diver is offline New Member

How bad was your shutdown? AND my first cycle results (pics)

Hi folks,
    I'm 5 days into my pct after a 10 week Sustanon /Deca /D-bol cycle:
    Wk 1 -4 30mg D-bol/day
    Wk 1 - 10 Sustanon 500mgwk/EOD injections
    wk 1 - 9 Deca Durabolin 150mg/wk

My PCT:
    At 8 days post last sustanon injection I used HCG at 750iu, and also at day 10 post last injection I used HCG at 750iu to increase my slight testicular atrophy. In total I used only 1500iu of HCG and saw my testicles resume their normal size, position (hung lower) and hardness within 5 days.
    7 days post last sustanon injection I began 20mg/day of Nolvadex (tablet) up until day 21 post last injection where i continued with:
    Days 1 - 7 100mg/day Clomid 40mg/day Nolva
    Days 8 - 21 50mg /day Clomid 20mg/day Nolva
    So in effect my PCT will be 37 days in total, rather than the normal 21 days.

Whilst I was on cycle I noticed that my sex drive went through the roof and I could last significantly longer during sexual intercourse before reaching orgasm; however, at day 18 post last sustanon injection I noticed my natural self coming back in the bedroom....I could not last as long off cycle than I could on cycle, and my orgasms were not as strong as they were on cycle but still great all the same.
    Anyway, the point I want to make is this....does this mean that I have recovered extremely well from my 1st cycle, thus suffereing no shut down at all?
    I want to know what you guys experience post cycle i.e, how bad is your shut down, and when do you consider yourself recovered (excluding blood work results) i.e, when does your libido recover and is this a gradual process or sudden?
    I'd really appreciate your comments on shutdown, as I feel so would others especially newbies to using aas like myself with so many questions.

My Stats:
    Training experience 1 year (1996)
    1st aas cycle (this one, commenced March 10th 2006)
    age 34
    6"1"
    First class diet: chicken breast/lean beef/whey protein etc
    One day on training, one day off regime. 1 full week rest at week 11
    weight before cycle was 81.3 kg
    weight post cycle is 91.2kg

Strength gains were incredible. My physique (especially upper region) began to change from about week 2 and continued growing until week 10. I noticed my chest/back/shoulders/neck/traps gain the most in size, with my arms lagging behind but not out of proportion. At around week 6 I had people saying "hey you've been hitting the gym". Now I here "Gee Steve look at the size of you".

My weight today (5 days post start of 21 day pct) is 89.3kg. Immediatley after my last injection I began lowering calories, maintaining high protien intake, and including cardio so this will explain the weight loss from my belly where it was a bit fat due to massive calorie intake during cycle. Obviously I will have lost some water weight from the test in Sustanon).

To finish off, I'm well impressed with the changes I've made to my physique and the choice of cycle i took.

I will attempt to post some before/after pictures. I apologise if they are not posted, I aint a computer wiz kid.

Diver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How bad was your shutdown?-sharm-el-sheikh-march-2006-064.jpg   How bad was your shutdown?-week-10-013.jpg   How bad was your shutdown?-week-10-012.jpg  
    Last edited by diver; 06-11-2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Title was incorrect

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    The deca was a waste, and you were no where near ready to cycle. But, decent gains nonetheless.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    The deca was a waste, and you were no where near ready to cycle. But, decent gains nonetheless.

1buffsob
    I totally disagree with your comment and here is why....

Since this was my first cycle i wanted to keep it fairly simple (thats what everyone on this forum recommends for newbies). The reason behind the low Deca dose was purely to give my dodgy left knee (anterior and posterior cruciate ligament rebuild in 2001) stability whilst training hard on the cycle... Deca is well known for making joints supportive due to water build up in joint areas. The 150mg/wk of Deca worked well for me, and I noticed that my left knee instability returned approximatley 3 weeks after my last (Sust) injection.

I was ready to cycle.....check out the results. A little fat on the belly pre and post cycle for sure, but that can soon be shifted with diet and cardio. It is true that before this cycle I had not trained since 1996 where I made only minimal gains naturally (no aas) during this training period (training/diet/rest etc all ok). I started training on the same day I started my cycle, I already knew how to train/diet and I have a biological science degree so I know a bit on how the body works. I have read many threads recommending newbies not start aas until they are well trained in the gym and low body fat...Well I disagree!!!!! For sure if you have too much fat that would need looking at, but c'mon a small pot belly on a skinny man like me...did this harbour my gains? NO it didnt, and I think the attached pictures speak for themselves.

And to be honest I cut my cycle short from 12 weeks to a 10 week cycle because I was growing too big, too fast and I did'nt want to be accused of taking steroids by family/friends/clients which was beginning to happen.

Cheers anyway dude,
    Diver.
    Last edited by diver; 06-11-2006 at 06:53 PM.

So folks...how bad was your shut down? How long did it take until you felt recovered?

cheers,
    Diver.

suckysucky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diver
    . Immediatley after my last injection I began lowering calories, maintaining high protien intake, and including cardio so this will explain the weight loss from my belly where it was a bit fat due to massive calorie intake during cycle.
    Diver.
    I know this doesn't answer your question but personally I wouldn't lower my calories at all during PCT. Worry about shedding the extra fat afterwards when you retained as much mass as possible. If your really worried about the extra fat look into including clen in your PCT. Peace.

Thread Information