d-code is offline Junior Member

drinking on a cycle

is it ok to drink while on a cycle. if so how much?worried that all the hard work i put in for the week might be ruined.i only had five beers tonight.thanks for the help

industywetrusty is offline Associate Member
    Haha I drank a shit load on my cycle wasnt the best for my liver, but I tired to quick, problem was I was in southern florida an there are alot of clubs and shit here like free drinks at have these places, everyone has told me its not good to drink on a cycle... I still gained 20 pounds on my last cycle...

bigbrad2985 is offline New Member
    u know drinking isn't good for you, but i cant talk i do it once and a while

ACAZORES is offline Member
    NO. I live in Azores and my friend is a deportie from usa his name is Paul Faria he was 1997 NPC Mr New England he used to work as a securaty in a hoes house he just lost his job this week for drinking while on a cycle, he was having lots of roid rages .

BigUno is offline Associate Member
    ive always wondered if drinking had negative effects on doin a cycle

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    It's not ok to drink at all. Drinking will hinder gaines. Besides it's no good for you.

one8nine is offline Banned
    why risk it? the work the money and your liver is it worth it to stay straight for 8-16 weeks?

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Definitely not good for you liver to be drinking during a cycle.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    to the guys saying its ok to drink or you have to at least once in a while are COMPLETELY wrong.. no need to drink on cycle bro..

alcohol can promote estrogen and is very hard on the liver

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    this question has been beaten more than rodney king. is there that many of you this dependent on alcohol that there's a need to drink while training?!

it's real sad that this is the most commonly asked question on boards that i see. for the sake of your training, gains, and health, find other things to do for fun than drink. i go out every weekend and i don't need to drink. there are plenty of other things to do. hit the beach, go jetskiing (rent one), play pool, the movies, strip club (they sell water too ya know) and plenty more.

i've gotten in debates time and time again with people trying to justify drinking, and frankly i'm a little sick of hearing their excuses, cause that's all they are. training and gear is about achieving new levels and rising above. drinking is usually about releasing stress or inhibitions with intoxication, and no good can come of it.

drinking in moderation won't completely kill your gains, but it's all about where your priorities are. drinking will inhibit protein synthesis, increase estrogen levels AND aromatization, dehydrate muscles, increase cortisol, and the most commonly known effect is liver damage. it's up to you, but i'd rather not bother. off cycle, i'll drink maybe once or twice a month on the weekends but on a cycle, never have and never will. this is coming from someone who is not only a personal trainer, but a flair bartender as well.

Vial is offline Associate Member
    If you made a conscious decision to take gear then you must be willing to make sacrifices in order to succeed in your primary goal… Go big or go home.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    priorities..............which is more important to you??

shouldnt be even asking this questions

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    It isn't a big deal if you have the odd drink or 2 while on cycle, that won't hinder your gains. However, 5 beers is excessive. There's a big difference between having one drink and going out to the bar and getting drunk though, which isn't something that you should be doing.

swedes is offline Associate Member
    As long as you are not missing meals and you drink a lot of water it won't be a huge deal. When people say it increases estrogen that is BS-a 500mg of test will increase estrogen 50x more. And for the liver-people who do orals and tren and winni-they are 10x worsen for your liver than drinking-drinking a few times a month will not increase liver values.
    Try vodka/water/lime-that is the best one.
    I have a feeling a lot of people on this board look in the mirror for fun on Saturday night. And yes I know their are other ways of having fun.

eberasain is offline Associate Member
    i am on my fist cycle and i drink a lot every weekend. from south florida as well; eventhough, i have now gained 20 pounds i feel that it has hindered my gains and my endurance. drink a lot of water the next day and don't forget to wake up and eat in the morning...

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    I have the odd 4 or 5 beers on a Sat. night during cycle. Not every weekend mind you. Estrogen? I can't see it causing enough. Especially if you are taking some Arimidex IMO. 12 beers every other day? Then you have a problem with your liver combined with the AS.

I tend to drink more than I should during PCT. Guess it just builds up waiting to go out for a crazy night.

Really depends on your goals. If you are training to compete, then never drink. If you just train to look huge and scary (as I bet 80% of the guys on here) have a few beers.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    stupid question which deserves a stupid answer...

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Whoever said its not abig deal or it is ok ....man you guys either have to look deeper in to it or your in denial(I dont mean this as an offense or apersonal shot at anyone).....While on a cycle your liver enzymes go up so you're saying lets bring them up some with liquor lOL...OK

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    There's only 2 reasons to ever consume liquor.

1. The orals/hormones you take are suspended in Everclear or 151.

2. The occasional glass of red wine. (This is directed at Tai.)

If you're serious about bb, you're not gonna drink. Especially while on cycle.

1buffsob

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Not everybody on here that does gear is or wants to be a bodybuilder. Most do it for recreation purposes..if you wanna drink on cycle, its up to you. I wouldnt over do it b/c thats just not a good idea anytime, but a night out drinking with your boys isnt the end of the world. I'll admit it, I drink on most weekends with my friends or my girl. I get bloodwork done all the time b/c my girl is a med tech and she tests my blood for free whenever I want.

Everyone should reread what Ascedant wrote!...... I myself am a recovering alcoholic, have not had a drink in a year and two months. It all started out as fun and games........sooner or later if you keep it up you will have to pay the price. I lost my wife "a very powerful attorney and hot at that" my businesses my dog and everything that was important to me. Since I have given up drinking everything in my life has increased 10 fold. I now have more money more women and most important God in my life! I used to drink because it made me feel bulletproof, I will let you in on a secret the trick is "to feel bulletproof when your not drinking."

I'm bulletproof sounds like a few other that have writen are as well!!

fanatic is offline Member
    If youre gonna take the time to put gear into your body you should disciplined enough not to drink. Go herbal, its what I do. lol Seriously, drinking while on gear is just a waste IMO.

Chipper Jones78 is offline Junior Member
    Have to agree with most of the bros here, DONT DRINK while on.

If you must and feel pressured, drink Vodka, least amount of calories via alcohol, have a greyhound (grapfruit/vodka) or cranberyy/vodka

My .02 cents

Although, summer is upon us and it's hard, but its also called discipline

Chip

Quote Originally Posted by bringndaheat
    Everyone should reread what Ascedant wrote!...... I myself am a recovering alcoholic, have not had a drink in a year and two months. It all started out as fun and games........sooner or later if you keep it up you will have to pay the price. I lost my wife "a very powerful attorney and hot at that" my businesses my dog and everything that was important to me. Since I have given up drinking everything in my life has increased 10 fold. I now have more money more women and most important God in my life! I used to drink because it made me feel bulletproof, I will let you in on a secret the trick is "to feel bulletproof when your not drinking."

I'm bulletproof sounds like a few other that have writen are as well!!
    thanks bro, and good to hear things are going better for you now.

Quote Originally Posted by swedes
    As long as you are not missing meals and you drink a lot of water it won't be a huge deal. When people say it increases estrogen that is BS-a 500mg of test will increase estrogen 50x more. And for the liver-people who do orals and tren and winni-they are 10x worsen for your liver than drinking-drinking a few times a month will not increase liver values.
    I have a feeling a lot of people on this board look in the mirror for fun on Saturday night. And yes I know their are other ways of having fun.
    and this kind of mentality is what will get you a body like you have. if you want to be one of the few elite that rises above the norm, you have to drop the drinking. look at where you and the others who think drinking are ok are at and look at where those of us who don't drink are and i can assure you there's a difference.

also, where did you get your numbers from? you're completely off and seemed to have simply made these numbers up. 500mg of test will not even remotely raise your estrogen "50x more" than a typical drinker. also, the test will be boosting up testosterone and estrogen. the drinking will decrease test and increase estrogen which is not a favorable combo. if you truly believe what you said then why is it that people who drink a lot have huge "beer bellies" (aka excess estrogen causing fat deposits) and people taking gear (without anti-e's) just usually have excess water weight? answer is you're wrong on those numbers.

as far as orals, who said you had to do oral gear? i never touch it cause of the alkylation. you're trying to justify drinking by attacking gear, which is what drinkers typically do and you need to realize that gear has medicinal purposes, drinking has absolutely no medical use whatsoever. due to that fact and many other factors, you won't hold out with that excuse.

additionally, you failed to address the issues of alcohol inhibiting protein synthesis, which it can do for up to 48 hours after the consumption of alcohol. you also failed to address the issues of alcohol dehydrating your body and dramatically increasing cortisol levels. the only things you mentioned was the things you thought you could bs on, and i'm calling it out as i know without question that the information you provided is innacurate.

if you think we're at home on a sat night simply because we don't drink, you need to open your eyes and take a look at the world around you that doesn't revolve around alcohol for fun. while you're out getting drunk and doing things you'll regret in the morning cause of it you go ahead and convince yourself that's the way it should be. whatever helps you sleep at night. however, i find hitting the beach/pool, jetskiing, playing pool/darts, hitting a local arcade center for games or bowling, hanging out on the beach with a bonfire and some friends at night, hitting a hottub, having a wild night of swinging sex, and plenty of other things to do to keep myself occupied. you can keep your drinking, i have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    Not everybody on here that does gear is or wants to be a bodybuilder. Most do it for recreation purposes..if you wanna drink on cycle, its up to you. I wouldnt over do it b/c thats just not a good idea anytime, but a night out drinking with your boys isnt the end of the world. I'll admit it, I drink on most weekends with my friends or my girl. I get bloodwork done all the time b/c my girl is a med tech and she tests my blood for free whenever I want.
    not sure what kind of "recreational" purposes gear serves, but i only advise people to use them if they're serious about their goals. to drink while on gear shows you're not and goes against my principles.

regardless of wanting to be a bodybuilder or whatever your reason is for doing gear, i should hope someone willing to stick a pin in themselves would dedicate themselves to what they're doing.

like i've said before, off cycle if someone wants to have a few drinks here and there, whatever. but on a cycle i believe is a very bad idea and a point where a person needs to reasess their goals and consider what's more important, a night of beligerent drinking or their training goals.

again i must ask why do people feel such a need to have to drink???

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    well its a social thing....i drink, i love my miller lite...but only on weekends on the nights i have off.....BUT now that im on my SD cycle......no cervecas for me, no bueno

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Wanna do the best thing?

Heres an idea: DON'T DRINK AT ALL

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    this question has been beaten more than rodney king. is there that many of you this dependent on alcohol that there's a need to drink while training?!

it's real sad that this is the most commonly asked question on boards that i see. for the sake of your training, gains, and health, find other things to do for fun than drink. i go out every weekend and i don't need to drink. there are plenty of other things to do. hit the beach, go jetskiing (rent one), play pool, the movies, strip club (they sell water too ya know) and plenty more.

i've gotten in debates time and time again with people trying to justify drinking, and frankly i'm a little sick of hearing their excuses, cause that's all they are. training and gear is about achieving new levels and rising above. drinking is usually about releasing stress or inhibitions with intoxication, and no good can come of it.

drinking in moderation won't completely kill your gains, but it's all about where your priorities are. drinking will inhibit protein synthesis, increase estrogen levels AND aromatization, dehydrate muscles, increase cortisol, and the most commonly known effect is liver damage. it's up to you, but i'd rather not bother. off cycle, i'll drink maybe once or twice a month on the weekends but on a cycle, never have and never will. this is coming from someone who is not only a personal trainer, but a flair bartender as well.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by swedes
    LMAO@ your arguments.

You do realise we're talking about drinking on cycle right?

Thus alcohol + aromatising steroid = Suzie Home-maker's level of estrogen

and

alcohol + hepatoxic steroid = even higher enzymatic activity right?

You do also know that Alcohol increases oxidative damage etc.

Drinking on cycle is a bad idea... period.

and you DO realise that tren isn't hepatoxic right?

Amusing diatribe

Narkissos

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    What's being a bodybuilding have to do with anything?

It simply is not healthy to practise drinking on cycle...

If health means nothing to these guys.. what does?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper Jones78
    Have to agree with most of the bros here, DONT DRINK while on.

If you must and feel pressured, drink Vodka, least amount of calories via alcohol, have a greyhound (grapfruit/vodka) or cranberyy/vodka

My .02 cents

Although, summer is upon us and it's hard, but its also called discipline

Chip
    If you 'must' and feel 'pressured' then you have a substance abuse problem.. and should seek rehabilitation.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    and this kind of mentality is what will get you a body like you have. if you want to be one of the few elite that rises above the norm, you have to drop the drinking. look at where you and the others who think drinking are ok are at and look at where those of us who don't drink are and i can assure you there's a difference.

also, where did you get your numbers from? you're completely off and seemed to have simply made these numbers up. 500mg of test will not even remotely raise your estrogen "50x more" than a typical drinker. also, the test will be boosting up testosterone and estrogen. the drinking will decrease test and increase estrogen which is not a favorable combo. if you truly believe what you said then why is it that people who drink a lot have huge "beer bellies" (aka excess estrogen causing fat deposits) and people taking gear (without anti-e's) just usually have excess water weight? answer is you're wrong on those numbers.

as far as orals, who said you had to do oral gear? i never touch it cause of the alkylation. you're trying to justify drinking by attacking gear, which is what drinkers typically do and you need to realize that gear has medicinal purposes, drinking has absolutely no medical use whatsoever. due to that fact and many other factors, you won't hold out with that excuse.

additionally, you failed to address the issues of alcohol inhibiting protein synthesis, which it can do for up to 48 hours after the consumption of alcohol. you also failed to address the issues of alcohol dehydrating your body and dramatically increasing cortisol levels. the only things you mentioned was the things you thought you could bs on, and i'm calling it out as i know without question that the information you provided is innacurate.

if you think we're at home on a sat night simply because we don't drink, you need to open your eyes and take a look at the world around you that doesn't revolve around alcohol for fun. while you're out getting drunk and doing things you'll regret in the morning cause of it you go ahead and convince yourself that's the way it should be. whatever helps you sleep at night. however, i find hitting the beach/pool, jetskiing, playing pool/darts, hitting a local arcade center for games or bowling, hanging out on the beach with a bonfire and some friends at night, hitting a hottub, having a wild night of swinging sex, and plenty of other things to do to keep myself occupied. you can keep your drinking, i have better things to do.

co-signed

~Narkissos

Thread Information