smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Should i quit my cycle?!

I went to the Dr. todays because i got injured on tuesday at the gym where i missed the hook on the smith bar and 325 lbs dropped down suddenly over stretching my tendons. any how the D.r said there are no tears but the tendons are over stretched and i need 3-4 weeks away from the working out shoulders chest and Biceps, my question is i'm in my 7th week of my 20 weeks cycle. should i quit it?

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    DAMNNN Sorry to hear that bro. that is a tough call. could go either way. can you do anything at the gym like legs or something else??

Blog Entries
    i thought of doing legs and some back and even start working out completely in 2 weeks but light weights, i also thought of getting some IGF-1 LR3 to strengthen my tendons and speed up recovery, but i'm still confused about what to do.

industywetrusty is offline Associate Member
    Your in a tough spot... I am not sure but I have been told that by liftin legs you still gain upper body strength, I jus do what you can I am curious to see what others have to say sorry I wasnt more help, if it were me though I would finish off the cycle, see if my injury got better...I would keep dieting well too
    Last edited by industywetrusty; 06-08-2006 at 10:39 PM.

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    well i always go by.. if it hurts dont do it.. so it really depends on how bad its hurting you. but i would give it the full recovery time the doctor stated.

dianasaur is offline New Member
    I'd say to try to stick with it if possible, and try to adapt your workouts accordingly. Stay heavy with bodyparts that aren't affected (back, legs it sounds like) and switch to more machine exercises with light weight for bodyparts that put stress on the tendons.

On the first day (what luck) of my cycle I strained the tendon that connects your forearm to your bicep pretty badly going overboard on dumbbell curls, and a lot of med websites suggested the standard "3-4 weeks off, ice, rest, advil, etc." But instead I got creative with my exercises, took a lot of Advil, stretched constantly between sets, and now in Week 7 my arm is 90% healed. Bench press hurt a lot at first, so I switched to machine presses and machine flies. By Week 5 I was back to bench, and strength was through the roof. Bi's hurt a lot, so I took it really easy there, doing light weight and I'm still not back to heavy weight for biceps. But my arms have grown noticably just from hitting the rest of my body hard and still getting in some light bicep sets.

My attitude was, with the help of AAS, if you eat a ton and train most of your major body parts hard (legs, back in your case) body parts like bi's and shoulders will still grow from doing lighter weight with impeccable form. Worked for me, good luck making your decision!

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    This is just my opinion, take it as you will....

I would stay on and work out what I could while you heal. I think it would be much harder on your body to come off gear, recover, then get back on gear again supressing your body. You still might get a small bit of growth during that 3 or 4 weeks off. Not to mention, you probably dont want to stay away from the gym during your PCT either.

And this is just a theory, if Im wrong please chime in, but I doubt you want your body shut down while its trying to heal from an injury.

Blog Entries
    thx bros. any other opinions?

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    damn, 7 weeks in, I think i would go with it still. You could probly recover faster than the doc says but, still, be careful. HGH would probly be of little use at this point I would think, I have always thought it to be used for long amounts of time, typiclly before the anabolics are administered.

**sorry, I missed thaqt you said IGF not HGH

love 2 lift is offline Associate Member
    Stay on bro! Just do what doesnt' bother you in the gym.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    I went to the Dr. todays because i got injured on tuesday at the gym where i missed the hook on the smith bar and 325 lbs dropped down suddenly over stretching my tendons. any how the D.r said there are no tears but the tendons are over stretched and i need 3-4 weeks away from the working out shoulders chest and Biceps, my question is i'm in my 7th week of my 20 weeks cycle. should i quit it?

sh_t bro... that sucks. you cant lift at all? not even really light weights?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    sh_t bro... that sucks. you cant lift at all? not even really light weights?
    at this moment it hurts to grab my car's door to close it.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    Listen to the doctor but stay on because it will help assist in the healing of the injury. Also when the dr says 4 weeks...well he doesnt know you are on steroids ... translate that to 2 weeks and you should be healed adequately by then. Maintain your other exercises to unaffected areas and maintain your diet. The couple to 3 week time off does need to cancel your cycle or set you back that bad.

i personlay would stop, you don't wanna do any more damage. If you could barly close your car door, i wouldn't risk it.... save the rest of your gear till your better, and start a new cycle.... thats what i would do

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    That is a hard call. If it was me i would stay on my cycle and give it 1 week. Then after that week i would see how i felt. If at that time i did not have any pain i would doa light set. No pain stay on cycle if there is any pain quit and start pct.

That sucks bro.

Blog Entries
    thanx alot guys, i'm just gonna stay on my cycle, and rest for 2 weeks then try if it's bad still. then i got to quit.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    That sux Smoke, hope you heal fast bro-

juiceman619 is offline Banned
    seeing as most guys have small legs in comparison to their upper bodies...yes, even on these forums...i would keep up the cycle and train legs HARD. then post some before and after pics and give all of us some motivation to do some squats! 13 weeks to go! good luck dude. sorry to hear that.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd try and train other body parts harder now. Work the legs, ect. Maybe throw in some cardio and cut some bf%? Seven weeks is alittle long to just call it quits imo. Stick it out for another week, and see how it goes.

Blog Entries
    thanx for all the support guys, i appreciate it.

Thread Information