seriouslifter is offline Member

Massaging after injection

I saw a sticky that said massaging after injection is a NO NO. I always thought its good to do that so you are not that sore.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Some say it help's other's don't get ant thing out of it.

For me I don't notice much difference either way.

goosed is offline Associate Member
    im not sure how it would be bad, seems like it would help the oil spread out into the mucle a little better. id like to hear someone who is against it and what they have to say

TheSentinal is offline Member
    I have tried it both ways - no real difference in pain. I will do a few sets of leg extensions since I inject into my quads - and that does the same kind of thing. Who knows though.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I think rubbing helps some or work the muscle that you injected. I've done it that way and it seems to help. I don't see how rubbing the area would hurt anything. I could be wrong on this.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Why do it? You have a problem with soreness?

seriouslifter is offline Member
    If you massage it, the oil spreads out and leads to other areas maybe and thats why its bad. I saw the sticky on bb.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I swear by massaging, especially with certain oils. Boldabol aboslutely kills if I don;t heat and massage. It balls up quickly, unlike test.

jucinator is offline Associate Member
    I belive in it , I always have my wife massage my ass afterwards!!

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jucinator
    I belive in it , I always have my wife massage my ass afterwards!!
    Right on!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Massaging does help. It's a good idea to do it. Almost as important as aspirating imo.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Forgot to add. It drastically helps injection pain in larger injects.

rippledsteel is offline New Member
    My first cycle was started at my docs office and they taught me how to self administer.They said that if you didnt massage oil based compounds that it would just about always knot up in a ball, it dosent help with absorbtion time cause even if you dont massage the knot will eventually go down and your body will absorb it anyway. RS

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I don't claim to be an expert and I do massage after injections.

That being said, I have read that the reason that massaging is bad is because certain steroids have a tendancy to crash and crystallize. If you have small crystals in your muscle and you start rubbing real hard it could cut some stuff up.

Now, before you flame me, I don't agree with this logic. I'm simply repeating what I have been told is the reason that you don't massage. The logic seems to be flawed to me.

Thanks for your time.

stuball is offline Banned
    To massage glutes is easy, but the delts are a harder muscle, and when i try to massage it dont feel like im doin anything..

twitchfast is offline Junior Member
    I think its good to massage the injection spot. I know that after a cortisone shot by my doc, he rubbed it in.

thats gotta mean somthing

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I put a bandaid on immediately and then massage the area to keep the AAS inside. When I dont put pressure on it, oil runs down my leg. I hate wondering how much I lost. I now have a bandaid ready and put it half on even before removing the pin. Then right when the pin is removed I can press on the bandage and apply pressure. When I remove the bandaid shortly after, there is only a dot and I know I did not lose anything.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I think it was making injection site sore, so I stopped, only sore now 1 of every 12 shots or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des
    I put a bandaid on immediately and then massage the area to keep the AAS inside. When I dont put pressure on it, oil runs down my leg. I hate wondering how much I lost. I now have a bandaid ready and put it half on even before removing the pin. Then right when the pin is removed I can press on the bandage and apply pressure. When I remove the bandaid shortly after, there is only a dot and I know I did not lose anything.
    Gear runs down your leg? seriously? Which site? That doesn't sound normal..

I use a cotton ball after I inject, but mainly in case it bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    Gear runs down your leg? seriously? Which site? That doesn't sound normal..

I use a cotton ball after I inject, but mainly in case it bleeds.
    Yes, I thought this happened to everyone if they did not apply pressure. But, yes when I inject into my glutes and remove the needle, before I can even grab a towel, a thin stream of oil runs halfway to my knee within 3 seconds or so. My friend told me to remove the needle slowly or to stop when partially removing the pin, but nothing worked. One thing which may be different with me is that I like test propianate and inject everyday. I like the feeling better than enthanate and may have more scar tissue as a result. I am not sure, but too much oil always comes out and I now have to use a bandaid every time. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des
    Yes, I thought this happened to everyone if they did not apply pressure. But, yes when I inject into my glutes and remove the needle, before I can even grab a towel, a thin stream of oil runs halfway to my knee within 3 seconds or so. My friend told me to remove the needle slowly or to stop when partially removing the pin, but nothing worked. One thing which may be different with me is that I like test propianate and inject everyday. I like the feeling better than enthanate and may have more scar tissue as a result. I am not sure, but too much oil always comes out and I now have to use a bandaid every time. Any ideas?
    I've never had more than a drop appear at the site, and I'm pretty sure it was just the drop that fell down the needle when I pushed the air out.

You're mixing up at least 4 sites with prop, right? You're not just shooting glutes are you?

Uh oh, is that bad? I shoot only glutes ED. I also do HGH but I do this SubQ. My friend does it in his quads but I was always nervous about it for some reason.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    yeah its good to switch up bro,going ED from glute to glute will give you plenty of scar tissue.i always go left shoulder right shoulder left glute and so on.I'm always alternating.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    But on the subject of massaging,it s individual thing some people do it and feel better soma dont do it.it never di anything for me so obviously I dont bother.

Sorry to have hijaked the thread for a minute, but thanks for the info. Good thread! It brought up some issues I may not have addressed for some time. I even have some 1" pins so Ill try the thigh next.

vanquisher is offline Junior Member
    I rub it in after too it seems to help ...

Thread Information