ev0
    ev0 is offline New Member

Gear and Bodyfat

What are the risks of running a simple test cycle first time with a BF % alittle above 20%. I was told 12% or below is optimal, but whats the risk in having the high BF with gear?

Thanx

Mark Foo is offline New Member
    Good question. I'm curious myself.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouold say 15% and below is optimal for a bulking or cutting cyle.
    I wouldn;t do a cutting cycle with Primo or Winny unless I was below 12%.

joshr is offline Associate Member
    if you bf is really high theres more work to be done so if you get it to an optimal level like 10 or 12% it will be easier to cut or bulk and keep a lean look and not have to do extra dieting and traing to bring it down

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    if ur bulkin at 20%u will gain more fat and look fatter....u wont see the muscle gains the same cuase its covered with fat....i like to bulk at around10-12% so that when im done with pct i am standing around 14-15%...

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    no risks but
    but if ur cycling winny its better 2 have low bf

Mark Foo is offline New Member
    So... uh... No real risks per say, just the fact that I won't "see" the results because of the fat covering it? Doesn't seem like much of a problem to me.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    You can always bulk with a CLEAN diet, put on some muscle, and then cut off the fat later. It's probably better to do it the opposite way. Cut fat, then add lean mass.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    some ppl sday there is a bigger risk for gyno but dont know about that. I persoally think running a cutter is a really effective way to drop from 25 % BF to under 15 in a short time with most of the muscle mass kept..

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i would suggest working on getting your bf lower within your diet and training before considering anabolics.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    i would suggest working on getting your bf lower within your diet and training before considering anabolics.
    not a bad idea either... but doesnt apply to all cases IMO (more advanced lifters in some cases, some powerlifters for example)..

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    not a bad idea either... but doesnt apply to all cases IMO (more advanced lifters in some cases, some powerlifters for example)..
    i dont disagree with you but he never asked if it was okay to take test at high bf as if he were trying to bulk at his current size. it seems like his quesiton was asking if there is a certain bf% needed to be able to get positive results from test. i am under the assumption that he is asking because he wonders if test will help lower his current bf..

smartwater is offline Associate Member
    yea cutters are more productive if you lose stubborn fat beforehand imo. also note that some ppl at 12% bf look leaner then others at 12% as they put on fat in diff areas more then others.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smartwater
    yea cutters are more productive if you lose stubborn fat beforehand imo. also note that some ppl at 12% bf look leaner then others at 12% as they put on fat in diff areas more then others.
    I don't buy that. In my experience, the more fat a person has to lose, the faster it comes off. This would make cutters more effective for people with a higher BF%, right?

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    being 20% bf is also just plain unhealthy.. going on a test e or bulk cycle you will gain more BF most likely which will be even unhealthier for your body.. just added stress that your body/heart doesnt need... shed a bit of bodyfat before you jump on a cycle.. with a good cardion and diet set up you can drop your BF..

Thread Information