treating a small abscess with tetracyclene for the fish aquarium??

So my tricep is ****ing rocked right now, I think I may have got hold of some 500mg test e by mistake or something. Either way, I shot 1/2cc into my tri 2 nights ago, and now it's swollen really bad and turning a slight reddish color, it's clearly inflammed pretty bad. My freind knows alot of old school shit, and he's telling me to either get some Amoxicillan or Tetracyclene for the fish aquarium. So I got the tetracyclene and I'm going to take 1000mg/day for a few days. He says that Tetracyclene is Tetracyclene, regardless wether its for the fish aquarium or not. I cant help but wonder if this is safe. The box is pretty scary, it says "For Popeye, Gill diseases, and Fin and tail rot." Am I going to be ok? I guess I'll find out soon, I took 2 w/ lunch a few minutes ago.

Assapopolis is offline Junior Member
    Oh man, I hope it doesn't make you sick. I have no idea if it will work or not. Not a good idea to take something without knowing what it will do to you. Good luck, hope everything works out. Let us know what happens.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Well, at least it will cure your fin and tail rot... that's something.

Yes, tetracyclene is tetracyclene. Pharmaceutical grade drugs must pass higher levels of quality inspection than vet meds, is all. The problem will of course be deciding what your dosage should be. Oh, and another problem is what to do if the tetracyclene doesn't do the trick. There are SO many creepie crawlies out there that are resistant to the old-line antibiotics! Generally, I think a doc does a lot more with an abscess than simply hit you with antibiotics. He may lance and drain it, for instance. Do that yourself, or have a buddy do it, without training, and you might cause waaaaaaay serious problems. If I were you, if by the time you read this, you do not see some improvement or at least stabilization, I would get to an MD. Be straight up with him so he knows exactly what he is dealing with. It probably won't cost more than a couple hundred bucks to get this fixed right, which is cheaper than a prosthetic arm, or a funeral, or even a prolonged hospital stay. You simply should not diddle around when you have an abscess. It can get very very ugly and scary.

In the future, I hope you pay close attention to good, safe injection technique, and if your gear is from a dubious source, FILTER IT, or better yet, leave it alone.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    So my tricep is ****ing rocked right now, I think I may have got hold of some 500mg test e by mistake or something. Either way, I shot 1/2cc into my tri 2 nights ago, and now it's swollen really bad and turning a slight reddish color, it's clearly inflammed pretty bad. My freind knows alot of old school shit, and he's telling me to either get some Amoxicillan or Tetracyclene for the fish aquarium. So I got the tetracyclene and I'm going to take 1000mg/day for a few days. He says that Tetracyclene is Tetracyclene, regardless wether its for the fish aquarium or not. I cant help but wonder if this is safe. The box is pretty scary, it says "For Popeye, Gill diseases, and Fin and tail rot." Am I going to be ok? I guess I'll find out soon, I took 2 w/ lunch a few minutes ago.
    Very bad idea to self medicate when it comes to antibiotics...Amoxicillan will kill you if you're allergic to Penecillin (like me)...Also, you dont know how to choose the appropriate anti-biotic for the given infection...I had a staph infection in my FACE a while back and started myself on some Bactrim for 7 days, and it was getting WORSE! So I had to goto the doc and he put me on a really high dose of anti-biotics for 2 weeks. Clenadamyacin... You're not an MD and you dont know which anti-biotics are good for zapping you're specific infection. In my case Bactrim was very weak for staph infections...Also, you run the risk of familiarizing your infection with a weaker anti-biotic and therefore helping it to become resistant to stronger ones. Bad Bad idea...Stop the tetracycline now and goto your doc...Thats my advice from personal experience..

thanks for the advice guys. So far so good, I took it a couple hours ago and I'm feeling fine. I've had things in the past that severely swole an area up or inflammed it(specifically 500 mg test e, which is what I think I got by mistake), in most cases things like this will subside themselves over a few days unless it becomes severe. The redness has gone away a little bit, I'm going to take 1000mg/day of the tetracyclene for a couple days and see if it does the trick. Here are a couple pics to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. One pic is what my normal arm looks like, the other is of the inflammed one(tattooed arm) For those considering test e 500mg, I'd highly advise against it, I'm almost positive that's what this is from, nasty stuff) The stuff is made by a lab called chem***s, the label claims its 350mg test e/prop blend. Whatever it is, it's ****ing garbage and I trashed the shit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails treating a small abscess with tetracyclene for the fish aquarium??-arm-abscess-001.jpg   treating a small abscess with tetracyclene for the fish aquarium??-arm-abscess-002.jpg   treating a small abscess with tetracyclene for the fish aquarium??-arm-abscess-003.jpg  

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I have used tetracyclene form fish stores. My friend owned one in L.A. Worked fine. However, there are different antibotics for different bacteria. Hope you got the one that works. If you don't see results you are going to have to get the right antibotic.

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Use some cool pack to help with swolen,it going to help a lot...!

Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    I have used tetracyclene form fish stores. My friend owned one in L.A. Worked fine. However, there are different antibotics for different bacteria. Hope you got the one that works. If you don't see results you are going to have to get the right antibotic.

Yeah, honestly I dont think this is going to develop into an abscess, I think it's just inflammed really bad right now, but the tetra @ 1000mg/day is what I'm going to run for 2 days, if it doesnt go down to some degree I may up the dose of it. Thanks for the response, at least now I feel a little better about it knowing that others have done this as well

bump

Cornholio is offline Associate Member
    Don't do it. It is for Popeye.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Just as a complete aside, I remember reading that in the weeks after 9/11 special forces soldiers were buying up all the antibiotics and other useful drugs from pet and livestock stores near their bases before they were deployed to Afghanistan. Apparently this was far faster and easier than getting it through official channels. Since they were unsure how long they would be in the field, they wanted to make sure they had their own personal medkit.
    This practice got to be so common that the DoD started warning against it in press releases like this.

Really though, if you really think you have an abcess, just pay the few hundred dollars proper treatment might cost you without insurance. Your health is worth it, and you won't have to worry about scarring, possible amputation, or huge medical bills.

Thread Information