Assapopolis is offline Junior Member

Thoughts on long term effects

Just wanted some opinions on the long term effects of AAS. You hear every now and then about so-and-so passing away from using AAS in the past.

I have been told that using any AAS will cause damage and you will die at a younger age.
    I have also been told that when used correctly with proper recovery times that AAS will not have long term effects on the heart, liver, etc.

Just wondering what some of you with more experience think.

Thanks in advance!!

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    only long term side effect I know of is that the shit works.

bigpopapump is offline Junior Member
    Research is the key and you could not research enough. There are alot of guys on here that have more information than a doctor has on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpopapump
    Research is the key and you could not research enough. There are alot of guys on here that have more information than a doctor has on this subject.
    That is why I am asking the guys on here. I don't believe half the **** I see on TV anymore.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    someone correct me if i am wrong here but i do not think there is a single case of anyone actually dying of steroid abuse ................if there is it may only be one or two if that.......................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    imho nothing can make us sure that we will not suffer from roids side effects on the long run doing pct doesnt mean that we will stay ok i belive that we r consuming our organs faster than any regular guy not using aas

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    someone correct me if i am wrong here but i do not think there is a single case of anyone actually dying of steroid abuse................if there is it may only be one or two if that.......................
    It's hard to say who dies from gear.

I guess if someone dies, we don't hear about it because they no longer post.

Seriously though, the only (very few) cases I have ever heard of where people die from steroids is always been indirectly.

A few people have commited suicide, but people do that anyways. I have also seen some people try to bench press 1000 lbs and get crushed but that was an indirect incedent as well.

I dont really sweat that shit anymore, most people bashing AAS use are the ones who arent even in the ****ing gym to begin with, fat and out of shape, eating McDonalds, and smoking. These are the ones telling us we are all going to die young, hahahaha. And you dont hear about people dropping dead left and right from steroids , I'm sorry but its just not happening. And the random person here or there who was on steroids and developed some sort of cancer or kidney trouble, lets say maybe every one out of ****ing one million, well who's to say it wasnt bound to happen anyways? Not every person running gear is indestructable, surely something is going to happen to somebody regardless. If you want my honest opinion on it, I think moderate steroid usage can help you live longer and healthier.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I dont really sweat that shit anymore, most people bashing AAS use are the ones who arent even in the ****ing gym to begin with, fat and out of shape, eating McDonalds, and smoking. These are the ones telling us we are all going to die young, hahahaha. And you dont hear about people dropping dead left and right from steroids, I'm sorry but its just not happening. And the random person here or there who was on steroids and developed some sort of cancer or kidney trouble, lets say maybe every one out of ****ing one million, well who's to say it wasnt bound to happen anyways? Not every person running gear is indestructable, surely something is going to happen to somebody regardless. If you want my honest opinion on it, I think moderate steroid usage can help you live longer and healthier.
    Church! Preach it my nigga!

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    It's hard to say who dies from gear.

I guess if someone dies, we don't hear about it because they no longer post.

Seriously though, the only (very few) cases I have ever heard of where people die from steroids is always been indirectly.

A few people have commited suicide, but people do that anyways. I have also seen some people try to bench press 1000 lbs and get crushed but that was an indirect incedent as well.
    yes mostly linked to other drug usage of some kind..................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Thanks all for the responses

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Most that abuse AAS also abuse other drugs too! Its those OTHER drugs that are at bigger issue.

MJ

bigpopapump is offline Junior Member
    I did hear that WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero died from Steriod abuse. I heard that the Steriods actually make your heart grow bigger and enlarge thus causing it to work harder. Just rumors though I dont know

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    The main side effects from AAS use are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, water retention, raised RBC count, and the shutdown of natural testosterone production. Note that all of these are temporary, and most people do not get all of these side effects. They are only an issue when guys do a lot of cycles over many years. If you take measures to treat these side effects (particularly high blood pressure and cholesterol), the long term effects of AAS should be minimal or non-existent.

Cornholio is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpopapump
    I did hear that WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero died from Steriod abuse. I heard that the Steriods actually make your heart grow bigger and enlarge thus causing it to work harder. Just rumors though I dont know
    Eddie had a bad drug habit and that stessed his heart. I don't remember if it was coke or what but it was not steriods .

Cornholio is offline Associate Member
    Plus I read that he had been drug free for months and that helped lead to his death. I guess the stress on his body from quiting.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    all i know is im going to live longer than those party hearty fat fux out there that drink them selves stupid every day and smoke cigs like its COOL
    plus i will look better
    plus im 5x stronger than them
    and i kan always blame it on roid rage

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    A risk-to-benefit ratio exists when using AAS... keeping use reasonable and specific to your needs is necessary. Long term effects of high dose use has little research behind it since we were pretty much abandoned by the medical community - the PHD's don't often conduct research on high dose AAS (>300-600mg per week) and prefer to ignore it's use as a performance enhancer since it was tabooed as a controlled substance by the law makers.

We can really only look at how each other ages and what were the patterns of use for those who age successfully and those who die young. There was an article on a guy who was in his late 60's who said he had been using for over 30 years and had the vitals of a somebody in their 30's... then there are others who have kidney failure or get cardiovascular disease... but complications associated with genetic deffects or other substance abuse must not be allowed to confuse the subject...

WilliamBailey is offline New Member
    Good post. Bump for more input.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    A risk-to-benefit ratio exists when using AAS... keeping use reasonable and specific to your needs is necessary. Long term effects of high dose use has little research behind it since we were pretty much abandoned by the medical community - the PHD's don't often conduct research on high dose AAS (>300-600mg per week) and prefer to ignore it's use as a performance enhancer since it was tabooed as a controlled substance by the law makers.

We can really only look at how each other ages and what were the patterns of use for those who age successfully and those who die young. There was an article on a guy who was in his late 60's who said he had been using for over 30 years and had the vitals of a somebody in their 30's... then there are others who have kidney failure or get cardiovascular disease... but complications associated with genetic deffects or other substance abuse must not be allowed to confuse the subject...

Well put.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Yeah, there are people out there with bad lifestyle practices who also use and abuse ass. Couple that with incorrect use, It's a bad combination. What do expect is going to happen to their health?

castertroy is offline Associate Member
    everything is alright, in moderation. dont abuse the aas and they wont kill u.

i know ppl who use blow every weekend and some that take worst stuff, i think i'll be alright compared to them. im dieting , exercising, dont smoke, dont really drink, im here til' the end.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio
    Plus I read that he had been drug free for months and that helped lead to his death. I guess the stress on his body from quiting.
    eddie had been rec drug-free for over 2 years prior to his death, but the damage had already been done. the steroids and likely GH (which apparently he started using just before his death) will not have helped, so ultimately, his heart couldnt take it anymore. as for WWE/WCW/PURORESU wrestlers dropping like flies, the media loves to blame steroids, but cocain was very popular amongst those circles, and the combo of coke and steroids is a very evil one

Thread Information