Thread: Training on AAS

seriouslifter is offline Member

Training on AAS

I know steroids speed up the recovery time. What type of training do you guys do when your on it? Do you do more sets, workout muscles twice a week? Stick to the same program? High reps or go to failure low reps. I want to do it right this time for everything.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    I keep my split the same but I definetly say increase the intensity. Lift like the force of god is in you.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    IMHO, It still depends on your goals to some extent.
    The key is intensity. AAS definetly allows for more of that. as far as reps and sets, it is a standard formula with or without AAS:

6 reps or lower= strength gain but minimul size gain (Hitting 2B muscle fibers)
    6-12 reps= Increase in strength AND size (Hitting 2A and 2B muscle fibers)
    12+ reps= endurance but not strength or size gains ( Only hitting 2A muscle fibers)

This is given that you are using a weight that makes you fail by the last two reps.

Recovery is quicker with AAS so you can train each muscle group more often for more growth as long as you still allow for rest , recovery, and most important the correct diet to provide the fuel and proteins to reach your goals.

Hope this helped

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    I always lift the most I can if the weight is high enough you wont have to worry about doing to many rep's or set's.

Weight's should go up as your rep's go up.On A bulking cycle if I can lift A certain weight more than 10 rep's I'd bump up the weight.

littlemantc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    The key is intensity. AAS definetly allows for more of that. as far as reps and sets, it is a standard formula with or without AAS:

12+ reps= endurance but not strength or size gains ( Only hitting 2A muscle fibers)

This is given that you are using a weight that makes you fail by the last two reps.

Recovery is quicker with AAS so you can train each muscle group more often for more growth as long as you still allow for rest , recovery, and most important the correct diet to provide the fuel and proteins to reach your goals.

Hope this helped
    i use 10 reps as a base...i want to have Failure by 9-10 reps....

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    do what works for you, no need to change imo just because you are "on"...and training with intensity should have been done from the time you were natural even before touching any AAS.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Above all else is deit just like SMAN said With out the proper carb's cal's and protein to suport muscle growth youll just be spining your tire's.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    remember that even though your "on" you must rest your body.. although you may feel undestructable be careful with over training or getting injured.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Depends on what you want to accomplish with the training/AAS cycle...

brundle is offline Associate Member
    Recovery might be quicker, but I wouldn't try to workout each bodypart more often just because your on (unless you feel really confident about it).
    I work out each bodypart once/week, and if I'm on, it's still once/week.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned

Hope this helped
    Amazing post. Great info.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    I believe this is a personal decision and one should monitor what their body is telling them. AAS will allow fast recovery and increased protein synthesis. With this, you can train harder and more frequently. Some guys will even train 2 a day - with a AM and PM split routine. For me, I train on 6 off 1 and increase my intensity and sets. I feel stronger and have more stamina when on - so I take advantage of this. As others have said - rest and proper diet are key.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSentinal
    I believe this is a personal decision and one should monitor what their body is telling them. AAS will allow fast recovery and increased protein synthesis. With this, you can train harder and more frequently. Some guys will even train 2 a day - with a AM and PM split routine. For me, I train on 6 off 1 and increase my intensity and sets. I feel stronger and have more stamina when on - so I take advantage of this. As others have said - rest and proper diet are key.
    Your probably over training. I'd hit 4-5 days. 6 on 1 off may be a lil too much. if your on aas or not you shouldn't be over training even though you will have more strength, stamina etc...Your body needs rest in order for it to grow.

Its okay to work out twice a day (but only if the a.m work out is cardio) other then that then no I wouldn't ever recomend to work out twice a day.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    I understand your position and would caution others as well. It is working - for now - I back off if my bod, the scale or mirror give me overtraining signs.

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    I love training when Im on. the best part is trying new things. since recovery time is not an issue you can get away with trying different combonations, strength w/ intensity and is what Im trying now. my latest addition is timed sets after powerlifts. after my heavy sets I do eight sets of three w/ a 30 - 45 second break. Next week Im getting truch pushes involved (its better if you have a friend that you can compete w/ this) it should be an event (being on). you should def try something new. imho

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    when on i know i can get away with acouple more sets per bodypart usually, or il even adjust my training for certain lagging parts, such as in my last cycle of prop, i hit arms with 2 smaller workouts a week.

Here is the basic foundation for training:

Stage I: You go to the gym and balls out to create a stimulus that is followed by a fatique effect that drops your performance ability...

Stage II: At this point, your body bgeins to repair and return to normal homeostatis. It begins recovery. If you lift hard and heavy everyday with full intensity but not enough rest, you will continuely be stuck at this stage... AKA, no progress.

Stage III: This is where the difference happens. The system will overcompensate to allow for such triggers like more ATP/CP stores for greater energy and increased performance. Hitting the highest peak of this supercompensation is the goal.

Stage IV: But, if you decide to take some time off and no longer give your system the stimulus to keep the gains - it will return to normal levels and detraining begins.

As far as AAS goes...

Here is one possibility I drafted regarding how AAS might effect the curve... a higher supercompensation curve due to improved recovery and increased muscle stores (glycogen, ATP/CP)... basically the stimulis results in less overall fatigue, compensation can occur faster, overcompensation is much greater and stays elevated longer before a slower drop back to pretraining levels...

Anyone agree with my last post regarding how AAS effects the body's response to training?

Thread Information