Thread: Natural Limit?

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member

Natural Limit?

How do you know if/when you have reached your natural limit for holding LBM??

In truth theres no sign that tells you that you've reached your limit, and if youre talking about when to start taking juice, it all depends on how long youve been training, knowledge and if you feel you're ready for it.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ~fuelforfire~
    In truth theres no sign that tells you that you've reached your limit, and if youre talking about when to start taking juice, it all depends on how long youve been training, knowledge and if you feel you're ready for it.
    as long as the diet and training was "on" i would say when you no longer are able to put an ounce of muscle on!

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    as long as the diet and training was "on" i would say when you no longer are able to put an ounce of muscle on!
    Well sure you could say that, but when that happens just take a couple weeks off then come back, that does work too!

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate

LOVE the new avy Booz!!!......ROFLMAO

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Well sure you could say that, but when that happens just take a couple weeks off then come back, that does work too!
    That wouldn't work for me, nor would it work for a lot of the guys here.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob

1buffsob
    And why wouldnt that work? there is science behind this and i do it often.

you will reach a point where you will not put anymore muscle on your frame naturally mate,fat yes but not muscle...........

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

you will reach a point where you will not put anymore muscle on your frame naturally mate,fat yes but not muscle...........
    haha im not talking about that, we are talking about a large frame in age here too, im talking about 18-30ish, i cant really say for older than that.

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    LOVE the new avy Booz!!!......ROFLMAO
    That a mini Booz .......hope that's gonna be a follower.......

J/K..

Quote Originally Posted by Testostack
    That a mini Booz .......hope that's gonna be a follower.......

J/K..
    my lil Milly....................

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    yea i wish i new then what i know now i woulda focused more on diet and training to reach my natrual potential before gearing up
    past that point now tho so gearing up it is

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I got stuck at 5'7" 179lb natural,8%, so then at 30 yrs old I turned to AS. Very glad I had a good foundation, the gains now from AS are so worthwhile.

my lil Milly....................
    I hate children, except other's children, when their quiet....

But i gotta say your lil' Milly is so cute.....almost made me change my mind......damn it!

Congrats, Booz, Good job !

shes no 4 mate......the last one.....

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me

natural limit ?

he didnt say it wouldnt work bro...he said it wouldnt work for HIM or alot of other guys here.Meaning some guys like to go to the gym and dont like taking off.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Just wondering if "natural limit" has a basic rule of thumb that says the average guy 5-9 should reach his natural limit somewhere around XXXlbs LBM, or the average guy 6ft should hit between XXX-XXX range.

I know its all dependent on genetics.. but there must be a median or average range given one's height.

When you've tried evrything, changed your diet over and over, your training routine........if by resting and eating properly, you don't grow, maybe that mean you've reached your max...........jmo though

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    he didnt say it wouldnt work bro...he said it wouldnt work for HIM or alot of other guys here.Meaning some guys like to go to the gym and dont like taking off.
    Well that doesnt make sense to the response he gave me, because it still does work.

Well that doesnt make sense to the response he gave me, because it still does work.
    You telling me, that big ol' booz, or mean Mr. Pinn, or Ronnie fvcking Coleman, can take a couple weeks off of lifting and all of a sudden break their limit for developing LBM?

I'll say it again:

1buffsob

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    Just wondering if "natural limit" has a basic rule of thumb that says the average guy 5-9 should reach his natural limit somewhere around XXXlbs LBM, or the average guy 6ft should hit between XXX-XXX range.

I know its all dependent on genetics.. but there must be a median or average range given one's height.
    nope. no median or average for knowing when one reaches their genetic limit because it's [I]their[I] genetic limit. Everyones different bro.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    nope. no median or average for knowing when one reaches their genetic limit because it's [I]their[I] genetic limit. Everyones different bro.
    i agree, no set weight to determine it, one guy can be 6' 225 and barely workout and wouldnt be near his natural limit or at all ready for AS, when another guy could be 6' 190 and be at his limit after lifting for years. funny thing is that ive seen lots of people encourage guys that are naturally big wanting to know if they should do get on gear without even seeing their training exp or diet, etc...they just see there big so they think are ready . weight isnt the only determinant of ur natural limit

You telling me, that big ol' booz, or mean Mr. Pinn, or Ronnie fvcking Coleman, can take a couple weeks off of lifting and all of a sudden break their limit for developing LBM?

I'll say it again:

1buffsob
    Did you just compare Booz/ Pinn' to Big Ron???

Woooaowwww......that's one of hell compliment........for Coleman

chest6 is offline Banned
    Basically..and Im sure this has been said...is when you take in massive amts of cals..training is perfected and get plenty of sleep etc etc and you cannot put on anymore LBM..

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    There really isnt a natural limit for muscle growth per say. You will continue to gain as long as diet and training are spot on, of course with time gains will be slower in coming. Having said that the only real limiting factor is going to be a natural drop off of hormones as you enter you're late 30's early 40's.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah..I say that but Im pretty sure I am far from it..

Xprime is offline Banned
    You want to grow faster use anti catabolic and bigger then anabolic

Quote Originally Posted by Testostack
    Did you just compare Booz/ Pinn' to Big Ron???

Woooaowwww......that's one of hell compliment........for Coleman
    I know. I'm not sure Coleman deserves the honor, I was just throwing out names.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by Xprime
    You want to grow faster use anti catabolic and bigger then anabolic
    WTF did you just say?

1buffsob

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Ive done alot of research on the natural limit of LBM, it seems to vary between each individuals, as far as bodybuilding goes it seems you need to be hard intense training for many years switching training programs as you go, also a very good understanding in nutrition and how your own body responds to calories,

It does take many years of doing the above to keep producing gains but at some stage it does slow down drasticly and maintainace seems to be the only thing you can do, this varys widely between people.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Ive done alot of research on the natural limit of LBM, it seems to vary between each individuals, as far as bodybuilding goes it seems you need to be hard intense training for many years switching training programs as you go, also a very good understanding in nutrition and how your own body responds to calories,

It does take many years of doing the above to keep producing gains but at some stage it does slow down drasticly and maintainace seems to be the only thing you can do, this varys widely between people.
    If someones reach hes natrual limit after many years of hard training, and isnt able to put on another pound of LBM, no matter what he does. Then he do several cycles and put on about 25 pounds of muscle, over hes limit.

In your opinion, would he be able to keep that extra LBM long-term, if he never uses drugs again?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    If someones reach hes natrual limit after many years of hard training, and isnt able to put on another pound of LBM, no matter what he does. Then he do several cycles and put on about 25 pounds of muscle, over hes limit.

In your opinion, would he be able to keep that extra LBM long-term, if he never uses drugs again?
    Good question,
    Ive read studies on both sides stating the completely the opposite, as usual with all studies, i have trained a few Bodybuilders who train naturally for years to get a good solid base and then used AAS to push them past the natural sticking point, in a couple of theses people they only used 2 cycles and then stopped AAS completely,and in both cases they maintained all the new muscle what they grown with aas with diet and switching training programs,

In another one of theses cases ive known a BB who also trained for years naturally and then uses 2 cycles a year and then the following year takes nothing and a full year off, in this case he grows in the year he is cycling and maintains it in the off year without any muscle wastage,

I do know you can maintain muscle after AAS use for along time if the diet and training is in order and your taking many natural supplements but i don't know the time scale on this, suppose it depends on how his lifestyle is to bodybuilding and his commitment to it,

Ive seen studies saying both sides and that your body will go back down to its genetic limit but over what period i don't know, all i can give is experience in this area with some personal studies and in more or less alot of the cases they do hold onto the new muscle tissue if the lifestyle is the same as while on cycle, if your not going to train or eat like when your on cycle well no you wouldn't keep all gains, i feel food is alot to do with holding and maintaining muscle tissue and the training program,

Its a very hard one to answer because how do we know the comminment after he as stopped cycling is the same as while on? i would say you can but suppose it depends on how muscle muscle tissue your trying to hold onto, a guy who as done one cycle and put on a few lbs yeh of course he can but for someone who as been using for years and is holding alot of extra tissue id say no over time the muscle tissue will come down to a certain limit, otherwise MR O could maintain without AAS.

MMMhh...interesting post Marcus!

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    a natural limit would be the point to where you have reached a level of intesity of your workout that has been the mean sustainable summation of your abilities over long periods of time, combined with the maximum amount of protien you are able to injest along side the above sustained effort.

for a natural to break a plateua would mean Creatine,Glutamine, and extra proteins and vitamins

for the more advanced........

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Good question,
    Ive read studies on both sides stating the completely the opposite, as usual with all studies, i have trained a few Bodybuilders who train naturally for years to get a good solid base and then used AAS to push them past the natural sticking point, in a couple of theses people they only used 2 cycles and then stopped AAS completely,and in both cases they maintained all the new muscle what they grown with aas with diet and switching training programs,

In another one of theses cases ive known a BB who also trained for years naturally and then uses 2 cycles a year and then the following year takes nothing and a full year off, in this case he grows in the year he is cycling and maintains it in the off year without any muscle wastage,

I do know you can maintain muscle after AAS use for along time if the diet and training is in order and your taking many natural supplements but i don't know the time scale on this, suppose it depends on how his lifestyle is to bodybuilding and his commitment to it,

Ive seen studies saying both sides and that your body will go back down to its genetic limit but over what period i don't know, all i can give is experience in this area with some personal studies and in more or less alot of the cases they do hold onto the new muscle tissue if the lifestyle is the same as while on cycle, if your not going to train or eat like when your on cycle well no you wouldn't keep all gains, i feel food is alot to do with holding and maintaining muscle tissue and the training program,

Its a very hard one to answer because how do we know the comminment after he as stopped cycling is the same as while on? i would say you can but suppose it depends on how muscle muscle tissue your trying to hold onto, a guy who as done one cycle and put on a few lbs yeh of course he can but for someone who as been using for years and is holding alot of extra tissue id say no over time the muscle tissue will come down to a certain limit, otherwise MR O could maintain without AAS.
    Good post Marcus.

Thread Information