unslim is offline New Member

Injection question

I took an injection of Sus and Cyp mixed together (250mg combined), in the glute area. Cleaned the area with alcohol, aspirated (no blood), cleaned after removing the pin (23g). Felt some mild burning, but assumed this was normal for a first time. Today the injection spot is slightly red, warm, and hard to the touch. I have considered the possibility of an abcess, but I was wondering what would happen if an IM shot wasn't deep enough to get into the muscle? If the test was deposited in fatty tissue instead of the muscle, would it produce these symptoms? What problems could this cause? Could antibiotics adminestered in the next few days help, or is it too late for that? Feelin' like a dumbass. Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S. My buddy took a shot of the same stuff in the same place and has some soreness, but no redness or hardening of the injection site.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    What size pin did you use?

23 gauge 1.5 inch, not too big, barely felt it go in, that why I wonder if it went deep enough to hit muscle.

SBZ
    SBZ is offline New Member
    Had the same issue as you a few days ago bud......its taken a while but is clearing up now (except I'm on a Deca / Sust cycle)
    Just keep an eye on it....

TheSentinal is offline Member
    1.5" is standard pin size for glute injectionand will hit your muscle just fine. I have known guys who have unknowingly pulled the pin put a bit as they aspirate and inject. That can lead to under skin injections instead of intramuscular. However, I believe you would probably be aware of this after you injected.

Do you have a fever or other symptoms? If not, I would watch it a few days and see if it does not receed. If you followed the steps you outlined, it would be hard to imagine an infection. If it worsens, see a doc.

The burning when injecting seems unusual, but other fellas here would know more. I never feel buring, but ALWAYS have pain for days afterwards. I have experienced lumps before and they will go down after a couple days.

Good luck bro

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Sust always hurts a bit. Dont be a sook, you will be fine

My glutes are quite small hence my concern about missing the muscle. I'm less worried about the abcess than I am about wasting gear by missing the mark. I haven't found any mention of the subject, but I imagine the result would be quick and quite painful. I'm probably going to get a scrip for some antibiotics just to be careful (a coworker came to work sick yesterday too, so it can't hurt either way).

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Sust always hurts a bit. Dont be a sook, you will be fine
    thats what I figured, but the redness made me wonder. Having never done test b4 I don't know what my usual reaction should be. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information