keith hackney is offline Associate Member

HELP. which cycle should I do?

I am torn between what to do here. Here's the scenario. I will be returning to school to play football this spring semester which starts in January. Weightlifting testing for spring football will take place on Jan 15 and 16 when we all get back from break. Around this time is when I want to be my strongest. I have two proposed cycles. The first one is a 10 week Prop (Dbol weeks 1-4, Var weeks 5-10). This one would require a start date of November 12. This cycle is good because week 10 would be the team max out week. And also, it ends soon enough so that I can get a good max out in, finish up my PCT, and be clean before the start of spring practice (NCAA may drug test us).

The other option I'm currently considering is a 7 week Prop (Dbol 1-4) starting December 24. Doing it this way will likely give me a good max out as well because max out week would be my 4th week of Dbol. Also, the cycle will continue until Feb 10, making the gains a little more maintained (than a cycle ending in Jan) going into spring practice.

Another thing I could do is run the 10 weeker without Var, then do a Var only cycle after we get drug tested (whenever the NCAA decide to come). Or run the 7 weeker and have Var on hand.

As you can see I am pretty confused. The only good thing about this situation is that I do have plenty of time to figure it out. Any words of wisdom, suggestions, or ideas?

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    hard to give advice without knowing your stats, and previous cycle experience. how old are you?

I personally don't like either cycle. IMO dbol is pointless when cycling prop. I like to prop/var combo but I would start your prop in week 3 and run it a minimum of 8wks. You could also consider running it the entire cycle. Your dosages will be dependant on cycle history and size.

Smart@$$ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    I personally don't like either cycle. IMO dbol is pointless when cycling prop. I like to prop/var combo but I would start your prop in week 3 and run it a minimum of 8wks. You could also consider running it the entire cycle. Your dosages will be dependant on cycle history and size.
    So test and dbol is not a good combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Smart@$$
    So test and dbol is not a good combo?
    Dbol is fine if your cycling a long estered test i.e. enth or cyp. Prop is short acting and will kick in by the end of the first week.

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't understand why you want to be at your strongest at the begining of the season. how long is a season. why not run gear during the season?

Smart@$$ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    Dbol is fine if your cycling a long estered test i.e. enth or cyp. Prop is short acting and will kick in by the end of the first week.
    I understand esters. Why is it only fine with long estered test? Dbol can be used in more ways than a kickstart, right?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    in your case i like the idea of running something like var and prop for 8 weeks. dosage depending on your cycle experience and possibly size.

keith hackney is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrulic
    I don't understand why you want to be at your strongest at the begining of the season. how long is a season. why not run gear during the season?
    i guess i didnt mean what i said 100% but i just want to do well at max outs on the 15th and 16th. I cant run gear during season because i dont wanna get busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart@$$
    Dbol can be used in more ways than a kickstart, right?
    IMO...no. Most of what you gain from dbol is water. Your strength will be while on but once coming off....gains are hardly retainable. IMO dbol should only be used as a 'kick' start while waiting for the longer estered tests to take effect.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    I agree with dragon...dbol is just a kickstart to give another compound to kick in.

Thread Information