Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    theshiz777 is offline Junior Member

what did Arnold use?

What kind of cycles was Arnold doing?

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    How the hell would we know?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Who knows...surely non of us. And to be honest, who really cares. Not to sound like a jack ass but this is PURELY speculation imo. Im sure he used everything anyways.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    What he used would probably not be any cycle we would recommend in 2006.

quaker48 is offline Associate Member
    i talked to him yesterday he told me creatine, whey protien(2 scoops), no2 and to really top things of he added HMB , he told me that was what really made the biggest difference

D-Money is offline Associate Member
    This is a difficult question. I don't think that guys from that time are very open about what they used. Maybe it was scotts honor, gentlemen's code or something??? I don't know why. I'm very interested as well! From what I heard, they used pretty much everything that had been developed. It was readily available to them as aas was not scheduled, and they had doctors that would prescribe them for them. That being said, I think we should keep this in mind when trying to figure out what they used. Arnolds heyday so to speak, was in the late 60's early 70's. I've heard rumors that he liked the d-bol, deca combo, and he would bridge between cycles with anavar . We know that most research and developement off aas was during the 50's-60's. Therefore I believe d-bol (offcourse) was available, anavar, your deca, trenbolone was developed, but it was not used in bodybuilding till dan duchaine wrote about it, I think. I don't think estered test was big during the late 60's early 70's, but we know that they had test suspension, and I think a lot of them used it of course. I think some guys really like nilevar , based on the way they looked. I think the mentzer guys liked it and bill pearl did as well. That's just some of what I've heard.

EVIL1 is offline New Member
    d bol d bol d bol

he ate it everyday even with his cereal,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gumby is offline Junior Member
    its dbol ,, all the sites admit that he takes them,, and plus,, hes from an area in which steriods are made,, so its to obvious that he take DBOL as well becuz the labs are next to him..

WonderMikeJ is offline Junior Member
    i've heard that he only used dbol as well.. although i'm not sure how he got so shredded using it.. but remember that was many years ago and we've come very far in science then..

life is to short to try to live someone else's life..
    and i'm one of the biggest arnold fan's around..

NoFaith068 is offline Associate Member
    How many threads like this now have I seen on this same board asking the exact same thing? LOL

From reading, Arnold took primarly D-Bol, mainly pre contest (how the hell he kept water retention to zero is beyond me) other bodybuilders just used to pop female birth control like crazy! There wasn't a lot of research done on anabolics back then so everyone was kind of just shooting in the dark. If the pros back then had access to the knowledgebase and AAS avaialble on the market today, who knows how big they'd get.

I highly doubt that birth control was used, if that was the case, it would be called tranny-building.
    Last edited by BajanBastard; 05-20-2006 at 10:34 PM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    a lot of the steroids available now... were available then.

Actually there were more steroids available then... as a lot of stuff later went out of production.

The stacks.. we can only speculate

Narkissos

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I heard him say " 3 Dbol a day " in an interview. Not sure what else though.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I highly doubt that birth control was used, if that was the case, it would be called tranny-building.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I heard him say " 3 Dbol a day " in an interview. Not sure what else though.
    Sergio claims they used it by the handful.. with primo etc.

zane loved his t3 etc.

Who knows what they did?

Who cares?

Im just tryin to help answer his question. I don't personally care either but, I guess he does.

Primo my ass, if they were using 100mg wk yeah then could afford it. I think this whole idea that the old generation pros used primo was nothing more that a rumor to get noobs to buy primo (and its fakes), in this day in age when AAS are cheaper than ever before and primo is the most expensive anabolic steroid compound there is and doesn’t offer much, why would they use it?

The ‘handful of dianabol ’ is bullshit as well, if the tabs were dosed at .25mg yeah but a handful of 5mg tabs would have been several hundred mg ED.

2bshredded is offline Member
    Maybe Arnold will chime in, I'm sure he's a member of AR.

poloblue is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bshredded
    Maybe Arnold will chime in, I'm sure he's a member of AR.

Primo my ass, if they were using 100mg wk yeah then could afford it. I think this whole idea that the old generation pros used primo was nothing more that a rumor to get noobs to buy primo (and its fakes), in this day in age when AAS are cheaper than ever before and primo is the most expensive anabolic steroid compound there is and doesn’t offer much, why would they use it?

The ‘handful of dianabol’ is bullshit as well, if the tabs were dosed at .25mg yeah but a handful of 5mg tabs would have been several hundred mg ED.
    You forget primo was cheaper then... as was var and bunch of other stuff that costs a shitload now

the handful of dbol may be bullshit.. or it may simply be a reflection of the lack of education those guys had back then.

Gumby is offline Junior Member
    wouldnt birth control give u breast make your voice sound like a woman? or is that trade secret to keep water rentention low? I have abox of old birth control pills that my mom soundenly obatined (dont ask me how, i dont know either and why).....

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    wouldnt birth control give u breast make your voice sound like a woman? or is that trade secret to keep water rentention low? I have abox of old birth control pills that my mom soundenly obatined (dont ask me how, i dont know either and why).....
    scroll up:

co-signed

Go ahead and pop those birth control pills.. if you want tits

Narkissos

Mr. Testosterone is offline New Member
    Well Dianabol for sure.

Ive been told by golden-era bb that dosages were much lower than today's, cycle length was shorter and that most of the top Cali/Gold's Gym guys went to the same MD who administered the drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Testosterone
    Well Dianabol for sure.

Ive been told by golden-era bb that dosages were much lower than today's, cycle length was shorter and that most of the top Cali/Gold's Gym guys went to the same MD who administered the drugs.

Dr. Weider ?

Mr. Testosterone is offline New Member

Arrow

Dr. Weider ?
    I honestly dont know the doctors name, my friend has never told me. He just stated several times they were under an MD's supervision

I was merely speculating.

STAYHUNGRY is offline Associate Member

Arnold's stack

From various old sources, it has always been claimed that Arnold used the combination of Dianabol and Primobolan . Obviously, there's no real way to prove it one way or another, I just know that a LOT of old time bodybuilders say that this was Arnold's favorite stack.

SHNGRY

Dr. Weider ?
    LMAO! nice one

Johner is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoFaith068
    If the pros back then had access to the knowledgebase and AAS avaialble on the market today, who knows how big they'd get.
    .... like today s bodybuilders?...

rsmihula is offline Associate Member

yo

Whatever he used we may never know completly. but he did make bodybuilding what it is today!

abokeef is offline Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Testosterone
    Well Dianabol for sure.

BTW, I read once in one of the steroid profiles(I can't remmember where) that D-bol was the secret of arnold's arms.....

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abokeef
    BTW, I read once in one of the steroid profiles(I can't remmember where) that D-bol was the secret of arnold's arms.....
    @abokeef yeah he mentions d-bol in pumping iron special edition.

i must admit it would be interesting to know what it took to build his particular build,diet also,why say you dont care?he was one of the most famous bodybuilders who ever lived doesnt that peak your interest?

vitor is offline Anabolic Member

The ‘handful of dianabol’ is bullshit as well, if the tabs were dosed at .25mg yeah but a handful of 5mg tabs would have been several hundred mg ED.
    Dont "bash" Primo!! Greate drug. Arnold knew what worked...LOL...

beuleux is offline Banned
    Arnie cant take gear now hes govenor so he gave me his leftover dbol supply i had to borrow a friends pick-up to go get it.

goose is offline Banned
    First thing Primo was very cheap in arnold days,test was more Expensive just ask an old pro.This is the funney thing the most common stack back in the day was (D-bol) not what we know it on this board,it`s Dianabol and Deca ,as they use to think test was dirty.It`s a joke all you hear is deca dick here,but I can tell you this arnie got more pussy in one week than you will get in your life.I have information in books Clarifying Arnold`s main cycle it was Dianabol and primo it was his thing he Believed that the Dianabol gave him the mass and strenght and the primo Contained the gains.

thaisteroids is offline Associate Member
    AND........

Dont forget:
    FOOD, LOADS of it
    Training like an idiot.

If I could eat what Arnold ate, and train like Arnold did... I'll be dead by now..

Anyway it's what worked for his body, 4 to 6 hours of workout a day, 7.000 cals and up ED

I've also been reading that they did use birthcontrol pills as anti-e, at a high dosage.

Yes Sure AAS helped Arnold to develop his body, but 70% of is is dedication, hard work, good food.

If I would have 70% of his LBM.......... I'll be happy

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Well, if Arnold used Dbol - then this proves with the right PCT you can keep the gains!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    First thing Primo was very cheap in arnold days,test was more Expensive just ask an old pro.This is the funney thing the most common stack back in the day was (D-bol) not what we know it on this board,it`s Dianabol and Deca,as they use to think test was dirty.It`s a joke all you hear is deca dick here,but I can tell you this arnie got more pussy in one week than you will get in your life.I have information in books Clarifying Arnold`s main cycle it was Dianabol and primo it was his thing he Believed that the Dianabol gave him the mass and strenght and the primo Contained the gains.
    true.. i will run deca by its self for connective tissue/rehab purposes and my weiner works VERY WELL as a matter of fact.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSentinal
    Well, if Arnold used Dbol - then this proves with the right PCT you can keep the gains!
    It actually proves nothing.

Did Arnold use dbol ? Yes. Is that all he used? Certainly not. Do you think if you took exactly what Arnold was taking that you would look like him? I hope not, cause you are mistaken.

NEXT!!!

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold used his brains. Made his self money and a small fortune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information