Thread: nolva dosage..

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member

nolva dosage..

does bigger nolva dosage increase the recovery in PCT... mim guessing up to a point BUT what is the optimal dosage.. does 40 mg's a week offer any added ebenfit compared to 20 mg's for example? PPl with experience or knowledge onthe matter pls answer. .

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Done both, I really dont see much of a difference to be honest. I stick with 20mg ED for 6 weeks now (on average, 6 weeks is not a set time).

monstermasss is offline Associate Member
    i agree min 4 wks -5 wks total is great, to be safe go w/ nolva/clomid combo some good research companies are making it together i oral liquid and its great!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    does bigger nolva dosage increase the recovery in PCT... mim guessing up to a point BUT what is the optimal dosage.. does 40 mg's a week offer any added ebenfit compared to 20 mg's for example? PPl with experience or knowledge onthe matter pls answer. .
    High estrogen levels post cycle are certainly suppressive to the HPTA... so combating it is necessary to properly recover endogenous testosterone production. But I find Clomid loads are usually all that is necessary. It really depends on what kind of steroid cycles you do.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    From my experience and from what I've been told and read, anything over 20 mg a day is a waste.

thanks guys. To my understanding 20 mg should be enough also, just checking with ppl who have experience with both.. to warrior: but i dont think u will have very high estrogen during PCT (at least if u dont count the beginning), since estro is made from test and there is pretty much none circulating. Nolva actually raises blood estro levels to my understanding but it prevents the negative feedback to HPTA which we are trying to avoid, if zero est circulating would be the goal mayeb sumin like letro would be better..

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    thanks guys. To my understanding 20 mg should be enough also, just checking with ppl who have experience with both.. to warrior: but i dont think u will have very high estrogen during PCT (at least if u dont count the beginning), since estro is made from test and there is pretty much none circulating. Nolva actually raises blood estro levels to my understanding but it prevents the negative feedback to HPTA which we are trying to avoid, if zero est circulating would be the goal mayeb sumin like letro would be better..
    Right, Nolvadex doesn't directly effect estrogen levels but rather blocks estrogen from the receptors... not sure if this effect of combating estrogen would be of any true benefit post cycle. I have done it and I have not - and I can say I didn't really notice a major difference.

If you are looking for something to help with PCT recovery with the standard prescription of Clomid... my last PCT I tried rotating 5-day loads of Clomid with Metormin (here was the thread) - and that worked really well... apparently Metformin (or possibly Avandia) can help potentiate the effects of Clomid for inducing ovulation in women... based on clinical studies, "Nineteen of the 21 women (90 percent) who received metformin plus clomiphene ovulated... Two of the 25 women (8 percent) who received placebo plus clomiphene ovulated." I understand we don't use Clomid for ovulation but the same effect leads to quicker recovery of the HPTA...

yeah ive been wondering about that, since my pharmacology book only attributes the selective property to HPTA only to clomid, not nolva. There is also material that say nolva is more effective ni raising test levels so who knows.. this metformin thing is new to me.. how long do u need to run it and does it have any adverse effets to a person with normal insuline secretion / sensitivity?

i actually think that the hookers new PCT protocol seems really good (in paper at least).. any opinion on that?

Thread Information