BigLad is offline New Member

TRT and testicular atrophy

For you guys that have been on TRT for some time have you noticed much in the way of testicular atrophy? If you respond please indicate dosage, frequency of administration, length of time before atrophy set in, and degree of atrophy.

I ask because I am considering going on TRT myself for two reasons:

1) I'm borderline hypogonadal as established by several assays and some clinical sypmtoms.

2) I'd like to employ low dose testosterone inejctions ( around 100 mg cyp. weekly) as a background to my cycling of other anabolics.

I've cycled before, always conservatively, but am a little concerned about:

1) Testicular atrophy

2) Fertility - my sperm count is good but I haven't any kids yet and can't see me having any till I'm in my early fourties (I'm 36 right now).

I'm quite comfortable with the theoretical background of TRT and with the theoretical and practical aspects of AAS cycling. However, I'd appreciate any experience based input from people.

Thanks in advance.

Methuselah is offline Member
    I've been doing it for almost a year. The first cycle was 200 mg of test. I now do 400-600 of both test and deca every cycle, minimum.

I notice my testical getting just a little smaller about week 7 or 8. I always do a ten week cycle with at least 4 weeks off, usuall 8 weeks off. If you take only 4 weeks off, use HCG only; you're testical will plump back up by the time you start your next cycle. If you're going to take more time off to let your receptors get clean or any other reason, follow the HCG with clomid.

Your sperm count will drop to near zero, but it will come back quickly once off the testosterone .

Hey Methusala,
    thanks for the response mate. So do you use TRT as a background to your cycling? That is, you're on low dose test all year and you also do intermittent cycles of higher dose test coupled to deca ?

How frequently have you had to employ the HCG ? I ask because I have read reports of over use (high doses or extended use) causing Leydig cell insensitivity to both future doses of HCG and to the bodies own LH.

Cheers.

Bump

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bump

Aah, the thread that died...seriously I do need some input on this and I know there are several guys on this board undergoing TRT - your advice would be appreciated. If you're shy about revealing anyhting in an open post then please PM or e-mail me and you have my word that it will be kept confidential.

Anybody?

Hey Pete - thanks for the repsponse mate. WHat did you mean by 'the first round of TRT'? Are you not staying on test indefinitely? Also, is the HCG being advised by your doc's? Also mate, what was your test intake like over those two months?

Again, if anything is sensitive I'll gladly take P.M's/e-mails and keep everything confidential.

Cheers.

bradbuck is offline New Member
    I am using hcg for T replacement. 500iu 3x a week T is 1100 the next day, average 300-1000. After 3 days it is around upper 600's. If you want children do not take T as the replacement as you may not be able to have any sperm production after a few years on it. HCG is cheap and many Dr's will prescribe it. I used androgel for a few months and noticed no testicular shrinkage. I know many men that use hcg long term at low dosages with no side effects. It is the high dosages for long term that reduce sensitivity, from what I have read.

Hi Bradbuck and thanks very much for your response mate. You wisely pre-empted my one concern with your HCG protocol - fear of desensitising the Leydig cells in my testes to both future HCG shots and to my bodies own LH.

I am certainly intrigued to know more about the protocol you're following. Do you have any further detail on it, maybe a link to articles etc? The more detailed the better. I recall Eugene Shippen's book mentioned it briefly but it's some years since I read it.

Thanks again for taking the time mate.

Dad6 - cheers for that mate. I think the US attitude to TRT is a bit more progressive than ours here in the UK. Good news for you guys. What dosing do they recommend for the HCG - 10 days at ??IU every day? Is the protocol through a GP or through an anti-ageing clinic (don't think we have those in the UK)

I'd also be interested to hear your history, i.e. why you presented for TRT in the first place, if that aint being too nosey mate

Thanks for your answer BTW, I do appreciate it. I think one of the unique things that attracted me to this board was the wealth of knowledge regarding TRT.
    Last edited by BigLad; 06-12-2002 at 01:28 PM.

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...tence&start=25

There is some good info on t replacement here. there are some protocols on june 8 that should help. Plus these guys are fairly up on the subject. Search that group and you will find quite a bit of info.

Sorry I could not get all the address.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

Go here and type in

alt.support.impotence

for the newsgroup then go to june 8.

Thanks mate, I'll take a look.

Hey Dad6 - six kids huh, no wonder you were fatigued Thanks very much for that. I appreciate your response.

Anybody else care to chip in with their experiences?
    Last edited by BigLad; 06-15-2002 at 11:47 AM.

Dad6 just thought of one more thing mate. You said you like the test but 'love' the HGH. How easy is it to differentiate between the effects of the two different drugs? Sorry to keep on haranguing you with more questions but I'm really interested in your experiences.

Cheers mate.

Dad6 - glad it's woking out so well for you. I always keep an eye out for Ironmasters posts actually - he's got a hell of a lot of experience in this game and truly looks the part - great physique.

Which book did you read on HgH mate?

Thread Information