Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: belly fat

Superhuman is offline Banned

belly fat

okay, so i'm @ about 10% bodyfat right now and i'm look pretty ripped everywhere - except for my abs!!! they have always been a problem area. At 10% or lower, they should usually show with no problem, right? There are a bunch of guys who gain lots of weight off-season and go up to 15% and you can still see their abs. Am I doing something wrong?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Some people are born with excellent genetics... I would attribute your challenge to genetics.

also, I never go medium or heavy for abs, I always do low weight/high reps. My reasoning behind this is that I'm not trying to make my abs bigger because I want a small waist, you know? is that a mistake, should I start throwing in some heavy ab work?

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    also, I never go medium or heavy for abs, I always do low weight/high reps. My reasoning behind this is that I'm not trying to make my abs bigger because I want a small waist, you know? is that a mistake, should I start throwing in some heavy ab work?
    I work abs like my other muscles, sets and intensity... at 10% or lower you may just have to get elective surgery(cosmetic) done.

slimsc is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    okay, so i'm @ about 10% bodyfat right now and i'm look pretty ripped everywhere - except for my abs!!! they have always been a problem area. At 10% or lower, they should usually show with no problem, right? There are a bunch of guys who gain lots of weight off-season and go up to 15% and you can still see their abs. Am I doing something wrong?

same here... i bumped my cardio up a few notches hoping to see a marked improvement...

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Depending on your age, and genetics. In men fat seems to hold on to the love handle area and lower back the most. It is usually the last place that fat will drop so you may have to take your BF% lower to have them come out.

Doing heavy weights with no more than 20 reps for abs would be my suggestion. Your waist is BELOW yoru abs and should not get wider because your abs are bigger. JMHO

Smart@$$ is offline Banned
    I have the same deal, even when skinny I had a layer of fat on the abs.

Aesthetix is offline Junior Member
    ditto .. im about 10 % rite now .. my top 4 abs show and the bottom 4 dont .. its just a matter of lowering body fat even more .. maybe if u hit 5% or so you will see em real good .

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone ever do liposuction? I don't think I can ever get rid of the fat around my waist.

Quote Originally Posted by BUYLONGTERM
    Anyone ever do liposuction? I don't think I can ever get rid of the fat around my waist.
    When I was lower on the bf, I thought about it... ended up doing dnp . I think if I get in the 11-12% range I am going to do it. My lower abs will cost about 5K at the doc I was looking at, she calls it sculpting and gets it all out inbetween the stomach muscles. The only thing is if I gain weight will it look like a fat 6 pack? lmao

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Well, I have been blessed with good genetics for abs. That is them at about 3%,, I am 15% now and 6 are showing nicely. But my calves SUCK !!!!!

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    Well, I have been blessed with good genetics for abs. That is them at about 3%,, I am 15% now and 6 are showing nicely. But my calves SUCK !!!!!

i feel you pain

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Liposuction is passe (too long, has painful and downtime recovery span)!

Marcus and I have been investigating the latest in plastic surgery...LIPODISSOLVE, they simply inject you in 2-3 sessions and you're done.

Take a gander:

http://www.skinspirations.info/lipo.php

http://www.asal-meso.com/html/transform.htm#

http://www.myfatdissolve.com/faq.html

M.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetix
    ditto .. im about 10 % rite now .. my top 4 abs show and the bottom 4 dont .. its just a matter of lowering body fat even more .. maybe if u hit 5% or so you will see em real good .
    the solution to this is doing reverse crunches. alot of ppl seem to do regular sit ups, or cable pulls, but never do leg raises or reverse crunches.. they r very easy & way effective.

1. lie on ur back w/ ur hands on the back of ur head like u were to do leg raises.

2. instead of raiseing ur entire legs, just raise ur knees to ur chest as close as u can & drop them back down having ur feet touch the floor keeping ur legs bent at all times..

3. repeat back & forth, but the key is, as ur raising ur knees to ur chest slightly lift ur buttocks off the ground..

i garranty u do 50 of these @ 3-4 sets & u will feel this workout to be very effective. JMO

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by svarturer; 08-22-2006 at 02:46 AM.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32

Marcus and I have been investigating the latest in plastic surgery...LIPODISSOLVE, they simply inject you in 2-3 sessions and you're done.

Take a gander:

M.
    Interesting. I may have to look into that.

Aesthetix is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    the solution to this is doing reverse crunches. alot of ppl seem to do regular sit ups, or cable pulls, but never do leg raises or reverse crunches.. they r very easy & way effective.

1. lie on ur back w/ ur hands on the back of ur head like u were to do leg raises.

2. instead of raiseing ur entire legs, just raise ur knees to ur chest as close as u can & drop them back down having ur feet touch the floor keeping ur legs bent at all times..

3. repeat back & forth, but the key is, as ur raising ur knees to ur chest slightly lift ur buttocks off the ground..

i garranty u do 50 of these @ 3-4 sets & u will feel this workout to be very effective. JMO
    bobby i did not mention my ab routine so how can you judge weather i do leg lifts or not ?? just for your info .. i dont do situps at all .. i do leg lifts and leg tucks ONLY .

i guess you guys are right about having to have very low bodyfat then. yeah, my fat just seems to collect @ the bottom 4 and love handles - my top 4 are RIPPED and so are the little muscles around your lats that look like ribs (i forgot the names). I'll hopefully get my bodyfat lower than 5% for my show in september so we'll see!

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    seratus

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member

Don't know anyone that's had lipo before but I know two individuals who had some etching done when they were around 10%. Cost around 3K. One had etching done around his Pecs after gyno surgery. Literally night and day. One day his chest sucked... 8 weeks later absolutley awesome shape. The other one had the etching around his abs/intercostals/lower back.... big, difference. Something I would definitely do If I had the extra cash.

okay I've got another question. I've got a competition on September 9th. That's about 10 weeks out. Right now I'm running the following:

Test Cyp: 500mg/wk
    Test Enth: 500mg/wk
    Dbol : 40mg/ED
    Masteron : 100mg/EOD

I have 2 weeks left of Dbol. I have a bottle of liquid clen and I'm wondering when to start it. What do you guys think?

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    a big issue i'd have with that personally is that once the lipo has been done, you won't be able to accurately measure your bf% for quite some time. not sure how long it will take for the bf to distribute itself evenly over your body again, but it might never balance out the same as it had been.

also another concern is as others have already mentioned, the recovery time.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member

Take a gander:

M.

How much does this cost? I am very interested in it.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member

Take a gander:

M.

http://www.asal-meso.com/html/asna/find-a-doc_usa.htm

Find a local doctor.

~Old

LIPODISSOLVE™ can be used for various conditions such as localized fat reduction, skin-retraction, gynecomastia, xanthelasma, cellulite and lipomas. Some procedures give truly exceptional results in consideration of the mild and nonsurgical nature of the treatment. Most lipomas can be successfully reduced in 1-2 sessions by injections alone with excellent results.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    This may be of interest to those seeking a more cost efficent way to treat gyno.

theforce3169 is offline Junior Member
    Liposuction doesnt work....I know, I've done it. For me, I had been overweight my whole life and averaging between 270 and 316 for about 4 or 5 years.......
    I was told that a tummy tuck is the only way to get rid of my extra flab. I am scared tho, because they are going to make an incision into your stomach (and into the muscle) My core is already pretty weak and am not ready to go that route......just yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by theforce3169
    Liposuction doesnt work....I know, I've done it. For me, I had been overweight my whole life and averaging between 270 and 316 for about 4 or 5 years.......
    I was told that a tummy tuck is the only way to get rid of my extra flab. I am scared tho, because they are going to make an incision into your stomach (and into the muscle) My core is already pretty weak and am not ready to go that route......just yet.....
    If you've done it what's there to be scared of the second time?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Good post Old.

I'll add this page to my stateside data. Thanks.

M.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    How much does this cost? I am very interested in it.
    A friend of mine as just had this done with very good results, it cost him a alot of money per amp but he was happy with the outcome, ive been researching it over the past few weeks and finally located some and hopefully will be having a nice parcel arriving soon for my friend,

He had fatty tissue around his nips and he had 4 treatments and its all gone and now he wants to start on his love handles, all ive heard is good things about it, will update when it arrives

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    wow!! thats great feedback marcus300.... I'm loooking into it myself..

BOBBY D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetix
    bobby i did not mention my ab routine so how can you judge weather i do leg lifts or not ?? just for your info .. i dont do situps at all .. i do leg lifts and leg tucks ONLY .
    bro i was talking to the man who started the thread, i dont know what u read wrong....

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    A friend of mine as just had this done with very good results, it cost him a alot of money per amp but he was happy with the outcome, ive been researching it over the past few weeks and finally located some and hopefully will be having a nice parcel arriving soon for my friend,

He had fatty tissue around his nips and he had 4 treatments and its all gone and now he wants to start on his love handles, all ive heard is good things about it, will update when it arrives
    So you are going to do this yourself.. what I mean is administer it yourself and not go to the doctor? It seems simple enough stick it in the fat and push the plunger.. This would be a dream come true for many but people will abuse it thinking they could go from 25% BF to 10% using this.

I would be interested in your results please share them.

~Old

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    and show some b4/after pics....

skg
    skg is offline Junior Member
    hey brothers,

I was fat for years (from child)

managed to get to around 12%.

then did lipo AND abdominoplasty

with lipo and abdo, the doc HAVE to leave some fat for some safety reasons i dont understand.

ab etching must be perfect but was not available at the place i live (greece)

beyond that level (lipo and abdo) i got really good improvements by further perfecting my diet and by morning cardio on empty stomach (1 hour) + some sprints after that 1 hour cardio. after cardio 1 hour eat nothing, and then eat mostly protein every 1-2 hours

will post updated photos soon.

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    i couldnt see my abs no matter how much ab work till i started doing abs with heaveir weight on my cycle now i noticed it in 3 weeks

cmax is offline Associate Member

Marcus, I recently ordered some injectable Phosphatidylcholine which is the active ingredient in Lipostabil. Is this the same active ingredient used in Lipodisolve?

I know someone who used Phosphatidylcholine with great results. It seems to take a few treatments to work really well. I am surprised that more places do not offer these type of treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    Marcus, I recently ordered some injectable Phosphatidylcholine which is the active ingredient in Lipostabil. Is this the same active ingredient used in Lipodisolve?

I know someone who used Phosphatidylcholine with great results. It seems to take a few treatments to work really well. I am surprised that more places do not offer these type of treatments.
    If you go to those links it says it is not the same active ingredient. Also, it explains how phosphaditylcholine if not manufacturered properly will not work, hence some worked others did nothing.

Edit: This is what I must have read. "does not contain lipostabil, pure deoxycholate, lidocain or collagenase"
    Last edited by Smart@$$; 06-23-2006 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax

Yes Phosphatidylcholine is the active ingredient in lipodissolve/lipostabil, they are the same thing just different manufacturers, it normally takes 4 treatments to totally dissolve the fat depending on how much is there, was told 0.25cc does a sq inch

How does LipoDissolve work?

The result is selective fat lyses by breaking the adipocyte (fat cell) membranes with no damage to neighboring structures like skin, blood vessels, and peripheral nerves. The fat clearance is performed by the physiological pathways, i.e. the lymphatic, venous and immune systems. The triglycerides from the broken cells are released into the interstitial fluid where they are gradually transported through the lymphatic or venous system to the liver. In the liver they are utilized through the physiologic metabolic pathways in a process lasting between several hours to days.

The capacity of the body to carry away triglyceride molecules is much larger than the amount of triglycerides that are liberated as a result of the treatment. The broken-cells' debris is cleared by the normal inflammatory response, i.e., phagocytosis. These breakdown products are transferred safely through the blood or lymphatics and utilized in physiological pathways and/or carried away in urine or fecal elimination.

Lipodissolve is the trade name given to a process called injection lipolysis - a term doctors use for getting rid of body fat by injecting a chemical under the skin and around the fat cells.

Yes Phosphatidylcholine is the active ingredient in lipodissolve/lipostabil, they are the same thing just different manufacturers, it normally takes 4 treatments to totally dissolve the fat depending on how much is there, was told 0.25cc does a sq inch
    This is what I read "does not contain lipostabil, pure deoxycholate, lidocain or collagenase", and in one article they talked about the stability of the phosphaditylcholine(I will try and find that too).

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information