rob2525 is offline New Member

spot injection problem

hey, i was just wondering if anybody has had any problems when doing a spot injection in there bi, because i did my bi two days ago with half a amp of duratest in each bi, and this morning i woke up with 2 huge red circles one onf each of my arms, that looked like they traveled down my arm for the spot where i actualyl did the injection. Also the red circles hurt like crazy, they are sore to the touch. They also seem to kind of be growing and spreading more around my arm. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem before and what i should actually do? If anyone has any suggestions of help of any sort please feel free to help, thanks a lot.

....aseptic injection techiques?????

rob2525 is offline New Member
    well i dont no if i did them but i know that i used a brand new needle on each of the arms and it still did this, i feel as if today it isnt hurting as much like soreness but if u touch it it dont feel to good. other then the aseptic techniques u got ne other info for me??
    Last edited by rob2525; 05-28-2006 at 11:51 AM.

Always cleasing your injection site.
    Cleasing the top of your vial prior to drawing up your dose.
    Changing needles for bi-lat injections.
    ...along with some of the commomn sense techniques.

IMO keep an eye on the site for anymore swelling, redness, discoloration. If it starts to become very painful and your body temp elevates then there may be a cause for some concern. Hope all goes well and let us know.

Thread Information