redsox184 is offline New Member

23, athlete, first cycle

Well I have been creeping around the forum for a week or so and figured it was time for me to join. I am looking to start a cycle for the first time and I believe I need some sound advice, and from the looks of it, I can find it here. With that being said, I will try to give all the background info necessary and not be ignorant. Basically I am a college athlete recovering from a torn MCL and just getting out of physical therapy. I have been back in the gym for about a month and I am frustrated and feel like half a man. A good friend of mine who has done a few cycles and is in great shape recommended I start off w/ just Deca alone, and from reading the forums it is pretty clear that is not a good idea. I certainly don't want/need "deca dick", especially with summer starting. From what I have read I should add some test, and was wondering what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

- 23 years old, 5' 10", 175 lbs, around 12% bf (not where I should be)
    - have been lifting religously since beginning of high school (except when injuries stopped me, like the last 6 months)
    - I eat super-clean
    - looking to get back to where I was at my strongest while still being able to burn fat from cardio

I hope I have put enough, or not too much for that matter; just very important to me. Chomping at the bit to see what you guys have to say. Thanks.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Well, you are just at the edge of being a bit too young, but it sounds like you have a good foundation already.

Most everyone on here will agree that First Cycles are best if they are made of one compound. A single Ester Test to be specific, Although in your case, the deca MIGHT help with the recovery of your torn MCL, I don't think I would recomend it on your first cycle

A 12 week cycle of Test E or Test Cyp along with Proper PCT and of coarse Diet and training, should give you great gains!!

Adding only one compound at a time to each cycle will give you the best chance at being able to accuratly judge how your body is reacting to the compound and its side effects on you. If you react well to Test E or C, then the next cycle you can use Test E or C and build off of that with the Deca

Hope this helps

WELCOME TO AR

SMAN,
    Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. I understand that most people here on the forum don't think it's a good idea to use Deca on the first cycle, why is that? I would really like to use it because of its potential help w/ my knee. Also, I know absolutely nothing about test, but from what I have read, with some kinds you have to take ancillary drugs and some you do not. I barely even understand what this means, so if you have a minute, could you explain this? I am definitely not going to do anything until I understand it fully, but the gear is looking up at me from my drawer and taunting me....killin' me.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    Well, you are just at the edge of being a bit too young, but it sounds like you have a good foundation already.

Most everyone on here will agree that First Cycles are best if they are made of one compound. A single Ester Test to be specific, Although in your case, the deca MIGHT help with the recovery of your torn MCL, I don't think I would recomend it on your first cycle

A 12 week cycle of Test E or Test Cyp along with Proper PCT and of coarse Diet and training, should give you great gains!!

Adding only one compound at a time to each cycle will give you the best chance at being able to accuratly judge how your body is reacting to the compound and its side effects on you. If you react well to Test E or C, then the next cycle you can use Test E or C and build off of that with the Deca

Hope this helps

WELCOME TO AR
    I agree with SMAN!

But I'd add to that, spend some time here reading, researching and learning about technique (drawing and shooting), what to expect (kick-in times, sides, etc.), choosing ancillaries, proper PCT (what to use and when).

My point is, "take your time". It will heighten your experience and better prepare you. As you read you'll be amazed at the number of avoidable (with a little preparation) emergency threads that pop up.

Again welcome,

M.

REDSOX, as I said above, the main reason is :

SO, I wouldnt' suggest it for a first cycle. HOWEVER, you may be able to get away with a LOW dose every week to help with the recovery. Maybe 100-200mgs/week ONLY While on TEST.

Deca is SUPRESSIVE and will shut down your Natty test in a hurry. That is why Test is always a base in any cycle.
    What you need to be careful of is that though you MAY feel like you are recovered, DO NOT push yourself too hard as you could re-injure your tendons because of the strength gains.

Make sure you research and understand the importance of PCT and that you have EVERYTHING before you even consider starting your cycle. NEVER start a cycle with the assumption that your other stuff will arrive IN TIME..... too many factors involved that could delay a delivery.

Good luck and keep reading and keep us posted on yoru progress

Jesus you guys are great....if only some of my professors were this helpful. Magic, I am definitely going to take my time with this. In fact, I have been very anti in the past, but the combination of this MCL tear and research has made me change my mind. The only real question I have now, and I hope it is appropriate, is about getting the test. Are there any alternatives to test? If not, is Sust what I am looking for? My good friend has a source that he claims has 100% success, and he has used numerous times in the past. If prompted I will give you the name of this online place. I am a little hesitant because I plan on joining the military upon graduation, and don't want to do anything to jeopardize that. Forgive my naivety.....I will be reading in the meantime. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox184
    Jesus you guys are great....if only some of my professors were this helpful. Magic, I am definitely going to take my time with this. In fact, I have been very anti in the past, but the combination of this MCL tear and research has made me change my mind. The only real question I have now, and I hope it is appropriate, is about getting the test. Are there any alternatives to test? If not, is Sust what I am looking for? My good friend has a source that he claims has 100% success, and he has used numerous times in the past. If prompted I will give you the name of this online place. I am a little hesitant because I plan on joining the military upon graduation, and don't want to do anything to jeopardize that. Forgive my naivety.....I will be reading in the meantime. Thanks again.

OK, Sust is a bad idea for many reasons for your first cycle.
    #1 It has 4 different esters that you will have to contend with
    #2 Due to the shorter esters, it will be necessary to inject EOD

You are MUCH better off with TEST Enanthate , or Test Cypionate they are longer acting esters and only need shot twice a week

You can read up on ALL the drug profiles here in the "Drug Profile" Forum
    Also, the book advertised here is a GREAT thing to own!!!

Thread Information