gyno ??

If nolvadex isnt available can clomid be used during a cycle to help prevent, / or rid gyno? if so how much should be taken ?
    My cycle is as follows
    Sus 500mgs 1-12
    Eq 600mgs 1-12
    winny 50mgs eod 7-14
    Also will winny help prevent gyno as well???

Thank you ..
    maleko ------------------

No clomid will not help gyno. It will help bring test levels back up post cycle after all the androgens are out of you but nothing beneficial during cycle IMO.

NOV and Prov together or Arimidex is what will help.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    My doc told me that clomid is an anti e and works very much like nolvadex and will help with blocking estrogen at the receptor sites. So this is info in conflict with Pure Adrenaline.

Here is some doco on them, I want to know too if clomid can be used as an anti e since I cannot use nolvadex due to my hgh use. Pls someone help.

by Bill Roberts - Clomid is the anti-estrogen of choice for improving recovery of natural testosterone production after a cycle, improving testosterone production of endurance athletes, and is also effective in reducing risk of gynecomastia during a cycle employing aromatizable steroids .

While it has been claimed that Clomid "stimulates" production of LH and therefore of testosterone, in fact Clomid’s activity is achieved not by stimulation of the hypothalamus and pituitary, but by blocking their inhibition by estrogen.

Clomid is a mixed estrogen agonist/antagonist (activator/blocker) which, when bound to the estrogen receptor, puts it in a somewhat different conformation (shape) than does estradiol. The estrogen receptor requires binding of an estrogen or drug at its binding site and also the binding of any of several cofactors at different sites. Without the binding of the cofactor, the estrogen receptor is inactive. Different tissues use different cofactors. Some of these cofactors are able to bind to the estrogen receptor/Clomid complex, but others are blocked due to the change in shape. The result is that in some tissues Clomid acts as an antagonist -- the cofactor used in that tissue cannot bind and so the receptor remains inactive -- and in others Clomid acts as an agonist (activator), because the cofactors used in that tissue are able to bind.

Clomid is an effective antagonist in the hypothalamus and in breast tissue. It is an effective agonist in bone tissue, and for improving blood cholesterol.

Clomid also has the property of reducing the adverse effect of exercise-induced damage of muscle tissue. This is very significant for endurance athletes but is not very significant, if at all significant, with reasonable weight training. Clomid does not perceptibly affect gains of the weight trainer either favorably or adversely in my experience.

The drug seems to have estrogenic effects on mood, which can be beneficial (improving relationships with women by improving empathy) or can yield depression or PMS-like symptoms, but for most users there is no significant effect either way.

The claim that duration of intake should not exceed 10-14 days is incorrect. Clinical studies with male patients have been for periods of a year or longer. This error probably originates from the fact that, for use in women, due to the menstrual cycle there would obviously be no point in trying to stimulate ovulation all four weeks of the month. Thus, use in women is limited to 10-14 days. That limitation is not because of toxicity.

Clomid is in fact useful throughout a cycle if aromatizable drugs are being used. I do think however that to be conservative, one should use it no more than 2/3 of the time throughout the year or a little less.by Bill Roberts - Nolvadex is very comparable to Clomid, behaves in the same manner in all tissues, and is a mixed estrogen agonist/antagonist of the same type as Clomid. The two molecules are also very similar in structure.
    -------------------------------------
    Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate)

It is not correct that Nolvadex reduces levels of estrogen: rather, it blocks estrogen from estrogen receptors and, in those tissues where it is an antagonist, causes the receptor to do nothing.

The claim that Nolvadex reduces gains should not be taken too seriously. The fact is that any number of bodybuilders have made excellent gains while using Nolvadex. The belief that it reduces gains seems to stem from the fact that the scientific literature reports a slight reduction in IGF-1 (individuals using anabolic steroids were not studied though) from use of Nolvadex. Thus, Dan Duchaine reported that it reduces IGF-1 and therefore reduces gains. However, if this effect exists at all, it must be very minor, due to the excellent gains that many have made, and from the fact that no one has noticed any such thing from Clomid, which has the same activity profile.

However, I would not be surprised if one were to tell a steroid user that Clomid reduced his gains, he would immediately become afraid that Clomid reduced his gains (please note that no one I have ever heard of has noticed this.) Not having been so misled, however, he would not conclude this from his results. But if an authority publishes that such an effect occurs, whether it does or not it can become self-fulfilling by biasing the user.

The fact that Nolvadex will reduce water retention may result in the user agreeing that gains are less, since weight gain is less, thus reinforcing the bias.

Originally posted by androplex
    My doc told me that clomid is an anti e and works very much like nolvadex and will help with blocking estrogen at the receptor sites. So this is info in conflict with Pure Adrenaline.

Youur Doctor is an idiot !!!

just joking..clomid is somewhat an anti bros. But it is not really an effective one..

Clomid is synthetic estrogen and will bind to the estrogen receptor and block the receptor but this will only help to add free floating estrogen in the body. When you stop the use of it what will all that estrogen go ???

Also it is a weak and i say weak anti. Not really what we BB use it for bro. And I would not say to use only clomid for an anti.

Clomid also is much more effective when all androgens are out of the body. Then hit it hard and it will bring your test levels back fo you.

Well I say not to use it at all for that but some may feel that you can ???

Same goes with NOV. It blocks the receptor but again you will have all this free floating estrogen in your system. Use NOV with Prov and you have a winner.

Or the shortcut is arimidex .

Question: Does Clomid also work as an anti estrogen?

Answer: Clomid is a synthetic estrogen, however it does also work as an anti-estrogen. How does it work? Because it is a weak synthetic estrogen, it will bind to the estrogen receptor (ER) and not cause any problems. At the same time the increase in estrogen from steroids are blocked from attaching to the ER.

Question: How effective is Clomid as an anti-estrogen?

Answer: It is very weak and should not be relied upon if you are going to be using steroids that aromatise at any rapid rate, or if you are pre disposed to gyno. Arimidex, Proviron and Nolvadex will all make better choices for this purpose.

This will combine my reply and your doctors reply to this.

It may be an anti but not a good choice IMO.

Again IMO bro...I would not waste my $$ on using it for an anti if you can use NOV with Prov or arimidex...that is why I said it will do you no good.

Post cycle it is great again for helping get your test back but I do not see it as a good anti.

hope this helps..

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    here is the link to the educational forums... this is devoted to clomid, read, all the info u need is in here...

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...=&threadid=646

peace, bg

damn PA, u beat me to responding, but nice explination anyways..

thanks PA, I can't use the nolvadex cause of the hgh use. I am not having any gyno symps. now. I just had my blood draw for estrodoil level. If it comes back high I will start the arimidex for sure.

Pitceo is offline New Member
    I was developing gyno and I took Novadex. It didn't seem to help a great deal. I will do like pure adrenaline says and try nolva and proviron together. Is 25mg prov and 20mg nolva enough per day? I'm a little short on proviron.
    One other question. It's been almost two months since my cycle (1st) and I seem to be getting a lump under only one nipple and none under the other one. It is bad enough that I feel it when I lay on my stomach. Is this normal?

pitceo, it takes a lil while for the nolva to build up in your system. hit 25, mgs of prov and 40mgs of nolva untill any pain u have subsides.. then bump the nolva down to 20mgs a day.

or better yet, just get some arimidex .

Krapfen is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Pitceo
    It's been almost two months since my cycle (1st) and I seem to be getting a lump under only one nipple and none under the other one. It is bad enough that I feel it when I lay on my stomach. Is this normal?
    do a search on "estrogen rebound", happens sometimes. You need to take aromatase inhibitors or at least nolvadex and/or clomid.

Originally posted by big_guy
    damn PA, u beat me to responding, but nice explination anyways..

sorry

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I agree with both Andoplaex and PA: Clomid works, but it's a weak Anti-e. Try to find Nolvadex before you start. Also look at Arimidex and Proviron . (I like Proviron @ 50mg ED, personally: it's cheap, it works and it makes you even more horny! Wooo Hooo!)

Thread Information